Shoppers may get two hour time limit when visiting malls

snoop1130

On my rare visits , after a  quick look at the Phones, the Girls in the Perfume outlets, its into Black Canyon and bored waiting to play Taxi Driver again.They always ready to go if you have just ordered a nice Beer.????

14 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

Uh, I've got a question. How will they know when someone has passed 2 hours? Do they connect an explosive device to their ankle and at 2 hours it ignites?

I would assume any responsible adult who believes in fairness will follow the rules.  Like not driving the wrong way on a one way street.  Some people believe that people can follow rules when it is the right thing to do.  555

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Greenhill said:

Has he got any idea how malls would control a maximum number of people entering, when they've probsbly got a number of entrances?  Also how would they control the 2 hour time limit?   Solutions will be most interesting, I'm sure!

Clocking in and out cards. Control-Control-Control.

Has he got any idea how malls would control a maximum number of people entering, when they've probsbly got a number of entrances?  Also how would they control the 2 hour time limit?   Solutions will be most interesting, I'm sure!

You no unnastan Thailan. He has spoken. It is not his job to work out how to do the impossible, and so when it doesn't work he will say he has no choice and close the malls again and blame the people.

Easy as that. Aldi installed a traffic light system. Counting electronically people in the shop. If it comes to the limit the traffic light outside shows red! And the entrance is closed. 

So what? 

27 minutes ago, marcusb said:

Cant see that working, but I would like to see other actions taken at malls and grocery stores.  

No kids, or family groups.  People dont have to make shopping a family outing. 

Yes, excellent idea, parents should just leave their 3 year olds at home with a pair of scissors because you're terrified of catching a cold. 

Good idea.

Edited by Logosone

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Yes, excellent idea, parents should just leave their 3 year olds at home with a pair of scissors because you're terrified of catching a cold. 

Good idea.

Well, only if the children are unfortunate enough to have someone as dim as you for a caregiver.    As well, I am not terrified but I do comprehend social distancing, its a very easy concept, perhaps your 3 year old can explain it to you, possibly with pictures.  Have a stellar day. 

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

• There must be a limit on the number of people allowed to enter the mall at any one time.

Considering most of the malls I visit were about 25% as busy as previously - even before covid - I doubt this is something that needs a lot of supervision.

16 hours ago, lostmebike said:

" ... by who?"

The very same people that have enforced the booze ban so well and subsequently stopped all mom's and pop's stores selling booze illegally. 

The very same agency that have enforced the social distancing rules so well (sans rural Thailand, poo yai's and their friends and family, and of course the wealthy)

The very same agency that stops kids riding bikes without helmets and licenses, and the very same "force" that comes down hard on man-children drunkenly speeding around town and owning the outside lanes on the highways. 

Why do you need to ask? ????

Law enforcement has never been a strong suit for the Thais.

19 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Unenforceable in malls, what are they going to give a ticket when entering and what time to leave. This is just micromanaging people lives to the extreme.

Do you not even think there is some merit in the idea,

These are unprecedented circumstances you know.

(re-posted, earlier I quoted 'Oldie' in error.... apologies)

2 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Uh, I've got a question. How will they know when someone has passed 2 hours? Do they connect an explosive device to their ankle and at 2 hours it ignites?

Ever punched a time clock? Bet someone is going to make a motza out of this, installing time clocks and selling single use punch cards.

I should imagine the time clock lights up like a poker machine when the 2 hour limit is exceeded, except the jackpot goes to any BIB nearby.

Would think the broke bar stool trolls that make up xx% of these forums would be glad to see their gf have only limited shopping time for the next nine months. Should help everyone's budget! And the stores will be desperate to bring in revenues - sales.

There is a really easy way, actually, to resume life as normal despite the covid threat.

Allow all activities to resume, as long as they are performed **upside down**.  You can go anywhere you want, as long as you walk there on your hands. You can do anything you want, drink anything you want, chat up anyone you want, as long as everyone is standing on their hands.

Think about it - if we are all walking on our hands, our mouths are pointed straight at the ground and we can't touch our faces. No risk of infecting others with exhalations floating in the air.

But you say, the ground will be covered with covid virus - yes, but the hot asphalt of Thailand will evaporate pretty much anything that touches it. And we will all be wearing gloves to protect our hands.

But you say, the air conditioned mall floors will allow covid virus to survive for hours, if not days. Yes, this is true, which is why the mall floors must be covered in alcohol gel every half hour, for our safety.

Does anyone have an email address for the Cabinet? I'm sure I'm not the first one to propose this solution, but will write it up and send in, just in case.

20 hours ago, Greenhill said:

It’s already being done in EU where huge supermarkets have a queue outside, 1 meter apart, ( respected) I don’t know the system, but looks to me by 50 clients in, Wait for 50 to go out, repeat. In a mall , you’d just have to let say by a hundred, or whatever. 

T21, Emporium, EQ Quartier, Siam Paragon, IconSiam will all be virtually empty anyway with no tourists, so a 2 hour timeframe won't be needed. The only malls that will be busy will be in the suburbs like Central Lat Phrao, Mega Bang Na, The Mall Bang kapi etc.

21 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Or, 

Maybe they figure within 2 hours most people have enough brains and sense to decide what they want to buy.

Really ? How about I go to dinner at a restaurant , maybe takes time to get a waitress, cook the meal, serve the meal eat it say I'm fast 45 mins. Obviously I won't be able to take in a movie as most are almost 2 hours long. Say I have to do some banking hmmmmmaybe 20---30 mins depending on crowd espescially if social distancing. How about food shoppping. Most Thai get off 1 day a week so now will have huge crowds waiting to buy booze or just food so will have to stand in long queue.  So you say come back another day? Then as I said most Thai have one day to shop go to movie ect. Even though I am retired ,don't have to work you're going to force me to retun multible times exposing myself on multible occasions to possible infection because I can't stay and get everything done in one shot. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I might want a tshirt and have a look around every shop before deciding, then a coffee and then look at some mobile phones, it might take 3 or 4 hours if I have the free time, and it's no one else's business how long I take!

Well unfortunately for you and your selfish attitude during this current situation it is the role of governments to try and prevent the spread of the virus.

If you think it’s tough here have a look at what’s happening in some other countries where governments are taking stronger measures.

In the UK for example some people cannot leave their homes for three months.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Well unfortunately for you and your selfish attitude during this current situation it is the role of governments to try and prevent the spread of the virus.

If you think it’s tough here have a look at what’s happening in some other countries where governments are taking stronger measures.

In the UK for example some people cannot leave their homes for three months.

I'm in the UK now and very few people got letters telling them not to go out. I've been out every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times for a walk or going to the shops. And guess what I take as long as I want, you know why, because I can!

Having a time limit in a mall does nothing to limit the spread of a virus, it's petty rules to control people.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Oldie said:

They simply open only one entrance and give you a piece of paper with the time when you entered. This you will have to show upon leaving. 

Two hours in Chiang Mai airport Plaza with Thai lady?? Must be joking. And what if you want to go to a movie after shopping? Or have lunch in the mall? Better to monitor social distancing with security staff and restrict the numbers in each shop/restaurant/cinema. At least that will create jobs at a cost well worth it for these high-turnover malls.