Education minister told to fix online learning problems

webfact

Education minister told to fix online learning problems

By The Nation

800_5d4273b426d2e1c.jpg?v=1589867425

Prayut Chan-o-cha

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has urged Education Minister Nataphol Teepsuwan to solve problems with online learning, government spokesperson Narumon Pinyosinwat told FM100.5 MCOT News Network on Tuesday (May 19).

She said that after the Cabinet approved delaying the start of the new semester for a month due to the Covid-19 outbreak, Prayut and Nataphol agreed to organise online learning so that students are prepared when schools open on July 1.

“Everything will return to normal after the opening of the new semester on July 1,” she said. “The PM has asked the education minister to resolve online learning issues, such as difficulties accessing the system, unaffordability of devices, the burden on parents, and student concentration.”

She added that after the new semester opens, the Education Ministry will focus on reducing study time in classrooms and relieving the burden on parents of sending children to school, which will also help to reduce traffic congestion.

“Online learning is only a [temporary] solution to the country’s education system during the Covid-19 situation,” she added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388114

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-19

19 hours ago, webfact said:

“The PM has asked the education minister to resolve online learning issues, such as difficulties accessing the system, unaffordability of devices, the burden on parents, and student concentration.”

And how is he going to do that exactly?

Ohhh and he forgot to add, find a teacher that can pronounce English.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The PM has asked the education minister to resolve online learning issues, such as difficulties accessing the system, unaffordability of devices, the burden on parents, and student concentration.”

The PM HAS ASKED,:cheesy: Bit different, normally he orders them to fix the problem in 7 days.

Whats up, he losing his grip on things, or finally learned he is not in the army anymore.

A  note  later  leaked out stating

I  must  not <deleted>  up the tv learning

I  must  not <deleted>  up the tv  learning

What most folks don't know is that the Education Ministry has the biggest budget out of all ministries in Thailand. More than double the 2nd largest money allocated for the Defense Ministry. Simply mind blowing...and look at the sad state of the schools, teachers, and quality. 

In fact, what Thailand spends on education is more than what many developed western nation spends!

Edited by mike324
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, mike324 said:

What most folks don't know is that the Education Ministry has the biggest budget out of all ministries in Thailand. More than double the 2nd largest money allocated for the Defense Ministry. Simply mind blowing...and look at the sad state of the schools, teachers, and quality. 

In fact, what Thailand spends on education is more than what many developed western nation spends!

Is that true? If so, that is absolutely incredible.

However, I am pretty sure we can guess where all that money goes. The establishment doesn't want an educated and inquisitive population. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Is that true? If so, that is absolutely incredible.

However, I am pretty sure we can guess where all that money goes. The establishment doesn't want an educated and inquisitive population. 

I misread, the Defense Ministry does not have the 2nd highest money allocated, I was reading an article for the 2019 budget which I skipped the Interior Ministry (2nd highest allocated), and Finance Ministry (3rd highest on the list).

For 2020 its as follows:

• The Education Ministry at 368 billion baht
  • The Interior Ministry at 353 billion
  • The Finance Ministry at 249 billion
  • The Defence Ministry at 233 billion
  • The Transport Ministry at 178 billion.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/ministries-will-give-up-10-of-their-2020-budget-to-fight-covid-19-in-thailand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

And how is he going to do that exactly?

Ohhh and he forgot to add, find a teacher that can pronounce English.

The vast majority of lessons in Thailand are carried out in the Thai language. Perhaps you are not aware of that. In France they teach in French, in Germany they teach in German, in Spain they teach in Spanish. And in Thailand they teach in Thai. Why should they need a teacher who can pronounce in English?

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

The education minister will be scratching his head and completely unaware of any online problems.....the online system is the same as class room systems.

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to change your post.

The education minister will is be scratching his head and [is] completely unaware. ????

1 hour ago, mike324 said:

I know that. I also know it's not quite as big once all the pockets have been filled.

download (7).jpg

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The vast majority of lessons in Thailand are carried out in the Thai language. Perhaps you are not aware of that. In France they teach in French, in Germany they teach in German, in Spain they teach in Spanish. And in Thailand they teach in Thai. Why should they need a teacher who can pronounce in English?

Because they're learning English, and in most countries they teach alternative languages with proficient speakers, maybe you are not aware of that? 

If you listened to the video of the Thai teacher her pronunciation is appalling.. students listen and copy what they hear... which means they will sound appalling too !

School pronounced SKOON is a good example!

• Like 1

I sat in on my daughter's (M3) DITV lessons yesterday. I made her sit at a desk in the main room of the house to study; I wouldn't  let her stay in her room "studying on her phone" ( another example of daddies utterly unreasonable approach to such matters).

They were pathetic, a complete waste of time and bandwidth!

Edited by herfiehandbag