Malaria drug touted by Trump for coronavirus fails another test

webfact

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Well I'm convinced. That big pharma are truly evil and I wouldn't put it past them to be holding off on a cure purely because there wasn't enough profit in it for them......................only slight problem might be the fact it isn't up to them though is it; it's the FDA that approves drugs for commercial (https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/what-we-do) use but you know, I'm justing saying what I heard (and researched and fact checked and made sure was accurate).

I have also heard that they buy the patent on drugs that can cure some diseases but won't manufacture them because they market others at a much higher cost, just saying. 

They have also been busted for price fixing with other pharma companies, big court case been going on for years in the USA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Well I'm convinced. That big pharma are truly evil and I wouldn't put it past them to be holding off on a cure purely because there wasn't enough profit in it for them......................only slight problem might be the fact it isn't up to them though is it; it's the FDA that approves drugs for commercial (https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/what-we-do) use but you know, I'm justing saying what I heard (and researched and fact checked and made sure was accurate).

But who runs the FDA?  Large corporations have 2 sets of folks they send in to 'work in government' depending if their "blue team" or "red team" is "at bat" at the time.  It's why elections and so-called "peaceful transitions of power" in the USA are permitted - because the corporate-agenda is covered regardless of the result, and the "transition" consists of merely a shift from one rhetorical-spin to the other. 

Some corporate agenda-items are more easily accomplished by smothering them with "right" rhetoric, and others with "left" rhetoric, so this is more effective at "Manufacturing Consent" (credit to N. Chomsky) than is single-party rule.  And, yes, a nationalist-capitalist like me has actually read Chomsky, and even agrees with some of it (but not his proposed economic solutions). 

31 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That requires early treatment, which is not possible without frequent testing.

On top of that, also in many other early cases the virus is defeated easily.  Comparison testing between this treatment and no treatment is required.

It primarily requires administering the drug-combo (not just HCQ) before the patient is already severly-ill.  It is not necessary to start treatment before symptoms begin for it to be effective - as it was in France.

I would like to see full double-blind study on the drug-combo done Early Last Month, immediately after the initial French results.  But, somehow, none of the universities financed by Big-Pharma seem to get around to to doing that. 

But, they did manage to test HCQ alone, already shown to have marginal results w/o Z-Pac in other studies, and only on a biased sample-set (admitted in the article), while leaving out the other 1/2 of the formula.  They also managed to test "on-patent" Remesivir, which had very limited efficacy, but was Praised Loudly in the MSM as a "promising treatment."

41 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I would like to see full double-blind study on the drug-combo done Early Last Month, immediately after the initial French results.  But, somehow, none of the universities financed by Big-Pharma seem to get around to to doing that. 

The problem with a full double blind study is a moral and legal one, giving someone a placebo in the control group could result in a lawyer's feast.

• Confused 1

I really hate the dumb copy paste mentality of so called journalists about things they know little about

do some research and you find out manipulated studies with no information about how much & when the drug was taken

if you are put on a ventilator, you are marked for DEATH

nothing will make you better

chloroquine should be taken in the begin stadium when you start to feel sick, not when you are almost dead

but brainwashed BIG PHARMA owned "journalists", newspapers & tv stations blindly follow the manipulated "science" that scares the world, put them in a constant fear monegering and praise the NOT EXISTING VACCINE that will save them all

where is the vaccine against cancer ?

where is the vaccine against aids ?

where is the vaccine against HIV ?

where is the vaccine against dengue ?

where is the vaccine against malaria ?

where is the universal vaccine against flu, meaning one shot for all kinds of ...  there is none, there will never be

same for corona virus... it mutates, there is no working vaccine

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

nothing will make you better?

The good news is that anticoagulants do seem to work for people on ventilators. I believe that the figures were 63 percent survival for those given anticoagulants vs. 29% for those who didn't get them.

5 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

The FDA is a revolving door for corporate hacks and regulators. Google "FDA revolving door" for a plethora of articles from across the political spectrum. Here, I went ahead and did it for you.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=fda+revolving+door

Of course, it's the FDA that approves drugs. And without drugs submitted for approval, nothing gets approved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Again 'I have heard'. Are you gossiping or providing information without sources?

He's not far off:

"Increasingly, drug companies are not investing in R&D proportional to the profits they earn from the drugs they bring to market, despite their protests to the contrary. Instead, many have figured out that it’s simpler and safer from a financial perspective to either buy the rights to drugs developed by others and raise the prices many times over, as with Sovaldi, or to obtain a medication already in existence and, using monopolistic control, raise the price as much as 500% or more, as in the case of the EpiPen. As a consequence, the patent protection process now primarily serves the drug companies, most often not on behalf of the American people, but, rather, at their expense."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertpearl/2017/01/19/why-patent-protection-in-the-drug-industry-is-out-of-control/#3ff6ebf278ca

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I saw a video by Dr Berg saying that this drug works, added with zinc and Vitamin D, he did also mention that the head of the CDC was stopping Dr's from using it, with him saying that because it costs $.50c a tablet is the reason, not profitable for big pharma, just saying what I heard.

"I saw a video..."

Nothing that follows such an opening has any credibility, especially when the video isn't sourced.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Trump's big mistake was not travel-ban Europe at the same time he blocked China.  But this is not about Trump - it is about Big Money. 

Big Pharma's paid-partners (universities, etc) have carefully avoided duplicating the Successful French Studies, which used the Drug-Combination of HCQ + Z-Pac (not HCQ, alone) which Trump spoke of, in reference to those tests months ago.  The French had results in a week - then more a week later - now over 1000 tested, and consistently great results.  The results were quick, because this drug-combo wipes out the virus completely in just a few days.

The indications are that Big Pharma really, really does NOT want an "off patent" solution to get in the way of the Huuuge payday they hope to get from this virus.  And, it appears they don't care how many have to die for them to get it.

No link to the study, but I suspect it's the one that treated people early in the infection immediately after diagnosis.  Most people who are infected recover without medical aid, and often without knowing they were infected.

If this drug were such a miracle cure and validated Trump's words we can be confidant that it would already be widely used.  However not even France, which had a serious Covid 19 epidemic, is using it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

That requires early treatment, which is not possible without frequent testing.

On top of that, also in many other early cases the virus is defeated easily.  Comparison testing between this treatment and no treatment is required.

That was a major flaw with the study; it didn't include a control group for comparison.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The problem with a full double blind study is a moral and legal one, giving someone a placebo in the control group could result in a lawyer's feast.

Double blind studies of experimental drugs are routinely done with the patients permission.  I am not aware of any patients objecting or legal issues resulting.

15 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

BOOM! Follow the money. Why use a drug that's gone generic when billions can be made with a new, patented drug.

I take "Things that don't work this way" for 400, please!

Edited by Saint Nick
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

I really hate the dumb copy paste mentality of so called journalists about things they know little about

do some research and you find out manipulated studies with no information about how much & when the drug was taken

nothing will make you better

chloroquine should be taken in the begin stadium when you start to feel sick, not when you are almost dead

but brainwashed BIG PHARMA owned "journalists", newspapers & tv stations blindly follow the manipulated "science" that scares the world, put them in a constant fear monegering and praise the NOT EXISTING VACCINE that will save them all

where is the vaccine against cancer ?

where is the vaccine against aids ?

where is the vaccine against HIV ?

where is the vaccine against dengue ?

where is the vaccine against malaria ?

where is the universal vaccine against flu, meaning one shot for all kinds of ...  there is none, there will never be

same for corona virus... it mutates, there is no working vaccine

You forgot to mention Bill Gates and 5G!

I refuse to listen to anything, if these are not part of the equation!

• Haha 2