Why do you continue to live in Thailand

4MyEgo

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Perhaps it means just what it says, "I am where I want to be" an example could be that I don't have to work for the rest of my life, but I am not one to want to rub salt in anyone's wounds.....how about you, is your ego as big as mine ????

I remembered another EGO song..........also by the Beach Boys.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Because I have commitments with a son and a daughter. If I were single I would have been gone long ago. No doubt.

Strange that but my commitments with 2 daughters is the exact reason I left.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Susco said:

Where I come from they for sure will have noticed if I go just by a few km/h over the speed limit of 30Km/h which is in many places, and it will cost me an arm and a leg.

That was the straw that broke this camel's back. One night I saw a cop sitting in a car with its lights off. As I passed them, then saw another car coming the other way and approaching the speed trap, I flashed my lights. I got a ticket for that. That really was the deciding factor to move to Thailand. EFF them bastards.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Enzian said:

You are right, and thanks for reminding me because it has crossed my mind, just not this time. I think in conversation with one's peers here, everyone knows what one means by "the girls", and no one takes umbrage. But in print it does seem problematic.

Haha, no probs. Yes looks worse in print, agreed.

1 minute ago, Enzian said:

You are right, and thanks for reminding me because it has crossed my mind, just not this time. I think in conversation with one's peers here, everyone knows what one means by "the girls", and no one takes umbrage. But in print it does seem problematic.

Haha, no probs. Yes looks worse in print, agreed.

4 minutes ago, Enzian said:

John Belushi comes to mind.

Spent 10 years experimenting living in various countries and liked Thailand the most, and still feel the same whenever I leave.

I have no commitments here but my girlfriend is already a house/car owner with a sizable pension, none of which I have. Marrying her would get me on her health insurance too. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kennycrossfit said:

I was in the UK last year as well, went to the doctors and got an appointment the next morning, I also went running around the local park most mornings and never got attacked by smackheads.

Sure. Fancy listing as a reason to live here 'I can go for a walk without being attacked' I mean, <deleted>??

You can also, believe it or not, have tried and trusted mates in the UK, in fact much more so then here. 

• Like 2