Emergency extended for one more month, night curfew to remain

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

All our local restaurants and mom-n-pop shops are sold out of any and all kinds of alcohol ????

Came through a riverside village this midday and most places were open, there was one shop that had a tarp that had slipped off what was about half a dozen cases of what I think was cans of Chang!

Not a beer man myself but it's still out there by the looks of it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, steven100 said:

what about the booze ...

Yes, what about the booze? Do you think they nothing else to worry about.

Steel yourself for the mind control next.

Seriously though, we cannot expect that they will relax the ban yet. They already confirmed the public holidays will go ahead.

So IMHO its likely the ban will be extended until the 11th.

Wasn't this originally an issue for Songkran?

Biggest fear is that Alcohol sales may be banned for all future public holidays.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, CGW said:

Exactly! priorities - I have no problem staying home, but at least let me have a few beers, I find my company insufferable when I haven't medicated with alcohol! ????

so do we  ????????????

• Haha 2

So actually no real news ! apart staying after 10 till 4 am hardly effects me , but mind you might keep hungry rioters off the streets

Booze restaurant golf courses trains buses ... nothing on important stuff

18 minutes ago, CGW said:

There's always one will kick a man when he's down! ????

Imagine how my wife feels! 

If you are down my friend, we are all there with you, in the weeds, struggling for breath and our very sanity. ????

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

If you are down my friend, we are all there with you, in the weeds, struggling for breath and our very sanity. ????

Yes! be are joined in our struggle - wondering why we are trying to make sense of the posts on TVF - ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

agree absolutely ....  if I have to suffer another month of posters comments on TV I want to be intoxicated at the very least.

nip over and see your hero Mr P and he might give you a special pass since you have such a loyal licker :post-4641-1156694083:

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

So Bangkok are allowing restaurants to open without the sale of alcohol from Friday 

I wonder if this means alcohol will stay banned for home use 

I don't think it's banned from home use...just banned from being sold. If you have it, drink up!

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

agree absolutely ....  if I have to suffer another month of posters comments on TV I want to be intoxicated at the very least.

I know how you feel - I'm losing the way to live reading some of the comments on here

• Like 1

So 72 ( seventy two ) provincial governors have to make a decision on allowing alcohol back, and whether they do or not, pray tell me, how will that news be transmitted to the regular man in the street, or rather the regular guy at home.

Are they all gonna video conference ( Zoom is good ) with each other.

They'll have to go somewhere like Sinthanee and wire up 72 flat screens.