SURVEY: Thai Airways -- Save it or let it go?

Scott

SURVEY: Thai Airways -- Save it or let it go?  

346 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

Guess you don't get out much or read or watch any news.

Indeed correct, I haven't been out much

recently, and I certainly don't watch any

Western news, because you'd be decieved

by the narrative, there is zero genuine news,

only government propaganda.

Anti Russian, Chinese, Youtube Facebook

taking critical thinking down, free speech

is eliminated. Do you really trust your Gov?

48 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

over many decades Indeed correct, I haven't been out much

recently, and I certainly don't watch any

Western news, because you'd be decieved

by the narrative, there is zero genuine news,

only government propaganda.

Anti Russian, Chinese, Youtube Facebook

taking critical thinking down, free speech

is eliminated. Do you really trust your Gov?

Way off the topic. Western news, anti-Russian etc., news totally is not relevant, the survey is about Thai International airline.

Their very long-term worse and worse debt and massive loss and repeated very poor/bad management decisions over many decades are not the result of the airline stopping most of their operations currently because of the pandemic.  

Edited by scorecard

14 hours ago, scorecard said:

Guess you don't get out much or read or watch any news.

Whilst it has been known for years that Thai

Airways has been badly managed, the cost

of grounding airplanes for months will finish

the company off, a high percentage of firms

will follow.

Guessing at someones personal circumstances

in a derogatory way is not good etiquette,

or 'on' topic.

50 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Whilst it has been known for years that Thai

Airways has been badly managed, the cost

of grounding airplanes for months will finish

the company off, a high percentage of firms

will follow.

Guessing at someones personal circumstances

in a derogatory way is not good etiquette,

or 'on' topic.

Waiting for some on topic comment from you...

Give them the money and bring the airline up to a first class organization, then sell it off to Bangkok airways with no strings attached except keeping the name. I'm not sure how Singapore Air, Emirates and Qatar airlines are managed, but their not doing very well at Thai (and the market was there. not sure anymore).

I've had no greater problems flying Thai than with any other airline. And they do fill their planes so the financial problems must be elsewhere. The passengers don't all look like freeloaders although I've read many times that the airline exists to give unlimited free flights to bigwigs, their own management,  staff and their entire extended families to travel the world as often as they like. That's crazy. How can that make a profit?

Thai tends to be more expensive than others but sometimes the option of a direct longhaul flight, especially in  business class, so you can get a meal , watch a film and still get 8 hours uninterrupted sleep trumps the higher price. And I like their A380s. I fly Bangkok-Paris and as far as I know only Thai offer a year round daily direct service on this route. Direct knocks at least 3 hours off journey time and no risk of getting delayed half way through an indirect route, nor the tedium of repeating security checks, usually at some godforsaken hour,  when

changing planes. For the direct flights alone I hope it continues.

Thai Smile seems good and I probably rate it higher than AirAsia ( still perfectly acceptable and has more direct routes not needing a Bangkok transit ) for domestic and Asia regional flights and services. I like that a hold bag is included in the price as is a snack. It now seems to operate most services through Swampy which if you are transiting out of Thailand is excellent. And I hate Don Mueng anyway. But Smile  doesn't have to be a part of Thai International group so could be separated out. Believe me it is far better than European " low cost" carriers.

But who knows now how flying will pan out. Which airlines, which routes will survive. It used to be so simple. If social distancing becomes the norm there will be no cost justification for economy class configurations will there if only half the seats presently installed can be sold and used? So cost to passengers will increase but so also may comfort levels.

I used to fly THAI from the US to Bangkok.  We always purchased our own tickets but my Thai wife's father knew someone at THAI who would then bump us up to Business Class.  I never had an issue with the airline or the service but the ticket price was always more expensive than other airlines.  Now that THAI doesn't fly from my particular city anymore it is much more convenient to fly EVA, Korean, Asiana, or JAL.  I usually fly EVA as their prices are the best (usually) and the service is top notch.  They also have better departure and arrival times both on the departure and arrival ends of the flights.  The layovers in Taipei are also very short which is great.