Video: So now it's illegal to have dinner at home after curfew!? Clip astounds Thais

webfact

Video: So now it's illegal to have dinner at home after curfew!? Clip astounds Thais

563000005322902.jpg

Picture: Manager

A video clip from CCTV doing the rounds of Facebook showed a police officer threaten to arrest two motorcycle mechanics

Their "crime" - eating at home during the curfew.

The clip showed the policeman from a Rom Klao station patrol in Bangkok lift the grille at a repair shop where two men were eating a late dinner at 11 pm.

It had netizens commenting that the police were overstepping their authority and starting to arrest people for eating in their own homes after curfew.

The cop claimed he was only warning the men about the noise and wanted the grille put down.

But the poster claimed the language was clear, he was threatening them with breaking the strict curfew rules that could see them jailed for two years.

No arrest was made but the incident has sparked much debate especially about police and their powers under the emergency decree.

One of the mechanics felt that the officer should not have lifted the door, but rather called him to make his point.

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-19

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, johng said:

In the interview/video  one of the accused says that after a superior officer was called...everything turned out to just be another "misunderstanding"    but that the accusing officer (allegedly) said

"I'm police, I can find a reason to arrest you whenever I want"

I already commented on another thread in regards to the police big boss wanting to "clean up Thailand". 

Well here one of his own he can sweep out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, johng said:

In the interview/video  one of the accused says that after a superior officer was called...everything turned out to just be another "misunderstanding"    but that the accusing officer (allegedly) said

"I'm police, I can find a reason to arrest you whenever I want"

Of course he can, That's the Power they use if they don't Like you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Is it just food you can't eat after 11pm or would drinking a mug of Horlicks constitute an affray too, and would eating wildfowl after 11pm be considered a breach of the geese?

The goose we could overlook.... Horlicks you deserve a slap !

• Haha 1

No money from motorcycle and car drivers after the curfew, so the policemen need another source. Too bad for him that there is a CCTV. But I am sure nothing will happen to him. 

• Like 1

Thainess at its best. Once Khon Thai understands, that (s)he is shafted, ransacked and blackmailed by all those corrupt officials literally EVERYWHERE in this beautiful country, only then things might start to change. 

The highway robbery fishing out cars at random on highways is in full swing and the boys in brown, not being able to line their pockets from revenues of ill-gotten wealth or places of ill repute, are resorting to other income. 

Only once you can look up a police officer of a person of confidence representing the law and order rulings of Thailand - only then there is hope. Most of us will not see this happening, as the bottle neck is on top of the bottle and they dont care as they are all ........ above law and order ???? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Is it just food you can't eat after 11pm or would drinking a mug of Horlicks constitute an affray too, and would eating wildfowl after 11pm be considered a breach of the geese?

Drinking Horlicks should be illegal at any time. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vogie said:

Mug of Horlicks only allowed if reading T S Eliot.