Woman helpless as village chief, police ‘fail to take action’ against her ex over alleged assault

webfact

Woman helpless as village chief, police ‘fail to take action’ against her ex over alleged assault

By THE NATION

800_432668d9e365d50.jpg?v=1592190879

A woman complained on her Facebook page yesterday (June 14) that she was assaulted by her former boyfriend but received no help at all – neither from the village chief nor the police.

Facebook user Orawan Singkum claimed her ex punched, kicked and hit her with the butt of his gun, and also pointed the gun at her sister’s head while allegedly threatening to kill her and wipe out her family.

Orawan’s sister frantically called the village chief’s office but no one came to help. Orawan subsequently went to the police station.

According to her post, the police informed her that they “did not have the power” to arrest her former boyfriend.

“Although my ex threatened me again through the phone, and I urged the police to hear what he said, they did nothing at all,” she complained helplessly.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389628

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-15

• Sad 6

What the hell? If the police really responded that they don't have the power to arrest him, sack that entire station. You get the feeling that the mouth-breather in question is someone of perceived importance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I don't know whether I am more angry at the cowardly boyfriend or the police.

This is not a domestic issue, it's physical and verbal assualt. What more does she have to do to get police involved ? Die ?

Truly sickening

Dying would be very inconevient for the BIB, they would have to get off their a rse and actually do something. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Myran said:

What the hell? If the police really responded that they don't have the power to arrest him, sack that entire station. You get the feeling that the mouth-breather in question is someone of perceived importance.

If no money involved the cops are not interested End of story

7 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Not the first and probably not the last girl to cop a hiding and get no help from the police. Others have ended up  dead in a similar situation.  The cops should  be investigating his possession of a firearm. 

It will never happen but someone should be investigating the POLICE. 

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I had something similar of the sort, my step daughter was slapped in the face by her father who saw her (16yrs old) out at a festival with friends, she had our permission. My missus and I went to the police but the desk officer refused to take the complaint so I said to the missus in Thai, "OK ring up our lawyer and get him to come down here to speak with his boss". He tripped over himself to help with the plea, "No need for a lawyer, my boss will think I'm not doing my job, I will get everything done". He said he will send two officers to apprehend him and give him a stern warning. When we got home he rang us up and apologized, said we would have to wait for an hour because the officers were busy at the moment but soon, soon. They did apprehend him with 4 officers openly in front of the whole village at a funeral wake and belittled him as a drunk hitting small girls etc. The news was brought to us by the pu yai of his village who witnessed it. An hour later her ex rang up fuming with anger that he had lost face in front of the whole village, the missus told him if he tried that again he would be in court for assault.

Do you think anyone really cared?

Edited by Andy from Kent

I really should not comment, because I don't know what the truth is, but it would be nice if we knew where this took place. There are still places where certain families have more power than the government. It would be nice to know something about the social status of the ex. Is he a police general? Colonel? Is he a nai amphur (sheriff, highest ranking executive in an amphur)? Even a balaad (assistant sheriff)? Is he "person of influence?"  You might ask neighbors or relatives to explain to you.

Edited by Acharn

19 hours ago, webfact said:

A woman complained on her Facebook page yesterday (June 14) that she was assaulted by her former boyfriend but received no help at all – neither from the village chief nor the police.

Seems social media is the only way to get the wheels of justice moving, [in the absence of of a fee being paid]

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Do you think anyone really cared?

No of course not until it affects you. Its not about caring, its about making sure it doesn't happen again and that you don't have to put up with police complacency, they can be forced to act.