THAI maps out return to the skies

webfact

THAI maps out return to the skies

By TTR WEEKLY

thai-600x406.jpg

BANGKOK, 11 May 2020: Confident it has a government fiscal bailout in the pipeline, beleaguered Thai Airways International released details of a July startup of flights on routes worldwide.

According to timetable information posted on booking systems and reported by Airlineroute, Thailand’s national airline has filed details of flights resuming 1 July.

Earlier reports had suggested the airline would stay offline until late October when the winter timetable kicks-in.

Frequencies vary from just a few services per week to daily flights to London Heathrow, Copenhagen and Frankfurt.

The decision to resume daily services to  London Heathrow 1 July could come under review as the UK has introduced a 14-day quarantine for all passengers arriving in the country.

Full story: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/05/thai-maps-out-return-to-the-skies/

ObLDL11.png

-- © Copyright TTR Weekly 2020-05-12

Scheduling all these flights to Australia, is it just optimism. Whilst I can see there might be a few people wanting to go from here (Thailand) to there, at the moment there is a ban on international travel out of Australia (except for a very few exemptions, whatever that means, I just spent 10 minutes on Smart Traveller and could not find that bit). So anyway, I had a booking for 16 April which I changed to 8 October early on in the piece, would prefer to go earlier but also want to be able to get back, early New Year. They couldn't run all those flights 3/4 empty surely or are they going to scale it back once they realise.