Teenage computer games addict son stabbed mother 12 times as she slept

webfact

Teenage computer games addict son stabbed mother 12 times as she slept

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A mother in Hat Yai in southern Thailand was stabbed 12 times while she slept by her 16 year old son. 

The boy's grandmother said that he was seriously addicted to computer games and often displayed rage at the games. 

But apart from that there had been no signs that he would attack his mother. 

The grandmother said that the boy's mother had returned from work in Qatar ten days ago and there had been no arguments. 

She had encouraged him to work with her making "nam phrik" (a condiment) for sale instead of playing games. 

The grandmother painted a grim picture of computer game addiction, however, saying that the boy would spend all day and night in his room playing violent games. He would only emerge to get food and drink.

While his mother, aged 34, slept he attacked her with a kitchen knife causing 12 wounds all over her body and leaving her in a grievous condition. 

Khorhong police are looking for him and believe that he has fled to stay with friends. 

They said that the case needed to be handled delicately as the boy is a minor. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-15

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

While his mother, aged 34, slept he attacked her with a kitchen knife

It didn't actually say she slept through all the 12 stabbing phantomfiddler ............. but its very sad for her, only child I guess...

Edited by sanuk711

I'll bet some unintended consequences with this; that boy is gonna have much slower computer when his mother can no longer get big bucks in Qatar because of her disfigured body from the 12 knife wounds. Gonna cost the young guy the rest of his life. Poor woman.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

There are some lines we cross in life, that are essentially a self revocation of the right to consume oxygen. I would say that is the case for this little monster.

Gen Z is a fascinating generation. Some are remarkable. Some are activists, really care about their nation, and their environment, and will eventually lead to major changes here, as they will oust the incredibly toxic army once and for all. Of that I am sure. However, some are incredibly vapid, are really lacking in social skills, and far too dependent on technology. Many do not really have lives, but approximations of a life instead. Fairly empty souls. 

Like the lost souls on Thai Visa ... lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

some are incredibly vapid, are really lacking in social skills, and far too dependent on technology. Many do not really have lives, but approximations of a life instead.

November last year, 17 year old found dead at his computer, after gaming for days on end. December last year, another 17 year old stabbed and killed his dad, who had scolded him about playing games too much.

At one of my first teaching jobs, I was struck by all the sleepy students who joined me on the songthaew as I went to work. I figured they were up late studying, or doing the chores, or helping their parents in the markets or restaurants. Nope. I soon learned it was from staying up all night with the games, which they then continued at school.

They're feeding an addiction, one they become quickly accustomed to upon being handed technology at an early age, with few other options for constructive activities. They soon learn to only seek and satisfy that stimulus, depriving themselves of much else life has to offer.

I truly fear for this generation. While it's not all the kids, it's certainly too many of them, and I don't know what they're going to do.

How could a 19 years old be a minor??and how could his mother be 34??? was she 15 when she had him???besides,how could she survive 12 stabs??it looks like they have been more like wounds and cuts,not real stabs

48 minutes ago, loll said:

How could a 19 years old be a minor??and how could his mother be 34??? was she 15 when she had him???besides,how could she survive 12 stabs??it looks like they have been more like wounds and cuts,not real stabs

Perhaps it was because he’s 16?

21 hours ago, webfact said:

They said that the case needed to be handled delicately as the boy is a minor.

Handling him delicately thus far has been his problem, allowed to stay in his room all day & night to play violent games, only coming out to find food !

Sorry grandma, I know you were trying your best in the absence of the mother but..... you reap what you sow.

Should have pulled the plug out and trashed his device and games!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

November last year, 17 year old found dead at his computer, after gaming for days on end. December last year, another 17 year old stabbed and killed his dad, who had scolded him about playing games too much.

At one of my first teaching jobs, I was struck by all the sleepy students who joined me on the songthaew as I went to work. I figured they were up late studying, or doing the chores, or helping their parents in the markets or restaurants. Nope. I soon learned it was from staying up all night with the games, which they then continued at school.

They're feeding an addiction, one they become quickly accustomed to upon being handed technology at an early age, with few other options for constructive activities. They soon learn to only seek and satisfy that stimulus, depriving themselves of much else life has to offer.

I truly fear for this generation. While it's not all the kids, it's certainly too many of them, and I don't know what they're going to do.

Remember as kids, how we used to go out and play baseball, or softball, football or catch for hours on end? I used to just get on my bicycle and ride for miles, chasing fire trucks around the neighborhood. My heart goes out to the current batch of kids. Personally, I hate video games. Much the same as I hate card games. Feels like such a waste of time to me. However, my guess is that the vidiots would say the same thing about us posting on this forum! Video games seem like the new heroin. 

14 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Like the lost souls on Thai Visa ... lol.

Well, some would say we are wasting many hours on this forum. But, at the very least we are not killing each other, or killing our families! And due to my outspoken nature I have been suspended many times from this forum for a week. Did I go into withdrawal? Absolutely not. It was a nice break! 

Edited by spidermike007

We used to play war games as kids ,didn’t make us killers , but we had parents who guided us and not just let us do what we want. Never really a good thing to be raised by a grandparent, not that they don’t care but always a generation behind 

14 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Nope. I soon learned it was from staying up all night with the games, which they then continued at school.

And as I learned when they get to University ages they sit up all night gambling with card games at 5 baht per go, or out at the local restaurant that just happens to have a live band and alcohol on the menu !

Staying up to 2am-3am or even later then get up to go study is the norm 

5 hours ago, Foghorn said:

We used to play war games as kids ,didn’t make us killers , but we had parents who guided us and not just let us do what we want. Never really a good thing to be raised by a grandparent, not that they don’t care but always a generation behind 

Which is the case here more than any other country. Left with grandparents, who are often too old to keep aware of what the children are doing while the mother is "forced" to leave town to find work, see the kids twice a year, the fathers nowhere to be seen, bored kids playing video games all night long. See it happen right here in the village and with some family members. Kids "find" guns, are arrested, booked, released to grandma, rinse, repeat, until they become adults and then it's harder crimes and jail time.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, some would say we are wasting many hours on this forum. But, at the very least we are not killing each other, or killing our families! And due to my outspoken nature I have been suspended many times from this forum for a week. Did I go into withdrawal? Absolutely not. It was a nice break! 

I’ve been suspended too ... an injustice. Why were you chasing fire engines as a youngster? Was that an admission of pyromania?

23 hours ago, loll said:

The boy was 16 therefore the mother was 18 when he was born - there is much to be said for abortion!

15 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I’ve been suspended too ... an injustice. Why were you chasing fire engines as a youngster? Was that an admission of pyromania?

I committed a minimal amount of pyromania as a kid. But, I was really fascinated by fires, and used to love watching structures burning down, without people inside of course. Also loved watching cars or trucks burn up and explode. Kids can be weird. I certainly was!

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I committed a minimal amount of pyromania as a kid. But, I was really fascinated by fires, and used to love watching structures burning down, without people inside of course. Also loved watching cars or trucks burn up and explode. Kids can be weird. I certainly was!

You should love it here

On 6/16/2020 at 10:32 AM, spidermike007 said:

Remember as kids, how we used to go out and play baseball, or softball, football or catch for hours on end? I used to just get on my bicycle and ride for miles, chasing fire trucks around the neighborhood. My heart goes out to the current batch of kids. Personally, I hate video games. Much the same as I hate card games. Feels like such a waste of time to me. However, my guess is that the vidiots would say the same thing about us posting on this forum! Video games seem like the new heroin. 

violent video games don't cause violent behavior - this has been proven.

think of video games as a correlated thing...

like the usage of room deodorizer in lung cancer patients.

there is something else going on in the heads of these games addicts, often the games are replacement enough, sometimes they take their anger to real people.

Just now, tgw said:

violent video games don't cause violent behavior - this has been proven.

think of video games as a correlated thing...

like the usage of room deodorizer in lung cancer patients.

there is something else going on in the heads of these games addicts, often the games are replacement enough, sometimes they take their anger to real people.

There are millions of game addicts, and if you play, you'll understand why. Turning into a violent sociopath is from abuse and neglect in childhood and is sometimes genetic.