How Much Do You Pay For Electricity Per Month?

How much do you pay for electricity per month?  

974 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official prices:

1.2 Normal Tariff with consumption exceeding 150kWh :

First 150 kWh (1st – 150th) Baht 1.8047 per kWh

Next 250 kWh (151st – 400th) Baht 2.7781 per kWh

Over 400 kWh (up from 401st ) Baht 2.9780 per kWh

Service charge : Baht 40.90 per month

I have the TOU deal and pay 4.3 Baht/unit during the daytime and 1.22 Baht/unit during the night time...

And you have to add the ft charge as well, think it's around 0.5 baht/unit at the moment...

Edited by monty

• 10 months later...

I'm in the "4500+" category. I have a 2-story house of approx 300 sq meters, with 3 bdrms. I also have a 1-bdrm guesthouse on the property that is occupied full time. We have several fans going most of the day; and 2 A/C all night. We also have 3 refrigerators, and 2 washing machines and dryers between the 2 houses.

Old topic, but getting new votes... :o

Does anyone have the latest tariff rates?

Here you go: http://www.pea.co.th/eweb/r_rates.htm

Thanks tywais

:D

I just got my bill for last month... 4,950 baht.

:D

3 bedroom house, air-con only on at night in 1 room, pool, plus all the usual electric appliances including HWS (6kw), fridge, oven and hotplates.

[. I was told by my sparky friend that if you load your freezers with bread, ice or polystirene foam that it will "half" your elec for the fridge.

fridges work opposite to freezers- a fully loaded freezer will cosume less units, and a fully loaded fridge will use more. Being concious of wasting electric, i installed a switched spur ( off the ring ) next to my bed, feeding a socket that supplies the tv,So last thing at night i can switch off the tv without getting up, and sleep knowing that i'm not wasting electric for hours on end...... :o

my utilities in a small apartment in BKK were running me in excess of 4k a month ... the larger condo ... 3k a month .... now in a big hose in Phuket my first elec bill was 1k! at this rate I should get a mansion! they'd be paying me!

My bills for my new place just seem too high. 3500 last month and about 3000 this month.

This is direct electricity, there is no middleman serviced apartment collecting a profit.

I run 1 air whenever I'm around. Probably 15-20 hours a day. My gf watches tv with a fan in another room, I have the radio on, and I'm on the computer almost all the time.

I had a place at Surasak with the inflated utility prices where I had a similar electricity use pattern and the price was in the 2000 range per month.

About how much do you pay per month for electricity? And what sort of use do you have?

its the air con - mine in some bad months if were home all month is 5000-6000 and thats for a small 70 sq metre condo also old aircon units use a lot more - if im away the wife does not use air con in day and it goes down to around 2000-2500 its the air con but ive now got used to it i used to not use it much and bills where 2000 or so but i now find i like it to much

Air conditioning units can, as mentioned, use a lot of electricity. Some models are better than others. Maybe some older, or new, not as efficient, models really drink the juice and making the switch would help in the long term.

I know here in the states the electric company used to (perhaps still does) conduct energy audits and list the problem items.

Not a electrician (obviously huh!) but I believe there is a inexpensive meter to check consumption.

I have purchased land,the developer charges us 7 BHT per unit,even though we paid for electrical system to be connected.All the usage goes through the main board ,then he reads individual meters & charges you.Any way around that.I was told to connect my house direct to electricity supply 300,000.00 BHT for the necessary equipment.

I have purchased land,the developer charges us 7 BHT per unit,...

That's very cheap... our developer charged us 22 baht per kilowatt hour (3 phase supply) until our government connection was made.

Yes the condo owner or building owner often mark up the rate sometimes doubling and tripling the about 4 Baht/kwh we pay.

I pay directly to elec company and my all time record has been 3700 Baht (2 bedroom apt. 1 aircon on every night and part day). Before the several increases my cost was about 2000 baht/mth. I have become more concious about how I use electricity. The aircons are 2-3 years old only, but I get them cleaned every 3-6 months.

I also got a tip here that I should try to shield the outside compressors from direct sunlight and trying to figure that out now.

Cheers!

The aircons are 2-3 years old only, but I get them cleaned every 3-6 months.

My main A/C has a built in timer to indicate when it needs cleaning.

The light comes on every 2-3 months!!

I then clean the filters.

Once a year I clean the external unit. It is amazing how much dirt accumulates

I also got a tip here that I should try to shield the outside compressors from direct sunlight and trying to figure that out now.

This is a fact that is not well understood in Thailand.

The external compressor radiator has to get rid of the heat and that is much more difficult if the unit

is already in hot, direct sunlight environment.

Ask for the unit to be placed in a shaded area, or have a small roof built over it.

The aircons are 2-3 years old only, but I get them cleaned every 3-6 months.

My main A/C has a built in timer to indicate when it needs cleaning.

The light comes on every 2-3 months!!

I then clean the filters.

Once a year I clean the external unit. It is amazing how much dirt accumulates

This is a fact that is not well understood in Thailand.

The external compressor radiator has to get rid of the heat and that is much more difficult if the unit

is already in hot, direct sunlight environment.

Ask for the unit to be placed in a shaded area, or have a small roof built over it.

You should also clean the inside unit at least once a year. A lot of dirt gets through those filters and into the cooling transfer fins and needs to be washed/blown out.

Can anyone tell me - very approximately - off the top of their heads - about how much electricity would cost for a modern a/c to run in a medium sized bedroom for about 12 hours a day. No mark ups.

I need to know how much to ask for in contribution from friends who come for long term stays, for their a/c useage.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me - very approximately - off the top of their heads - about how much electricity would cost for a modern a/c to run in a medium sized bedroom for about 12 hours a day. No mark ups.

I need to know how much to ask for in contribution from friends who come for long term stays, for their a/c useage.

Thanks

Based on my unit (one bedroom ~10 hour/day) I would estimate around 1200-1500 Baht

I agree - b 1200-1500 if 10 hours a day. But remember that new visitors often leave it on much more; 24 hours for some of my heat sensitive guests so suddenly talking b 3-4k/mth. Cheers!

Thanks

Based on my unit (one bedroom ~10 hour/day) I would estimate around 1200-1500 Baht

A little off topic, but what about any other utilities? water, trash, security ect?

What kind of fees are people paying?

Water- 120B per month..... that seldom varies

Trash - they buy it from me.

Security - I've got eight dogs, so that can be a little expensive..... but worthwhile :o

I think my landlord must be paying my water for me <well actually I don't think we get much of a bill at all as I am 90% sure we pull from the well and not city water most of the time!

so add 30 baht a month for the pump to refill the tanks ...and ...

Edited by jdinasia