Protests worldwide embrace Black Lives Matter movement

rooster59

Just now, tribalfusion001 said:

That would be correct, same as in the USA.

No, African slaves were actually sent to the USA to work during the 17/1800's and no slaves were sent to the UK to work , slaves settled in the USA and slaves didnt settle in the UK

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, African slaves were actually sent to the USA to work during the 17/1800's and no slaves were sent to the UK to work , slaves settled in the USA and slaves didnt settle in the UK

The British slave descendants stayed in the West Indies until the UK government invited people to work in the UK during the 1950's and 1960's.

I'm sure in another 100+ years most of these things like racism won't exist in the UK/USA lol.

Edited by tribalfusion001

Im not sure why the slave argument.

Facts are that blacks are now treated by law enforcement and whites with issues, as guilty until proven innocent.

US is only a young country. Its like a petulant child but unfortunately has enormous power that, by its age, has no idea how to use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

So as far you're concerned systemic racism doesn't exist. OK. There is nothing further to say then. 

what about racism in S Africa against white men? no one says anything about that ,oh i forgot only white people are racist .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

what about racism in S Africa against white men? no one says anything about that ,oh i forgot only white people are racist .

No. you forgot it has been the other way around in SA for as long as I can remember

50 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Oh bless, the go to desperado deflector when the topic of racism comes up: ‘but but...those poor white South Africans’! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It seems Police brutality is more wide spread and frequent than publicised.

"Black man who died in Tacoma police custody can be heard screaming 'I can't breathe' on dispatcher audio"

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/04/us/tacoma-washington-man-dies-police-custody/index.html

Many 'good' people say they are not racists... but, when it comes to a crunch, don't they see the difference in colour? As a minute example, reading through TVF anyone (who is able to accept the truth) should be able to realise that.

Racism has existed for 100's or 1000's of years, and it will be so until Thy Kingdom come, for sure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, ravip said:

It seems Police brutality is more wide spread and frequent than publicised.

"Black man who died in Tacoma police custody can be heard screaming 'I can't breathe' on dispatcher audio"

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/04/us/tacoma-washington-man-dies-police-custody/index.html

Many 'good' people say they are not racists... but, when it comes to a crunch, don't they see the difference in colour? As a minute example, reading through TVF anyone (who is able to accept the truth) should be able to realise that.

Racism has existed for 100's or 1000's of years, and it will be so until Thy Kingdom come, for sure.

Well I think this white bloke firing a flare gun at a horse is nothing like me, a white bloke...

flare3.jpg.7bfe4e6f50d19ff20e9f3bf84e21861e.jpg

Edited by transam
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I think this white bloke firing a flare gun at a horse is nothing like me, a white bloke...

flare3.jpg.7bfe4e6f50d19ff20e9f3bf84e21861e.jpg

Exactly. You hit the nail right on the head!

This is why I said "Racism has existed for 100's or 1000's of years, and it will be so until Thy Kingdom come, for sure". No person want to admit it. Each will throw back something at the other and carry on.

Racism exists and will prevail without ANY doubt, as long as people can see different colours!

11 hours ago, samran said:

Oh bless, the go to desperado deflector when the topic of racism comes up: ‘but but...those poor white South Africans’! 

i had two friends that lived in S Africa about 30 years ago ,constant carjacking home invasions etc ,by black criminals ,in the end ,came to live in England because of the violence of the black population .but  i forgot it must have been because as white people they alone are racist .

3 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

i had two friends that lived in S Africa about 30 years ago ,constant carjacking home invasions etc ,by black criminals ,in the end ,came to live in England because of the violence of the black population .but  i forgot it must have been because as white people they alone are racist .

Yes, these things happen and everyone knows about it.

A random instance, when someone shoots dead another in anger, without thought at the spur of the moment and pushing a knee in to the neck of a helpless fallen man for 8 minutes until death, I see a huge difference... as much as to see unarmed (sometimes already handcuffed) people been shot.

Random incidents don't prove anything. Go back a couple of 100 years. Who really started this business in coloured people? Up to-date, I've never heard of 'Black Masters' - please do correct me, if I am wrong. Who were the servants of the noble communities and the gentlemen and the ladies?

(noble, gentlemen, ladies LOL)

A gentle reminder can be seen here

The horrific things the 'coloured people' suffered is unbelievable. I guess, this animosity in embedded in to the human DNA and will never be wiped clean - at least in the next century or two.

Analyse the world today (has to be done with a clean mind) - racism still exists, albeit in a more subtle and 'refine' manner!.

Yes... Ladies, Gentlemen and the Noble, that is a fact.

What gets me is most of the established media is almost universally embracing the agenda, uncritically. A dissident voice here and there would be nice. When you have to go to You Tube or (horror of horrors) Fox News, just to get a balanced picture, there's something very wrong. Yeah, you can convince me, but please give me both sides of the argument.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

But it was the predominantly white European nations and the Americas, that ended the practice and raised the standard for the whole world.

Yeah, but only after taking about 12 million slaves from Africa and transporting them to the Americas under the most horrific circumstances, causing many of them to die on the way, and keeping the system of slavery intact for hundreds of years and making sh*tloads of money off of these slaves and all of their millions of descendants. There was even a civil war fought in the US because many in the south refused to abolish slavery. So if I were you I wouldn't toot my own horn too much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Slavery has existed in the world since history began. But it was the predominantly white European nations and the Americas, that ended the practice and raised the standard for the whole world.

Why is it that western nations don't get any credit for making slavery unacceptable; along with raising the standard of living for all nations? That is the true western legacy, in relation to slavery. They are the liberators. They were the first to end the practice.

Africans enslaved their own people for thousands of years. The slaves that made it to the Americas were first captured by black slavers.

But it was the predominantly white European nations and the Americas, that ended the practice and raised the standard for the whole world.

What were the other nations thriving in the slave trade?

4 minutes ago, ravip said:

Just read this wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade

In April 1998, Elikia M'bokolo, wrote in Le Monde diplomatique. "The African continent was bled of its human resources via all possible routes. Across the Sahara, through the Red Sea, from the Indian Ocean ports and across the Atlantic. At least ten centuries of slavery for the benefit of the Muslim countries (from the ninth to the nineteenth)." He continues: "Four million slaves exported via the Red Sea, another four million through the Swahili ports of the Indian Ocean, perhaps as many as nine million along the trans-Saharan caravan route, and eleven to twenty million (depending on the author) across the Atlantic Ocean"[91]

1 minute ago, ravip said:

Depends on the time period. Morocco I think. Strangely enough the whiteys were treated like sheet, but the the blacks had a kind of elevated status, acting as soldiers and guards. Slavery per se, isn't racist, ask the Romans. Anyway we're all slaves these days, wage slaves. You get the illusion of freedom, and a promise of elysium after you retire. Such a joke. That's why I decided to retire early, after seeing one or two of these guys give their all and retire to nothing. A void. That wasn't gonna happen to me. Yeah, right. What I can say is that it's not like the movies, getting old that is. Ha!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

egyptian-pyramids-hero.jpg

What are the involved colours on the above mentioned 'team'?

Even today, this very moment, slavery exists...

Edit

I guess there are different 'classes' in the slave trade, too.

So... let it go on and let the Masters enjoy... why argue about it?

Humans are another type of animal. So why condemn slavery? Is it bad? Really?

Edited by ravip

1 hour ago, ravip said:

What are the involved colours on the above mentioned 'team'?

Even today, this very moment, slavery exists...

Edit

I guess there are different 'classes' in the slave trade, too.

So... let it go on and let the Masters enjoy... why argue about it?

Humans are another type of animal. So why condemn slavery? Is it bad? Really?

I suppose the people in Egypt had a pretty dark skin, or olive shade to be more exact. 

Abe had a few thoughts about slavery: http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/slavery.htm . Such a nasty privileged white male.

Edited by DrTuner

On 6/7/2020 at 5:48 PM, mr mr said:

i am saying we need to eliminate this from our species. period. all of this behavior. 

Hmmmm.  I remember reading about a man back in 1940 who also wanted to clean up Europe.  Get rid of undesirables ....

On 6/8/2020 at 1:38 PM, FarangULong said:

Puh-Lease.... I knew someone would actually show up with this <deleted> (not this particular video "explaining" - rather using selected facts, some half truths, and a whole lot of <deleted> - "systemic racism").

There is no systemic racism anywhere in the West.

In fact most of the Black-American community problems were either created by the Democratic Party (starting with LBJ and welfare), or are product of modern Black culture in the US.

And while there probably should have been some sort of compensation for slavery, there is no point (let alone is it justifiable, unless you are an illogical bleeding heart leftist OR a Black who would profit from it) to do so almost 155 years later.

There ARE "compensations" (at the cost of discriminating against Whites, especially White males, and partially against Asian-Americans) of another sort, however, such as affirmative action, numerous non-White only (esp. for African Americans) student grants & foundations, support groups, etc. Hell there are even universities, which are almost exclusively for Blacks only. And while they do usually have a handful (mostly 1 or 2) White students, the White students often face open hostility for "taking away" some Black guy's/girl's opportunities, and thus "helping to keep a ninja a down".

I could list many more such examples. Systemic racism is a lie. In fact, if there was such a thing, it would be "Systemic racism+sexism+sexual-orientationism (yeah, I just made that up, I think)", aimed at straight White BIOLOGICAL males. But even that is a stretch, and not even remotely accurate, by any means.

???? .....

• Haha 1