Thais Only: Bus companies, Bangkok temple bans foreigners citing COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

Just now, 473geo said:

I wonder at the reaction in your own country to overweight, pensioners marrying young Thai brides, and if you are so wrapped with the way your country expects things to be, why you then expect the Thai people to be somehow grateful and not react in the same way?

People can marry anyone they want, wherever they want. No one cares. I'm a very lean pensioner with a Thai wife so we're not all overweight. America is a melting pot of all races, and most everyone is okay with others there. There are idiots in every country that believe they are the superior race. That makes them inferior. Racism is and has always been wrong, and racists always pay in the end. No one wants to be around someone that thinks they are better than others, and the rich have done such a job on our earth that it is suffering with global warming and one disaster after another. They need to be removed also. Every country has it's own brand of dictators. Some get away with things they shouldn't because of money. America has an idiot egotist for a president, and the sooner he is removed the better. The same here. What do these people in power do for the common man here? And they're the ones that think foreigners are dirty. I've been in a number of countries and seen a lot of dirty people, both here and back home. This world is slowly coming to an end, and it's the ones in charge that are mainly responsible. The only chance the world has is removal of these vermin. Racists are a disease.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

People can marry anyone they want, wherever they want. No one cares. I'm a very lean pensioner with a Thai wife so we're not all overweight. America is a melting pot of all races, and most everyone is okay with others there. There are idiots in every country that believe they are the superior race. That makes them inferior. Racism is and has always been wrong, and racists always pay in the end. No one wants to be around someone that thinks they are better than others, and the rich have done such a job on our earth that it is suffering with global warming and one disaster after another. They need to be removed also. Every country has it's own brand of dictators. Some get away with things they shouldn't because of money. America has an idiot egotist for a president, and the sooner he is removed the better. The same here. What do these people in power do for the common man here? And they're the ones that think foreigners are dirty. I've been in a number of countries and seen a lot of dirty people, both here and back home. This world is slowly coming to an end, and it's the ones in charge that are mainly responsible. The only chance the world has is removal of these vermin. Racists are a disease.

See you need a broader outlook Fred, your first sentence, makes my comment about you, it isn't, comes across that you are blind to experiences other than your own, undermines the comments that follow.

21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

So, other than that, everything is hunky dory?????

Edited by Gandtee
punctuation
  • Sad 2

Just now, Gandtee said:

So, other than that, everything is hunky dory?????

The world has a lot of nice things that everyone should enjoy. I've been watching this destruction for over 30 years and back then when I told others the world is going to pay for the cutting down of trees and raping of the oceans, friends said it would never happen, that the world can repair itself. It can if the nonsense stops, but there's too much money in it.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:28 AM, jonclark said:

No - these messages are the result of people not being able to understand the rules, underpinned by ignorance, fear and just poor comprehension of what the government has been doing. 

Most restaurants with the silly social distancing procedures have misunderstood similarly - I can walk into a restuarant holding my wife's hand, but we need to have a plastic screen between us when we eat to stop the spread of Co-vid 19  - The screens are meant to seperate people who are not part of the same family group. If we are holding hands, a screen when we eat has no health merits at all. 

with that thinking i dont want u next to me or my family .. if u dont care about your health then U are problem 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 473geo said:

See you need a broader outlook Fred, your first sentence, makes my comment about you, it isn't, comes across that you are blind to experiences other than your own, undermines the comments that follow.

Blind is the last thing I am

On 6/12/2020 at 7:53 AM, fredwiggy said:

This racism has been noted in America by family and friends. This is going to backfire as all racism does and Thailand is going to go downhill even faster now. Also, the Thais that live overseas will suffer from discrimination when more find out what goes on here. Thailand gets billions of dollars from foreigners every year and this will hurt the economy for their future. Thailand is a beautiful country and has some really nice people, but the sour taste is felt by more daily. They might get the Chinese back (who brought the disease) because money wins out over common sense and care of your own people. Covid will be back, and the next time it might take a few of the ones that are only looking at the dollars lost....................Richard later tweeted that a message posted on the Wat Pho Facebook page that said foreigners had not been permitted entry for their own safety and that the temple had been closed to tourists due to restoration work which is currently taking place.   So they are okay with Thais coming in, disregarding their safety?  

I dont think anyone overseas is paying attention if an expat can get in a temple or not. If you haven't noticed there are protests, riots, looting, statues being torn down, but sure lets worry about access to a temple in Thailand. 

I've been hearing that Tourists are going to stop coming to Thailand for over 20 years, but year after year the numbers go up. Of course with Covid Thailand just like everyone else will take a hit, but give it time and Thailand will rebound. 

For some people Thailand is a place you just love to hate!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

This might actually make sense, but ...

...wouldn't it be better to say so, instead of making up some BS- claims about safety?

As if anyone in Thailand gives 2 hoots about safety! 

If my safety is your concern, start with daily traffic!

Could cut admission to 100 baht?

5 minutes ago, rob63 said:

Never noticed a Thai with an odour problem (excepting homeless people). I think I just hurt your feelings......

No, I'm clean, but I've noticed quite a few here that smell bad, just like everywhere else I've been, especially if they are heavy drinkers.

Edited by fredwiggy

On 6/12/2020 at 5:47 PM, spidermike007 said:

Astonishing ignorance based on fear of the unknown. Any logical person would conclude that any foreigners in Thailand have been here for months and therefore are just as healthy, if not more healthy than the locals. 

We get to re-live the early 20th century in the west. Except this time WE ARE the black man!

I expected some of this, watching the Americans and Europeans botch Covid to the extent they did. We will be radioactive worldwide, for at least the next year or so. 

I read an article somewhere a month or two ago about how the Chinese are treating Africans and other black people like they are all infected with this virus; evicting them from their apartments, barring them entry to public places and such. Makes me wonder just how stupid the Chinese can be. Also it is a reminder that racism was not invented by nor exclusive to us white people. The evolution of the human species seems to have gone into reverse lately.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I see Srinakarin Dam National Park in Kanchanaburi is also banning foreigners at the moment.

There are a lot of comments on their Facebook page.

How many more places will follow suit?

IMG_20200617_101143.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, petedk said:

I see Srinakarin Dam National Park in Kanchanaburi is also banning foreigners at the moment.

IMG_20200617_101143.jpg

As long as they don't prohibit Chinese people, they're okay.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, petedk said:

There's even farangs on there embarrassing themselves with "Farang Lives Matter" posts. I hope most will avoid jumping on that particular bandwagon. 
Most of the Thai comments are complaining about having to pay 100 baht to get in and then not being allowed to play in the water or stay overnight. Which would make it seem that the plan to limit the number of visitors is actually working quite well. 

6 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

There's even farangs on there embarrassing themselves with "Farang Lives Matter" posts. I hope most will avoid jumping on that particular bandwagon. 
Most of the Thai comments are complaining about having to pay 100 baht to get in and then not being allowed to play in the water or stay overnight. Which would make it seem that the plan to limit the number of visitors is actually working quite well. 

No comments on there about how foolish this policy is since the airports haven't reopened? We farangs can't be any more infected than Thai people at this point. It's just mean. Marking this one off my list of places to visit later. Will never set foot in Wat Pho, either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

No comments on there about how foolish this policy is since the airports haven't reopened? We farangs can't be any more infected than Thai people at this point. It's just mean. Marking this one off my list of places to visit later. Will never set foot in Wat Pho, either. 

There's a couple explaining about that but most of the posts in Thai are complaining about what they can't do if they travel there and pay 100 baht to get in. 

1 hour ago, petedk said:

I agree with you about the "Farang lives matter". 

I just think that this is a family place and many foreigners are married to Thais and have children that are Thai citizens. Sure the fathers should be allowed in when the rest of the family is.

Should be save to let farang in, they never shower so won't take a bath or swim in the park's water either. 555

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2020 at 2:56 PM, stoutfella said:

Go Thailand, you really doing all you can to attract tourists back en masse.

In fact Thailand is just copying from neighbors countries...

By example in Cambodia :

xenophobia_3.jpg

xenophobia_4.jpg