Bangkok extends closure of 34 risky locations until May 31

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

But still allows 1 Million people to leave the City and travel where ever they want too for the Holiday period

Insane

wow 1 million..is that an official number..... do you have a link ?

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

But still allows 1 Million people to leave the City and travel where ever they want too for the Holiday period

Insane

There was a report of over 900,000 persons traveling within the province of Bangkok during the day if from May 1 report - not that they had departed the city.  

2 hours ago, rwill said:

maintain social distancing at parks while the local markets are as crowded as ever.

However, Lumpini park was a mad house this evening. I ran this morning and it was OK. Went back at 5pm with the GF and kids to walk around and look at greenery and it was a zoo. Media everywhere with toms of BIB and some influential people for a photo opportunity.  

8 hours ago, Thailand said:

This virus is not under control is it, they really do not know which way to turn?

And as for allowing all the "holiday" travel - sheer madness.

Another brainwashed individual I see. ????

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:
6 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Close "Elderly Care"????

I thought the same thing when I saw that on the list. I understand the risk rationale, but in practical terms, they must be idiots to put that on the closures list.

They're not kicking out the residents.  They're just not allowing friends and family to visit.  At least that's my read...  Just like old folks homes in China and the USA where that's what's happened.

A bit disappointing that shopping malls are still closed. I don't frequent them a lot but could definitely do with a trip to buy some stuff (yes, I know you can order online). 

I went a large Tesco yesterday with all the food outlets open, banks open and the markets selling were open etc. It was packed. I wonder how that is massively different to say opening a Central department store. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

It was packed. I wonder how that is massively different to say opening a Central department store. 

Perhaps Central products provide less of a necessities image?  

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Perhaps Central products provide less of a necessities image?  

There is nothing more necessary than Central opening.

Stationery supplies, haircuts, restaurants, dry cleaning, there is nothing you can't get done in a Central when it's open.

We got exactly the same order in Chiang Mai, 29 businesses though. 

Very wrong decision.

• Like 1

Our family went to Suan Rot Fai (railway park) in Chatuchak this afternoon. It was beautiful and almost deserted. Lots of wildlife, well maintained and very friendly staff. After we went for a snack at a restaurant, again everyone so welcoming after the long break. I know the park usually has about 50% Burmese, I know that many people left for the holiday weekend, but I was still amazed how few there were - I couldn't wait to get out and we had a brilliant afternoon. Several incidents and conversations reminded me that I would never dream of living anywhere else except Bangkok.

Rooster

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Well, "department stores" don't typically have bank branches and pharmacies and govt. offices within them... But malls do... So I'm presuming they are really talking about malls.

My local Big C is a department store, within the complex you can find most of the above mentioned smaller retail outlets, including banks, pharmacies, salons, beauty treatment salons, and a cinema on the top floor. as well as an extensive food hall etc etc etc.

21 hours ago, Thailand said:

This virus is not under control is it, they really do not know which way to turn?

And as for allowing all the "holiday" travel - sheer madness.

The virus maybe under control, but the virus that is in control of the country is not!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Movie Theaters in S. Korea are open.  S. Korea has 10,000+ cases and over 250 deaths.  A movie theater would be good dry run on limited capacity seating.  Start at 50% with distancing, everyone wears a mask and no food sales for the first 14 days.  Then progress or regress depending on the numbers.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
Grammar
  • Like 1

Went to Chatuchak Park at 06.30 on Sunday morning for walking. Plenty of order and distancing. In the afternoon went to Big C at Saphan Kwai, busiest ever seen it and no distancing. Alcohol aisles were packed with people at 5.30pm. 

Today, Monday 4th May needed to change some cash so went from Sanampao to Siam on the BTS. Very quiet at 3pm on the train. 

Changed money at Superich (was only customer). After that went into Paragon which was only open in the food areas and busy. No restaurant seating at all. No non food (except banks and pharmacies) were open. 

On 5/3/2020 at 4:09 AM, rooster59 said:

25. Amulet shop

<deleted>?

What next, shall we all put "eye of Newt" under our pillows?