Transgender students officially recognized at Thammasat U.

webfact

Transgender students officially recognized at Thammasat U.

90E64952-2EAB-44D5-A43D-169256BB54BD.jpe

Thailand’s Thammasat University has taken a big step in the recognition and promotion of the rights of transgender students on campus.

An announcement, issued and signed by Associate Professor Kesinee Vitoonchart, the Rector of the university, allows students, from Tuesday, to dress in accordance with the gender with which they self-identify.

The new rule applies to students when in the classroom, when taking examinations, undergoing training, contacting officials and attending ceremonies, including graduation ceremonies. They must, however, follow the university’s gender relevantdress code.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/transgender-students-officially-recognized-at-thammasat-u/

thaipbs.jpg

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

I have no problem with a man wanting to be a woman or visa versa ,but if you dont mensurate and you have a d--k born a man ,die a man . same goes for people who want to have sex with people of their own gender ,up to you ,just get on with it and stop bloody going on and on with parades ,rainbow flags etc.

we are not interested.

You sound pretty interested! 

Otherwise why do you complain so much?!? 

Sorry but the tone of your post comes off as extremely bigoted. 

If there is a parade that doesn't interest you then freakin' don't attend. 

BTW maybe you didn't know but gay pride parades aren't really much of a thing in Thailand. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You sound pretty interested! 

Otherwise why do you complain so much?!? 

Sorry but the tone of your post comes off as extremely bigoted. 

If there is a parade that doesn't interest you then freakin' don't attend. 

BTW maybe you didn't know but gay pride parades aren't really much of a thing in Thailand. 

yes i am interested ,i have 2 gay cousins , and a gay nephew .but they just get on with their lives ,they dont make a big deal out of it and keep going on and on and bloody on .

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

yes i am interested ,i have 2 gay cousins , and a gay nephew .but they just get on with their lives ,they dont make a big deal out of it and keep going on and on and bloody on .

Do they talk or walk in an affected look at me im different /special way, that always makes  me  laugh. I had two gay customers nicest ever, you would  never  know.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, George Aylesham said:

The number of people murdered, maimed, imprisoned, discriminated throughout the world because they may be perceived as LGBT is horrendous. The University is right to formally signal its acceptance of those who may be different from the majority.

my grandparents were murdered by the German nazis in a concentration camp because they were Jews ,it happened ,its history ,learn from it . but thats it ,

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, George Aylesham said:

The number of people murdered, maimed, imprisoned, discriminated throughout the world because they may be perceived as LGBT is horrendous.

More  horrendous are some religions who have no acceptance.

1 minute ago, bodga said:

Do they talk or walk in an affected look at me im different /special way, that always makes  me  laugh. I had two gay customers nicest ever, you would  never  know.

nope ,you would not know it , just look and act like everyone else ,one lives with her partner ,but never makes a big deal out of it .

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Yeah sure the tried and true some of my best friends are defense. 

Not very convincing. 

So are these "relatives" aware that you post anti gay pride posts on forums? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

nope ,you would not know it , just look and act like everyone else ,one lives with her partner ,but never makes a big deal out of it .

I once went to a works party with a workmate and both out wives ..... a lot of the other guys turned up wearing skin tight silk hot pants, lots of 'teapot' impressions. Free food and booze so not really a problem.

Edited by BritManToo

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah sure the tried and true some of my best friends are defense. 

Not very convincing. 

So are these "relatives" aware that you post anti gay pride posts on forums? 

maybe  they  dont  make  a  big deal  out of it.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I often wonder why some of these staunch conservatives so offended by LGBT, wound up in a country with so much of it, along with open views toward sex, alcohol, and other not so conservative things.

Thailands  very  conservative  in many  things.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I have no problem with a man wanting to be a woman or visa versa ,but if you dont mensurate and you have a d--k born a man ,die a man . same goes for people who want to have sex with people of their own gender ,up to you ,just get on with it and stop bloody going on and on with parades ,rainbow flags etc.

we are not interested.

You're rather defeating you own argument, Bert. Google transgender menstruation. You might change your mind.

my grandparents were murdered by the German nazis in a concentration camp because they were Jews ,it happened ,its history ,learn from it . but thats it ,

No, we must make sure it doesn't happen again.  And remember homosexuals were in there with them. 

Edited by Baht Simpson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

we are not interested.

You're certainly demonstrating an exceptional level of compassion and empathy for those different than yourself... :ph34r:

I'm sure you'll also be right out there in front of the "Black Lives Matter" demonstrations calling for an end to racism and police brutality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bodga said:

maybe  they  dont  make  a  big deal  out of it.

There are thousands of posts on this site with straight guys making a big deal out of their prowess in bed. Better to go on about equality than sexual conquests I believe.

Edited by Baht Simpson

Same as vegans and non smokers/drinkers.

Interesting graduation ceremonies are included, cos aren't they usually presided over by some royal personage or other, and that would be a big deal indeed I would've thought. Whilst a lot of educational institutions turn a blind eye to everyday cross dressing (yeah, I know they're TGs not CDs, but I'm just using the term in a practical sense), the graduation ceremony can be a sticking point. Anyway, shrewd move by Thammasat IMHO. They'll attract the no doubt lucrative TG market and, if my experience as a teacher is anything to go by, get students of above average intelligence, also cements their progressive credentials.