Supergirl star Chyler Leigh thanks fans for support after coming out

snoop1130

Supergirl star Chyler Leigh thanks fans for support after coming out

By BRIAN GALLAGHER

29426270-8404573-image-a-3_1591744504296.jpg

Tough: Leigh thanked her fans for showing their support in a heartfelt Instagram post on Monday, in the midst of Pride Month, though she still hasn't put a specific label on her LGBTQA identity quite yet, though she did say the process has been 'tough' on her and her husband of 18 years, Nathan West

Supergirl star Chyler Leigh is thanking fans for their overwhelming support after she came out as a member of the LGBTQA community.

The 38-year-old actress came out in a blog post on the Creating Change website in late May, just days after the Season 5 finale of Supergirl aired on The CW.

Leigh thanked her fans for showing their support in a heartfelt Instagram post on Monday, in the midst of Pride Month, though she still hasn't put a specific label on her LGBTQA identity quite yet, though she did say the process has been 'tough' on her and her husband of 18 years, Nathan West.

'Hi friends. Today I’ve received an outpouring of love and support for acknowledging and loving myself as the person I truly am,' Leigh began in her Instagram post.

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8404573/Supergirl-star-Chyler-Leigh-thanks-fans-support-coming-essay.html

It seems that nearly every TV show these days has a token gay relationship, either male or female.

Alex has been secretly enjoying 2 on-set gay partners so far in the series as she split up with the first one you see in the article because she didn't want to have a baby, but her new girlfriend (Kelly Olsen) does... and not to forget her one night fling with Sara Lance before she came out in the show...

LOL, it makes a good break from Thaivisa.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simon43 said:

Yawn.... who cares what her sexuality is (although it sounds as if she's not sure herself).  Up to her - stop feeling the need to tell everyone, we're not interested.

35 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Why on earth does she (or anyone) need to announce to the world she's "come out". What business is it of anyone elses anyhow ?

More to the point, who cares?

Indeed. Likely so she can feel enabled. The way it's going, it'll be an offence (in western nations at least) to utter the above, or to express to the world that one is happy being straight. Anyway, Jing will be along in a minute to admonish us. :saai:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Why on earth does she (or anyone) need to announce to the world she's "come out". What business is it of anyone elses anyhow ?

More to the point, who cares?

Because in this case she was playing the role of a lesbian in her TV show, for years before she came out.

It's also an unusual case as it seems she has been happily married to a man for 18 years and has 3 children. It is of passing interest. 

12 hours ago, daveAustin said:

it'll be an offence (in western nations at least) .... to express to the world that one is happy being straight.

Ain't that the truth. I have no prejudice against any 'letter' or sexual preference, but I dislike it thrown in my face. However, I think it very sad when they are discriminated against or worse, thrown off buildings, etc.