Drunks who attacked reporter, couple surrender day later

snoop1130

Drunks who attacked reporter, couple surrender day later

By The Nation

800_4355f6b829eb365.jpg

The 10 men who beat up a Workpoint TV reporter and a couple who tried to help him on Thursday (June 11) evening surrendered to police on Friday.

The incident took place in Samut Prakan at 8am on Thursday, when a group of men approached journalist Bandit Chawala and attacked him because they believed he was reporting about them. A man and a woman nearby tried to stop the attackers and also ended getting beaten up.

Charchan Udomphon, one of the attackers, said he and his accomplices wanted to apologise because they were very drunk when the attack happened. He said they were also ready to cover the cost of treatment.

Meanwhile, the victims have said they want to take legal action against the attackers because the reporter sustained 18 stitches, the man eight stitches and the woman was badly bruised.

Samrong Nua police are collecting evidence before taking the case to the public prosecutor. The 10 men have initially been charged with physical assault and may face additional charges if doctors confirm the wounds are severe.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389536?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-12

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Meanwhile, the victims have said they want to take legal action against the attackers because the reporter sustained 18 stitches, the man eight stitches and the woman was badly bruised.

absolutely 100% prosecute these thugs

• Like 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The incident took place in Samut Prakan at 8am on Thursday

And they were very drunk????

10 "men" the post says... I have a different label for them but I can't print it here !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

wanted to apologise because they were very drunk when the attack happened. He said they were also ready to cover the cost of treatment.

cheap excuse, lock them up followed with a hefty fine and pay for all medical expenses

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 6:51 PM, snoop1130 said:

The 10 men who beat up a Workpoint TV reporter and a couple who tried to help him on Thursday (June 11) evening surrendered to police on Friday.

The incident took place in Samut Prakan at 8am on Thursday,

Thursday evening, 8am...

Proper checking again

If the seafood restaurant that scammed customers with invalid vouchers can get 700 plus years, these thugs should not get less than that...that will set an example for others not to resort to physical violence. 

22 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Manners maketh the Man....

Oh, I thought it was "Clothes maketh the man "(?Hugo Boss)

Oh that's right we are in Thailand, so cargo shorts and blue singlets don't count 

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Oh, I thought it was "Clothes maketh the man "(?Hugo Boss)

Oh that's right we are in Thailand, so cargo shorts and blue singlets don't count 

I was quoting Kingsmen Movie, which I saw in LOS btw....carry on

Khap, Kha, Khap Phohm, Kha Phohm,

Na Kha,

And a multitudes of 'Wai',

Geez, what would be happening in Thailand in the absence of all these respect driven words and gestures?

Worse,.... or better. Makes me wonder....