Air travellers to five provinces face quarantine on arrival

rooster59

51 minutes ago, Chassa said:

Air on planes is recirculated - think about it!

That's why smoking was banned.

Some of the air is recirculated after having passed through HEPA filters, but it is also continuously being replenished by fresh outside air at such a high rate that the entire volume of cabin air is replaced every few minutes.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Does Ai Anutin get quarantined when returning to Buriram or is this only for the common peons?

Only for the common peons.

7 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

These clowns have no idea what they are doing.

better than dear old England: UK daily death count highest in the world after US. UK testing per capita is slightly better than Turkey. Once the Govt has to own up and include deaths in nursing homes, the UK will be a world leader, all right.

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Krabi airport, meanwhile, informed that visitors must have a medical certificate from their point of embarkation that they are free from Covid-19.

???? how  pathetic!

7 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Exactly, they have no way at all to control who comes and goes ( apart from at the airport i guess ).

Good question. Say I drive from NST to Surathani, whats to stop me. ?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Off topic but better ask here than start thread. So I left bkk ~ 8 weeks back. Staying in another provience. 

So what happens if I get taxi to bkk (where I live) obviously within curfew rules?

Most  likely  nothing at  all , this is  99% for  show.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paddypower said:

better than dear old England: UK daily death count highest in the world after US. UK testing per capita is slightly better than Turkey. Once the Govt has to own up and include deaths in nursing homes, the UK will be a world leader, all right.

Until some science  has gone through all the reasons why some places get much higher infection and death rates I think its a bit  early to slag off any country.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bodga said:

Until some science  has gone through all the reasons why some places get much higher infection and death rates I think its a bit  early to slag off any country.

my intention was to counter the original (English) poster, who was slagging off Thailand.

17 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

does anyone know how these quarantines work?

if you are by yourself, how do you get food?  do they put you up in a specific hotel?  

i'm curious about the process....

They won't be "putting you up" you will pay room and food.

As for other questions ask folk from cruise ships how quarantine panned out.

Having said that Australia my joint is doing same. Hotel under police guard. 

Edited by DrJack54

11 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Good question. Say I drive from NST to Surathani, whats to stop me. ?

Exactly.

I'm going for a jolly on Tuesday that will take me through at least 5 provinces, not in the slightest concerned about the check points.

• Like 1

I’m just driving from Trat to home in Chiang Mai, rest in Sakaeo and now rent another room in Phisanulok... tomorrow in Chiang Mai. Not any check point active, only one and without problem. ????

2 hours ago, nrasmussen said:

Some of the air is recirculated after having passed through HEPA filters, but it is also continuously being replenished by fresh outside air at such a high rate that the entire volume of cabin air is replaced every few minutes.

...and then someone coughs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smedly said:

so this is internal travel

sounds like they don't trust data from the provinces that claim zero infections

what about bus train and private vehicles

Train, Bus, Car and Bike all OK.

These were the modes of Transmission used by the Bankokians for their Holiday getaway late last week.

The mind Boggles

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Does Ai Anutin get quarantined when returning to Buriram or is this only for the common peons?

common peons and dirty farangs only

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Krabi airport, meanwhile, informed that visitors must have a medical certificate from their point of embarkation that they are free from Covid-19.

somebody goes to see a doctor for a test and he/she is asymptomatic nothing shows on the test, doctor provides certificate, he/she decides to fly a couple days later and arrives at destination, shows certificate and let thru, couple days later he/she has symptoms because while traveling it was the incubation period, medical certificate proves nothing only good to clean one's rear if WC is out of paper, which is quite common here

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Good point, most people fly because it reduces the journey time by 70 / 80%, but if flying (only flying) means 14 days quarantine, especially in a designated quarantine hotel which the passengers must pay for, then there's no point in flying.

In this scenario I'd readily take the alternative of 9/10 hours on a bus Bkk to CM. 

You will need to fly no bus service

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

They won't be "putting you up" you will pay room and food.

As for other questions ask folk from cruise ships how quarantine panned out.

Having said that Australia my joint is doing same. Hotel under police guard. 

The big difference between Thailand and Australia is that people in quarantine here have to pay themselves however anyone in quarantine in Australia a government, state I believe, picks up the tab.

43 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

somebody goes to see a doctor for a test and he/she is asymptomatic nothing shows on the test, doctor provides certificate, he/she decides to fly a couple days later and arrives at destination, shows certificate and let thru, couple days later he/she has symptoms because while traveling it was the incubation period, medical certificate proves nothing only good to clean one's rear if WC is out of paper, which is quite common here

So "somebody" decides it's a huge waste of time to even get this certificate, cancels travel and stays home. Thus the primary function of the certificate as simply being a deterrent, a time-wasting encumberment works.

Winning!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

If nothing has changed, entering the province is prohibited.
My eldest daughter is a doctor at That Phanom hospital and we cannot go to visit her while we live in the province of Sakon Nakhon .

The two provinces have a long common border

google maps are your friend for getting around. Lots of ways to and from the 2 provinces that do not involve checkpoints, Just ask the locals if not sure 

40 minutes ago, lujanit said:

anyone in quarantine in Australia a government, state I believe, picks up the tab.

For now (victims of circumstance being repatriated), doubt it will be the case in the future if quarantine is still in place after they ease up on international travel restrictions (self inflicted).

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Chassa said:

Air on planes is recirculated - think about it!

That's why smoking was banned.

Air on aircraft is NOT recirculated....please get your facts right.

I expect the reason they have done this maybe because they do not want 'tourists' going all over the country.

Think about it. If you are flying 'home' then your going to be at home.

I think its crazy to let people move around as someone could have the virus...go back to the province and then elders will maybe get it.

???????????? big for the Govt if the figures are correct and the virus almost gone from Thailand....but dont be surprised if it starts spreading.

15 hours ago, scorecard said:

Good point, most people fly because it reduces the journey time by 70 / 80%, but if flying (only flying) means 14 days quarantine, especially in a designated quarantine hotel which the passengers must pay for, then there's no point in flying.

In this scenario I'd readily take the alternative of 9/10 hours on a bus Bkk to CM. 

Would you not have to still go into 14 days quarantine on arrival?

41 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Would you not have to still go into 14 days quarantine on arrival?

Possibly yes but I would do it at home (in Chiang Mai) and isolate myself in my bedroom with zero contact with my family, my son putting meals outside my door etc.

Edited by scorecard