Department explains reasons for removing some countries from high-risk list

rooster59

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Thai logic:

Step 1- make a totally arbitrary criteria based on nothing but sounds good on paper.

Step 2- fail to follow own criteria and allow rich countries in*.

Step 3- don't allow poor countries in, despite meeting the criteria.

* - They're not allowing anyone in right now, but if it isn't obvious - this is the first step towards easing flight restrictions. No risk no ploblem!

Don't get me wrong - I hope Thailand opens flights as I'm stuck out of it currently, but just own up to it and say you need the tourists instead of coming out with b/s "criteria". Thailand has not had and will not have the massive spread experienced in colder climates.

It's all irrevelant if countries stick to 14 day quarantine when you return home. I read the report on Hong Kong, app on phone and tracking wristband. Countries that are enforcing these restrictions now are not going to relax them for months, so these tourists will not be coming. Countries that rely on tourism may need to cast their net back to the western tourists instead Chinese ones.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 2

This is just a plan in response to a plan Vietnam is developing to create a Travel Bubble with South Korea and China to be quickly followed by Taiwan, Aus, NZ, and Singapore. Thailand was excluded from Vietnam's proposal, go figure. It's on skift.com, if you want to read it (i'm not sure about the rules on linking).

1 hour ago, Knocker33 said:

Why not Taiwan then ? I suppose that's a stupid question though. And New Zealand. 

Taiwan was never on the list. Neither NZ

I don't understand what has 'connecting border' got to do with 'high risk'.

Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam all have low cases so they should be considered low risk. Some are even lower than Thailand.

59 minutes ago, phkauf said:

This is just a plan in response to a plan Vietnam is developing to create a Travel Bubble with South Korea and China to be quickly followed by Taiwan, Aus, NZ, and Singapore. Thailand was excluded from Vietnam's proposal, go figure. It's on skift.com, if you want to read it (i'm not sure about the rules on linking).

What is the definition of travel bubble?

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Walairat added that China has reported less than 12 new patients per day since April 23, except on April 29 when there were 21 new cases from overseas and one local case.

I agree with this. China has been transparent from the beginning. They told the world at the earliest possible moment there was some sort of new SARS like virus. They told the world at the earliest possible moment that this was a person to person transmission virus. They alerted the WHO to tell the world that international travel should stop immediately. They have never covered up anything and are open to investigation and have been from the beginning. They have never destroyed evidence. All figures about infections and deaths are correct. 

Brilliant. In the face of ever increasing evidence that the CCP has lied about everything these fools believe them. Not surprising, they probably believe their own figures. Thailand you let them in to start with to get it all going why not again. Absolutelty no second wave stuff happening in China. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MORONS! Something tells me Prayut's mate Xi Jinping's been on the phone.

Edited by dinsdale

37 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I don't understand what has 'connecting border' got to do with 'high risk'.

Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam all have low cases so they should be considered low risk. Some are even lower than Thailand.

I guess it's because they know low testing = low cases.

Govts will do as they please. We have no say whatsoever. Our safety is not the focus here it’s political expediency plus economics plus holding the reigns of power, and keeping them tightly held.

were all gunna die sometime why not in the next outbreak or whatever ya wanna call it of Covid 19?

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's all irrevelant if countries stick to 14 day quarantine when you return home. I read the report on Hong Kong, app on phone and tracking wristband. Countries that are enforcing these restrictions now are not going to relax them for months, so these tourists will not be coming. Countries that rely on tourism may need to cast their net back to the western tourists instead Chinese ones.

The trend will be to travel bubbles where no 14 quarantine is required on either end. This is the first step of the asian version of the travel bubble. Thailand can get access to a third of their tourists with these countries alone so this is not unexpected. 

Edited by brucec64

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

What is the definition of travel bubble?

From what I understand, it allows people from the included countries to travel within the bubble and not be subject to quarantines. Australia and NZ are working on it as well. 

I think initially it's intended for business folks to revive trade, but tourism is definitely a factor in the article. Vietnam is looking to replace Thailand as a favored destination. Although the Vietnamese people absolutely hate the Chinese, so that will be interesting.