The new normal at Pattaya restaurants: Temperature checks and screens between diners

webfact

The new normal at Pattaya restaurants: Temperature checks and screens between diners

9pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Sophon Cable TV sent its reporters out as regulations were lifted allowing people to eat at some restaurants in the Pattaya area. 

The "New Normal" means that patrons at the well known Song Banthit restaurant near the old market must have their temperature taken and hands sanitized with gel before they are allowed to enjoy the shop's famous noodles.

Owner Yaowarat, 58, said the shop opened 32 years ago and had never known times like this. 

Tables are 1.5 meters apart and her staff have fashioned plastic screens between diners to stop the spread of coronavirus. 

In addition all staff are kitted out in face shields and masks whether they are serving or preparing the noodles. 

The shop had been operating a takeaway service but Yaowarat conceded that noodles need to be eaten on site to get the full flavor of the dish.

9pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Arrangements were similar at the Saep Der Kuayjap Yuan restaurant where owner Phee Nok, 49, had stacked up seven of her usual 12 tables so that social distancing could be accomplished.

Screens were also on each table ready for opening today.

Thaivisa notes that earlier reports that restaurants in Pattaya would not be opening for onsite dining were wide of the mark.

Sources: Sophon Cable TVSophon Cable TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-05

• Sad 1

Notice in the photos the common rather stupid habit of putting mask down around chin rather than taking it off. Do people think that the virus avoids their chin? That virus is like some heat seeking missile that only goes for the nose? Think! people, if you have that faculty

Screens on tables.....Eureka!!!....I have been praying to the gods for this to happen for oh so long, i hope they are blackout screens so i no longer have to endure the sight of a Thai noshing noodles or watching their food rotating in their mouths on a hot wash, not to mention the lip smacking sounds they make

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

Notice in the photos the common rather stupid habit of putting mask down around chin rather than taking it off.

The "big problem" when taking off the mask is where to put it. Unless you plan for this in advance (not a strong suit of most people here!), you don't really have good options.

I've seen people putting their masks on the table in coffee shops (when they were still open) - if that's the alternative, I prefer them to just lower it to the chin!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

This is stupid , the tables should bi screened off Not two people eating together. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

So they walk in together and sit down separated by a screen ? <deleted> !! ????????

Looks like a visitor room at an HMP in the UK (Prison for the confused) - but still NO BEER!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Greenhill said:

So, dining in a/c restaurants is allowed???!!

Dining in at all eateries and restaurants are allowed except in shopping malls where there is huge crowd.