Safety guarantee added to lure tourists back to ‘Amazing Thailand

snoop1130

14 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

There are currently armed vigilante mobs in Phuket posting photos on Facebook of themselves targeting foreigners with the slogan 'stay at home <deleted> tourist or get out of my country'. How can safety be guaranteed with people like that around?

If all comes back to normal, I would love to see ppl seeing and remembering this. 

Phuket completely destroyed, nature wise and by corrupted & greedy 'businesses'

... after so many helped to re-build and send donations after the Tsunami. 

For this, I hate Phuket ... been back there 4 years ago and left after one night. So many other nice places and national parks in that area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The “Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration” campaign aims to lift standards in the industry by certifying the safety of tourism businesses.

Left a lot to be desired in the past... can't see anything changing now.

• Like 2

Hate to be a cynic. But how in heavens name will they do this? Thais do not obey rules at the best of times. This just sounds like a money grab by the department of health officials who have not really had their snouts in the tourism trough. Sounds like "I'll certify you... How much you pay?" will be the standard approach.. Ah well, this is Thailand... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I wonder if they are '<deleted> tourist' who might also be taking photos of the vigilantes and post them on Facebook, in order to remember eventually when everything is reasonably back to normal, those to avoid and not give their custom to?

Fully agree. That place needs a much bigger lesson ... I think the current corona tourist break will not be enough. The Tsunami even wasn't.

But it will not happen ... soon bus loads and airplanes will come back and it's all back to 'smiles' & rip-offs.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 2

I hope that there are a few international flights from Thailand to Canada, as my

Thai inlaws want to get to Canada for our Summer.  I will not be flying anywhere

internationally for at least 2 years, by then I will be able to afford a holiday again.

Good luck to all that plan to holiday, right after some planes fly again.

Geezer

15 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

There are currently armed vigilante mobs in Phuket posting photos on Facebook of themselves targeting foreigners with the slogan 'stay at home <deleted> tourist or get out of my country'. How can safety be guaranteed with people like that around?

B------T! This post should be taken down, it's not true and dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Pinot said:
15 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

OK, that hadn't occurred to me.

So can the OP provide a link or some other proof that this is happening?

There is no reason Thailand cannot become the #1 luxury travel destination in the world.

Unfortunately, it has to do this if it wants to regain tourist income. The second wave of covid infections is a scientific certainty. Look to China to see what is coming next. Curve has been flat for two months and the country is essentially closed to foreigners. PRC do not want to allow the second wave to hit.

The second wave will destroy any realistic plan for rebuilding budget tourism this year. The only people who will be able to travel are those who can prove they are covid free before boarding and after landing. Only rich people will travel. Thailand must increase access to testing if it wants to run any sort tourism industry again, high end or otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Pinot said:

It is true, and should stay.

Some freedom of speech, so much already banned in Thailand.

Edited by RedPill

15 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Optimism to the extreme.

The world travellers are much better informed now.

Tourists denied entry at airports. Tourists interrogated at airport. Tourist put in airport jail. Dual pricing and much more. All this make international news, travellers are aware and more and more tourists choose alternative destination, where they feel welcome.

Other countries IO welcome tourists to their country, and tourist can often extend without problem. This Thailand should learn from. Put a end to 'You come to often to Thailand', and all other nonsense regulation they created last 10 years.

Immigration need a total overhaul.

Exactly.  A good solution would be to replace Immigration with a private-company, whose employee's pension-fund is invested in tourist-industries.  That would ensure the MFA's Visas are honored, and every arriving-tourist was treated with respect - not scowled at, and passport thrown back at them in disgust.

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why not also give them a free amulet upon arrival for their Safety guarantee....

You will need to fill in a short questionnaire before being issued with an amulet:

Q1. Are you gullible?

Q2. If you answered 'yes' to the above, please proceed and pay 5,000 Baht deposit for your amulet.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ToThailand said:

Thai people are racists, they dont like farang. Only like our money. Would be fun to see how they managed without all the tourists these days. Millions without jobs already cause no turists comes due to the virus

Most Thai people do not have this attitude.  A clique in immigraton and other govt-officies does, and they have a few useful-idiots, like the ones in Phuket - who I bet do not (are not paid to?) target Chinese visitors.

A logo.

Thailands tourism future is based on a logo?

In the past your tourism grew in spite of you, not because of you.

Now, you suddenly think your skills and plans to have any bearing on the future of Thailand's tourism? 

...and the best you can come up with is...A LOGO?

Fail.

14 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

The last line says a lot about your character, Exactly the Tourists Thailand does not want.

"Thailand" does not want them - but immigration gives them no problem.  It's short-term visitor sex-holiday types who fill up Walking St Pattaya, Patpong, etc. 

It's those of us who have long-term gfs/wives - who stay here longer, and primarily support smaller Thai businesses with our incomes - who are targeted by immigration's policy changes.

• Like 1

Not to mention that when reading news almost each country has a promotion in place to travel at home country for holidays and spend monies locally to support local businesses when the mayhem is over.

Edited by FinChin67

15 hours ago, Mavideol said:

TAT at its best.... would like to see how it will be implemented and controlled/inspected

Prob will be like that food safety sticker that restaurants and food stalls get. No underlying validity. Just a sticker.

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Re the old US-policy - This trick was to get the poor working-class whites to 'feel superior' to colored folks - while the Policy-Goal was preserving a low-wage underclass that undermined the economic-interests of ALL working-class people.  When legal-segregation was abolished, US-immigration policy was changed the following year, to flood-in masses of low-wage workers - which preserved that underclass, by destroying the economic ladder to which colored-folks had finally achieved legal-access. 

In Thailand, Western-tourist spending creates an economic ladder.  To counter this, Thais are encouraged to feel 'superior' to foreigners, while their upward-mobility is actively undermined by a massive-volume of work-visas to foreigners who undercut their wages, combined with immigration policy changes to keep long-term Western-spenders out.  "Tour Groups," who spend almost all their money at designated shops are permitted; they don't help "ordinary" Thais move up, economically.

Quite insightful, thanks, i couldn't have said it better.

• Like 1