Proposed plan to revive THAI approved by state enterprise body

snoop1130

Want to save THAI.

1. Lower your sorely inflated prices to be competitive. 

2. Hire some flight attendants UNDER 50 years of age. 

Just my recommendation.  I stopped using them 10 years ago due to those two reasons.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, YetAnother said:

a committee, and the first thing it does, is appoint two sub committees; job done

Yes but there is also a committee to select the committee who appoints the sub committees don't yer know...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, PJPom said:

The answer to their woes is simple, appoint a CEO ( who is not Thai ) who is answerable to nobody but one person who shall be nameless. Give him the power to set wages and conditions. Give him the power to remove persons who are simply there due to influence. Give him immunity from prosecution on trumped up charges and finally give him a security detail which will keep him alive.....All the preceding is simply pie in the sky, it will never happen ..goodbye Thai Airways.

I know this, YOU know this hell even THEY know this but it's more of the same.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

a committee, and the first thing it does, is appoint two sub committees; job done

It's really like a parody
The newly appointed committee held its first meeting today [April 29.,16:00 p.m.]

“After the plan was approved, the SEPC appointed the Transport Ministry to submit the plan for Cabinet approval." [April 29., 16:08 p.m.]
The meeting was formally closed, everybody made a "waai" to each other and to the TV-cameras." And up they all went in 5 different stretch limousines to a soapy massage at Ratchadaphisek [April 29., 16:13 p.m.]

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PJPom said:

The answer to their woes is simple, appoint a CEO ( who is not Thai ) who is answerable to nobody but one person who shall be nameless. Give him the power to set wages and conditions. Give him the power to remove persons who are simply there due to influence. Give him immunity from prosecution on trumped up charges and finally give him a security detail which will keep him alive.....All the preceding is simply pie in the sky, it will never happen ..goodbye Thai Airways.

Chai Airways will never die, nor will the Wuhan railway express, The C 19 line directly 2 Pattaya 

The secret to running an airline, well, its not a secret to us, is to have skilled people at the top who have run an airline before. Such people do not  in Thailand so they need to bring in a few foreigners who have.  Richard Branson might be available soon !!!  

12 hours ago, PJPom said:

The other news source mentioned that Thai must employ a "professional" to manage.....many would imagine a foreigner with years of successful airline management...but I would doubt anyone in government would like to answer to a foreigner....so I would guess that nepotism will again rule Thai!

13 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That will solve Thai Airlines problems, set up a committee and a few sub committees,job done !

regards worgeordie

In my opinion, two sub-committees will not be sufficient. Let's go for...say.....twelve????

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

The other news source mentioned that Thai must employ a "professional" to manage.....many would imagine a foreigner with years of successful airline management...but I would doubt anyone in government would like to answer to a foreigner....so I would guess that nepotism will again rule Thai!

An Ex or current Army General,is the likely choice.

regards worgeordie

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“The committee is responsible for ensuring transparency and good governance among state enterprises.”

From a company that hemorrhages money faster pig in a slaughter house that's laughable?

15 hours ago, PJPom said:

There isn't a foreigner alive that would take the position.

In the past foreigners were appointed for such things as the government subsidised sugar mills. He found high levels of corruption and then he 'disappeared.' Read into that how you want. ????

Can you imagine a foreigner weighing in and bringing all that <deleted> to the surface in this mahousive enterprise going into billions and billions of baht.

Never gonna happen!  ????

Edited by thequietman
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, thequietman said:

There isn't a foreigner alive that would take the position.

In the past foreigners were appointed for such things as the government subsidised sugar mills. He found high levels of corruption and then he 'disappeared.' Read into that how you want. ????

Can you imagine a foreigner weighing in and bringing all that <deleted> to the surface in this mahousive enterprise going into billions and billions of baht.

Never gonna happen!  ????

I remember this well. Michael Wansley was the guy's name. Australian corporate insolvency expert gunned down by assassins allegedly hired by the Thakhli Sugar Mill owners after Michael discovered theft of $150m from loans given to the Kaset Thai Sugar Company.

Memorable quote: "It's very good the farang is dead, now we can live comfortably".

https://books.google.co.th/books?id=QCzRHFYJabcC&pg=PA453&lpg=PA453&dq=michael+wansley+murder&source=bl&ots=JX0AhbTK9p&sig=ACfU3U3smt5IUvIqlYW0TpvpQtxG2PNpTg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiVjIG8mI_pAhVTzDgGHft1CucQ6AEwB3oECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=michael wansley murder&f=false

Edited by Yadon Toploy

17 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Want to save THAI.

1. Lower your sorely inflated prices to be competitive. 

2. Hire some flight attendants UNDER 50 years of age. 

Just my recommendation.  I stopped using them 10 years ago due to those two reasons.

1. Agreed. 2. If anyone can do any particular job, they should not lose it because of their age.

Except of course when they reach retirement age.

22 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

1. Agreed. 2. If anyone can do any particular job, they should not lose it because of their age.

Except of course when they reach retirement age.

Depends who you are related to!

2 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

I remember this well. Michael Wansley was the guy's name. Australian corporate insolvency expert gunned down by assassins allegedly hired by the Thakhli Sugar Mill owners after Michael discovered theft of $150m from loans given to the Kaset Thai Sugar Company.

Memorable quote: "It's very good the farang is dead, now we can live comfortably".

https://books.google.co.th/books?id=QCzRHFYJabcC&pg=PA453&lpg=PA453&dq=michael+wansley+murder&source=bl&ots=JX0AhbTK9p&sig=ACfU3U3smt5IUvIqlYW0TpvpQtxG2PNpTg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiVjIG8mI_pAhVTzDgGHft1CucQ6AEwB3oECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=michael wansley murder&f=false

Interesting read!  That's a piece of local history I hadn't known of before...

Not uncommon, I'd believe, in any range of endeavors here.

3 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Interesting read, and probably should be compulsory reading for any farang, should they ever be offered any executive post in a Thai company!!