Popular dog poisoned outside Si Racha 7-Eleven - dog hater suspected!

webfact

Popular dog poisoned outside Si Racha 7-Eleven - dog hater suspected!

5pm.jpg

Rescue services were called after a popular stray dog that lived outside a 7-Eleven in Surasak sub-district of Si Racha started convulsing and foaming at the mouth. 

It was clear that "Jao Khamkhoon" had been poisoned. 

Motorcycle taxi guys and the convenience store staff who often fed the Thai breed male dog tried desperately to get him to vomit up the poison by feeding him raw eggs and vegetable oil. 

But despite this and CPR the dog died at the scene. 

Local man Kitti, 26, blamed someone who lived near the temple who had poisoned lots of dogs there. The person was a dog hater, he said. 

Khamkhoon was a lovely, playful dog, he said, who wouldn't bite and was loved by the taxi rank and the store staff.

The motorcycle taxi guys put the dead dog in a sack and buried him, all the while swearing obscenities to damn the person who they believe is responsible, reported 77kaoded. 

Source: 77kaoded

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, watthong said:

To those who things 7-11 dogs are "filthy (hindering) things" sorry to say you have chosen the wrong place to retire/live/play/whatever. First, these creatures have more rights to be in this (their) country than you do and if to the locals, the dogs rightfully place is to lay outside the store, it's their culture (and you don't seem to get it.) To me dogs lying outside 7-11s mean there are birds singing outside my window, flower fragrance coming up to my balcony from the parking lot and koi fish coming up to the surface asking for food when I take a break by the mall ponds, etc. In short the connection between living species, of which the human race is one, that this culture respects but sadly others seem to denigrate.

Nothing wrong with defending dogs as they have a right to be here but people must also realize that too many dogs is not a good thing and wreak havoc on the populations of other animals living in the jungles and elsewhere.  Not all these dogs are eating garbage they are eating other animals.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, watthong said:

To those who things 7-11 dogs are "filthy (hindering) things" sorry to say you have chosen the wrong place to retire/live/play/whatever. First, these creatures have more rights to be in this (their) country than you do and if to the locals, the dogs rightfully place is to lay outside the store, it's their culture (and you don't seem to get it.) To me dogs lying outside 7-11s mean there are birds singing outside my window, flower fragrance coming up to my balcony from the parking lot and koi fish coming up to the surface asking for food when I take a break by the mall ponds, etc. In short the connection between living species, of which the human race is one, that this culture respects but sadly others seem to denigrate.

What would your comment be if a Thai was arrested and charged for this? 

4 hours ago, digger70 said:

They are Filthy flea bitten  Rabies carriers Mongrel Soi dogs that Need to be Exterminated .You ask all the Thai People Most of them Hate the Mongrels ,But Being Thai they Don't like to Confront people about this, they don't like to Stir trouble .They just put up with them ,Even when they Don't Like it.

Ok poison the muts  is maybe not the right thing to do But the Council /government doesn't do anything  to get rid of them. Yes don't ask , I have a Dog.  

If most people hated them they would not be here. Simple fact. 

Its mainly foreigners that worry about them not Thais. I have no problem with the dogs up to the Thais not up to me.

• Like 1