Government set to revive tourism

rooster59

16 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Welcome back to The Land of Scams where nothing has changed for the better whilst you have been away !

You have just coined the new TAT catch Phrase...."The Land of Scams where nothing has changed for the better whilst you have been away"

.Image result for Jet Ski Scam GifNang TukImage result for Tuk Tuk Scam Gif

Edited by ThailandRyan

I have to applaud Thailand for being proactive in dealing with Covid19, but I also feel the worst is yet to come.

The main reason the outbreak has been minimal here and in Vietnam and Cambodia is simply because of the heat and vitamin D factors and also because there's not so much handshaking and face kissing like in the west.

Im glad things are moving well in the right direction, but I feel a little cagey about the rainy season. 

It only takes 1  asymptomatic case of covid19 for the whole thing to kick off again. 

I'd be willing to put money on that happening....

4 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

This has to be false news, for the generation of the grass roots economy the country needs to stop sucking up to the Chinese and get the Europeans back as they are the ones who spend in the local shops, bars and restaurants, the Chinese only go to Chinese run or affiliated to the Chinese economy. 

Don’t forget about Americans.  Yes, tourists do come from USA.  But would need a much lower Baht...

1 hour ago, eeworldwide said:

It only takes 1  asymptomatic case of covid19 for the whole thing to kick off again. 

While I can understand people being scared! have you seen the numbers? what is there to be scared off, three times more people die every year from lightening strikes in Thailand!

Avoid the fear mongering media seems to be the best bet, though they do have an "agenda" to run with!

If the media hadn't "driven" this so hard (under instructions from?), no one would have been any the wiser!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

1980's and 1990's always bump into Brittish and Kraut in every place. They was loud and own every place.

Now is same whit Chinese and Russians.

True. They've since (mostly) learned how to behave. I doubt the ones coming from commie countries can change their lifelong "education" or habits. Russians have a bit more potential if they're from big cities or clos to westside borders.

4 hours ago, ParkerN said:

The scams have to stop. Now. All of them. //

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Welcome back to The Land of Scams //

What are you both talking about ??

Living in Pattaya for more than 10 years,

I can't remember anytime where I got in a situation I would call a scam ??

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Will nations be rated, depending on the number of cases, the number of deaths, how recent the curve flattened, etc? If so, it will be quite difficult to get in from the US (the most radioactive people in the world in terms of tourism in the near future) Spain, Russia, UK, Brazil, Italy, France, Germany, Turkey, Iran, India, Canada, and quite possibly China. The world leaders. In Covid. 

That is the core base of tourists 555

• Like 1

Mass tourism is possible with a lower baht, no covid-19 free certificates and insurance. Countries that had a large amount of tourists visiting will need to up their game to attract people back, it's going to cut throat with the economic slide. A lot of people will stay closer to home due to the situation, some people will be scared to fly, long haul may revert back to the intrepid travellers, hopefully the families with young children won't be flying long haul again.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Will nations be rated, depending on the number of cases, the number of deaths, how recent the curve flattened, etc? If so, it will be quite difficult to get in from the US (the most radioactive people in the world in terms of tourism in the near future) Spain, Russia, UK, Brazil, Italy, France, Germany, Turkey, Iran, India, Canada, and quite possibly China. The world leaders. In Covid. 

This list is arbitrarily. How can you compare Russia with Germany at the moment? Totally different developments. Germany was late with measures, but much earlier than Russia.

Germany just is not so stupid to kill the whole economy, so they opened up after they saw that the infection rate is under control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Lucky you. Lots would not agree with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

They prefer to prey on they vulnerable...….3 week tourists!

Edited by PatOngo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

They prefer to prey on they vulnerable...….3 week tourists!

Or those who appear to have a pot to <what's the word? Ah yes> in. Scamming 101: Never try to scam a scruff.

Edited by ParkerN

A lot of this is wishful thinking.

Even when international air travel starts up again, the question is still how many people will travel.

Domestic air travel is probably a leading indicator of that. Currently in the US, TSA is screening somewhere in the 200K/Day range versus in normal times 2-3M/Day, and I think the same kind of numbers apply in Europe. 

Of course some of those numbers are international travel, but ~80% is domestic travel, again similar numbers apply for intra Europe.

Until you see those numbers improve dramatically for domestic travel the idea that international passenger numbers will rebound is wishful thinking.

So the domestic air passenger numbers are, I think, the leading indicator. Unless of course the Thai fortune tellers have a special insight to the future!

1 hour ago, CGW said:

While I can understand people being scared! have you seen the numbers? what is there to be scared off, three times more people die every year from lightening strikes in Thailand!

Avoid the fear mongering media seems to be the best bet, though they do have an "agenda" to run with!

If the media hadn't "driven" this so hard (under instructions from?), no one would have been any the wiser!

Ah...yeah...all those contagious lightning strikes...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

A lot of this is wishful thinking.

Even when international air travel starts up again, the question is still how many people will travel.

Domestic air travel is probably a leading indicator of that. Currently in the US, TSA is screening somewhere in the 200K/Day range versus in normal times 2-3M/Day, and I think the same kind of numbers apply in Europe. 

Of course some of those numbers are international travel, but ~80% is domestic travel, again similar numbers apply for intra Europe.

Until you see those numbers improve dramatically for domestic travel the idea that international passenger numbers will rebound is wishful thinking.

So the domestic air passenger numbers are, I think, the leading indicator. Unless of course the Thai fortune tellers have a special insight to the future!

Very wishful thinking indeed. Looking likely that travel within Europe next month or July, long haul has to be uncertain for a while.

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

there will not be any "self-isolation" or quarantine.  Testing can be done like Iceland is doing. 

"From June 15, however, tourists and Icelandic residents will be allowed to enter the country from outside the Schengen area, and all travellers given the option to get tested upon entering instead of undergoing quarantine. Authorities expect test results to be available the same day, and those who test negative for SARS-CoV-2 will not be required to quarantine themselves.

If travellers have a reliable certificate confirming they have recently tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 they will also be exempt from undergoing quarantine."  https://www.icelandreview.com/travel/iceland-to-open-borders-on-june-15/

The world Covid 19 numbers are going down steadily and testing is ramping up steadily

You think thailand are gong to do that?

They didn’t test anyone to start with hence the ridiculous number of cases they were reporting. 

What about when you return to your country. The UK are requiring 14 day’s isolation and will be for the foreseeable future 

Edited by Kadilo

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You think thailand are gong to do that?

They didn’t test anyone to start with hence the ridiculous number of cases they were reporting. 

What about when you return to your country. The UK are requiring 14 day’s isolation and will be for the foreseeable future 

It's gone a bit quiet on the UK's quarantine due for 1st June, it will probably be dropped or amended as it was just a sound bite.

37 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Ridiculous measures all over the world.

In January: You can't close the borders to China.

Now: You must close the border to all countries even with much much lower infection rates than in your own country.

So much insanity in all countries.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Quote:-

"Tourism Authority of Thailand stand ready to revive the tourism sector"

Well not until after the end of June as all International flights are banned!

"Tourism Authority of Thailand stand ready to revive the tourism sector"

image.jpeg.88076ae773239d9dfdfab9279f0380d4.jpeg

When I see the headline, I think this.

• Haha 2