The lockdown should be over now !

18 hours ago, chessman said:

Would be very good news if correct.

100,000+ deaths at 0.26% would mean around 40,000,000 people in the US have or have had it. 1 out of every 8 people. That’s a lot.

but antibody testing has suggested a significantly lower number than this, the recent MLB testing in various cities where less than 1% were positive for example.

they also don’t say which data they are using to make this estimation and the only recent citation used is an Iranian article that is 2 months old and used Chinese figures. 

It's all a guesstimate without any factual evidence

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Let's revisit that comment when a full 12 month cycle has been achieved.

Probably still going t6o be about the same percentage regarding the death rate. That due to  a regular stream of infections.

• Sad 1

Just now, transam said:

So you have been trolling.....????

not at all.

I stand by my opinion they are not effective however without one I am not able to buy groceries or attend the morning managers meeting at work.

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

not at all.

I stand by my opinion they are not effective however without one I am not able to buy groceries or attend the morning managers meeting at work.

Hmmm, Tesco employs farangs.....????

5 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

sorry but most people that died were in retirement homes or hospices (places to die) or hospitals, NOT THE PEOPLE THAT VISIT RESTAURANTS, HOTELS, AIRPORTS, BTS, ....

old sick people with chronic diseases on the doorstep of DEATH

0.2 percent for THE REST OF THE WORLD POPULATION

That is nonsense..........Folk from babies, children, teens, 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's with no underlying problems have been taken out....????

7 minutes ago, transam said:

That is nonsense..........Folk from babies, children, teens, 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's with no underlying problems have been taken out....????

Must admit I choked up a bit reading about the 3 day old baby dieing in Wales and the first time the father saw his son was the same day he died.

However the primary cause of death was not Coronavirus/covid-19, that was listed as secondary.

On 5/30/2020 at 8:57 AM, Langsuan Man said:

I haven't gotten Covid 19

Thank you Thailand for keeping me safer than my own country would

And it sure as hell didn't happen as an accident but through the government and Thais being mature enough to accept some minor pain versus DYING 

Don't fret. Unless you are ancient and in poor health, your chances of dying even if you become infected (which is itself highly unlikely) are miniscule.

One suspects the reasons Thailand's COVID mortality figures are so low is that the country has relatively few residential or nursing homes where the elderly are found in large numbers.

Well over half of all COVID fatalities in some European nations have been among institutionalised old folk, usually with serious underlying problems, scandalously left unprotected from a virus which primarily targets the elderly.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 5:47 AM, Logosone said:

This is actually key evidence. Many had argued that school closures made a difference. Since Denmark, Norway, and Sweden have open schools but no Covid19 hotspots in schools whatsoever it would appear that school closures are not the super-lockdown measure they were touted to be. 

Wholly unnecessary in light of the experience in Denmark, Norway, Iceland and Sweden.

This is only key evidence for people who make the wrong conclusions.

That opening the schools now doesn't lead to an increase in coronavirus infections does not mean that closing them in the past wasn't necessary. It also doesn't say anything about the number of infections caused by opening the schools. The numbers country wide are maybe the same. But how would they have been if schools were still closed ?

23 minutes ago, fruitman said:

And especially for the WHO and CCP who caused all this...China should pay the whole bill since they didn't report the virus in time and tried to keep it under the hat.

Yep, we we all know that ain't going to happen.

Trump is however turning up the pressure, but the CCP will just stick their heads back in the sand or do something to p-i-s-s- the USA off, like the Hong Kong matter, maybe Taiwan tomorrow, then the sea near south Korea.

Business as usual, Trump will be out in November and the CCP will be wheeling and dealing with the new boys on the block, Covid-19 will be a thing of the past when billions or even trillions of dollars are involved, I mean, people die right, and money rules, well that's the norm in life they say, $'s over lives, the new wars without going to war.

• Haha 1

In Thailand now we are not under "lockdown" & never fully were

My 7/11 was always available for necessities & the masked walk was good exercise.

Agree we should open up the country internally only  on June 1 (suck it & see.)

My concern is when the unrestricted travel internationally starts & contaminated tourists flock back.

To say the Government is trying to manipulate us is just plain silly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Traubert said:

What exactly can't you do except go back and forth internationally?

i'm doing okay with the lockdown stuff but before the lockdown i did the following, i live in bangkok:

fly monthly to buriram from bangkok (can't do this now, 14 day quarantine required in buriram).

eat breakfast at the kiwi on sukhumvit soi 8 several times a week (not open)

eat dinner at the clubhouse or the craft beer place, both on sukhumvit soi 23 (not open).

go to nana or cowboy (not open)

i can and have found replacements (other than going to buriram) but most places i used to go, i can't now.  i can walk through the park by emporium and visit the malls.  that was helpful.  again, i'm not complaining.  just saying there are things i used to do and places i used to go that are now off limits due to the lockdown rules.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:47 AM, Logosone said:

This is actually key evidence. Many had argued that school closures made a difference. Since Denmark, Norway, and Sweden have open schools but no Covid19 hotspots in schools whatsoever it would appear that school closures are not the super-lockdown measure they were touted to be. 

Wholly unnecessary in light of the experience in Denmark, Norway, Iceland and Sweden.

This unwarranted extrapolation ignores the differential vulnerability of children to Covid.

It also may be the case that the cohesive, and law-abiding, Danish society has the means and motivation to monitor exposure by teachers and school staff, and maintain rigorously hygienic environments in the schools.

Also, keep in mind that new evidence suggests Covid is mutating at a higher rate than initially assumed.

~o:37;

On 5/30/2020 at 8:57 AM, Langsuan Man said:

I haven't gotten Covid 19

Thank you Thailand for keeping me safer than my own country would

How do you know that?
As you might have heard the big majority of infections is asymptotic, so how do you know?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

In Thailand now we are not under "lockdown" & never fully were

My 7/11 was always available for necessities & the masked walk was good exercise.

Agree we should open up the country internally only  on June 1 (suck it & see.)

My concern is when the unrestricted travel internationally starts & contaminated tourists flock back.

To say the Government is trying to manipulate us is just plain silly.

the Thai government has been a beacon of light in the dark times of corona,a lot of its guests should gratefully they,'ve been there as opposed to the plague ridden west,who just seem more worried about their economies than human lives.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/30/2020 at 1:57 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

New estimate by CDC reduces COVID-19 death rate to just 0.26% (IFR) from WHO’s 3.4% (CFR)

Trump complains about the performance of the WHO but the CDC have performed even worse. No one outside of the US takes a blind bit of notice of them.

As for the thread title, have patience. Everything will be back to normal on July 1st. Unlike the US and UK.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

As for the thread title, have patience. Everything will be back to normal on July 1st. Unlike the US and UK.

July 1st...I seriously doubt that...

Everything will be OPEN, but certainly not in the usual NORMAL way...

• Like 2

Just now, Brunolem said:

July 1st...I seriously doubt that...

Everything will be OPEN, but certainly not in the usual NORMAL way...

Closed bars on the Darkside, the only ones I frequent will be back to normal. New normal? Same as the old normal. There's no way those ladies could keep their hands off me.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Quite possible they do in upper management positions.

Your becoming just like my dog when it was a puppy, running around nipping at my ankles.

What  you need  is  one of these, youll  have to adapt it slightly 

On 5/30/2020 at 8:04 AM, JohnBZ said:

I agree.  Government is being too cautious to open up in Thailand.  The country banned foreign entry till the end of June.  Inside Thailand , corona virus infection is almost down to zero.

The negative effects from restrictions are outweighing benefits by a big margin.

Open up fully, sooner the better

you sound like you know...   just reapeting of course...  nobody knowthetruth and if they did......