Foreigners married to Thais set to be allowed to return to Thailand

webfact

1 minute ago, GAZZPA said:

bet someone will insure, but you are going to pay through the nose for it......

If the Government says we advise you not to travel... that means you are not gonna get insured.. 

35 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

blimey you've changed your tune,, you were basically saying tough luck earlier and serves them right for not becoming Thai citizens,,, anyway, I agree, Thailand should make it easier for people that do have family here, lets hope they do....

What,,,, why should Thailand make it easier... these people made their beds.

The options has always been there

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

What,,,, why should Thailand make it easier... these people made their beds.

The options has always been there

what? I thought you were just saying that you hope Thailand makes it easier for people who want to be in Thailand to be with their families? For those who want to "worship Thailand" i think were your words.. ????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

New hoops certifiably show the men from the boys aye !!

I have got no idea what you just said. try English,, or is English not your first language?

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A possibility?

Sadly not currently available.

20 minute test on the spot. Doubt it.

Had a 20 minute test on the 7th before a charter flight, the test kits are available whether in Thailand tho not sure.

This 'quick test' however will show positive for anti bodies as well, if that occurs you'll need to go to a clinic ( same day results £300 in London ), with this test you can fly with the anti bodies and it proves you're not 'carrying'.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed.. Don Mega has already 'won' that round after Davo failed to meet the argumentative challenge and resorted commenting on the the cranial distortion of Don's head and that he has few friends, which is an automatic failure on any intellectual level. Then to resort to the 'have a nice chat. if you know what I mean'  and implying violence simply outs the author as being quite the tool !! Significant failures in one post !

are you the referee?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:
19 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Wrong.

Direct me to an insurance company please who would provide insurance when are you are advised not to travel there ?

There are a number of heath insurance companies who would cover you for any respiratory illness including Covid-19 and during an epidemic / pandemic. 

The companies I wrote to which confirmed cover for Covid-19 were: 

April MyHealth Insurance (through whom I have my Wife and Son covered)

LUMA, Pacific Cross, Thai Vivat Star, AXA Optimum Thailand, Aetna Thailand, Cigna Close Care.

Note: Health Insurance and Travel Insurance are different, Travel Insurance commonly includes an ‘epidemic clause’ whereas the exclusion with Health / Medical Insurance is less common (some may include a 30 day moratorium, thus you may not be covered for illness for 30 days, obviously its different for accidents etc).

A broker such as Pacific Prime should be able to answer all your question. 

16 minutes ago, chaihot said:

I have NO interest in going to Thailand so that I can pay 50,000 for quarantine -- AND not be able to go "out".

You??

Yeah not able to go out, thats pretty much how quarantine works and its only 14 days.

50k is not that bad, s that an official qoute or  just a number from google ?

18 hours ago, scorecard said:

QUOTE FROM ABOVE:

"...You also have to consider that the majority of hi-so Thais were educated in the United States or Europe. Many of whom were teased by Americans and rejected by Western women ( often called FOB aka Fresh Off the Boat ). These folks come back to Thailand with a huge chip on their shoulders towards Westerners. Do you blame them though? Americans are brutal to overseas Asians students. And the Europeans are even worse than the Americans."

I don't buy your comments.

Locals are at times brutal to other locals and foreigners in any country. Reality of life.

Before Thailand I lived in Sydney and Melbourne in Australia and had daily contact with students from: Thailand, Indonesia, China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea and more.

Most of the time, most of the students (M and F) were quite contented and had good productive relationships / friendships with Australian students, the Australian community etc.

In my 30+ years of work in Thailand I worked with several hundred Thais in big organizational projects, 90+% spoke excellent/perfect English, and were educated abroad, professional, pleasant and productive, no hesitation to work together with the foreigners on my staff. 

Yes we had 1 or 2 incidents over many years, half of which was reaction to western arrogance and superiority. 

Quote from OP:

"...The Thai government is not doing anything different that United States which is where Thailand gets the majority of its legal protocol. They always copy whatever the US does, as do most countries."

Fake news, Thai law is based on British and German Law and some of the Thai Labour law is strongly influenced by Australian Labour law.

The whole world wants to copy most things from the US? What rubbish. 

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

These people have more money than sense.:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

By all accounts they have been given an added 6 months on their visa

how about yours 

5 hours ago, Davo369 said:

If the Government says we advise you not to travel... that means you are not gonna get insured.

Not quite. It means that a UK Insurer is unlikely to offer a policy. There are others that will.

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Fake news, Thai law is based on British and German Law and some of the Thai Labour law is strongly influenced by Australian Labour law.

Not according to my lawyer. He tells me that the basis of Thai law is French with, as he says, 'bits from all over the place'.

31 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Not according to my lawyer. He tells me that the basis of Thai law is French with, as he says, 'bits from all over the place'.

Correct, I should have listed French in my original post, my apologies for that error.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Actually Thai law is based on continental European civil law with some English common law.. At least thats what Wikipedia says, there is also some Hindu law somewhere,,,,

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Quote from OP:

"...The Thai government is not doing anything different that United States which is where Thailand gets the majority of its legal protocol. They always copy whatever the US does, as do most countries."

The whole world wants to copy most things from the US? What rubbish. 

Which Thai labour is strongly influenced  by Australian labour law ?

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The 14 day quarantine is a sticking point. Understandingly a necessary one without a viable alternative.

In the UK I have taken a Covid-19 test (48 hr result). If these tests were available for arrivals I'm sure people would be happy to pay for them instead of having to do a 14 day quarantine.

If arrivals were to take a Covid-19 test on arrival followed by a 2-3 day quarantine while awaiting results the arrivals 'back-log' would be streamlined.

If the testing efficiency could be improved the arrivals 'back-log' would be limited to the airport.

Remember - This is not about eradicating Covid-19 but keeping the spread rate down such that the spread rate is limited while the economy can continue.

I know its harsh.. just like your remark about the elite visa. 

These test are not available here so you will just have to accept it the way it is just like elite visa holders will have to accept their facts. You make a big problem about those test but we know how things go in Thailand. The government does not go for the best but goes for the solution with the most kickbacks. So you either accept the 14 day and be happy you can come back or not. 

Remember your a guest you don't get to dictate the rules.

On 6/15/2020 at 4:41 AM, DrJack54 said:

Thai nationals repatriating to Thailand have 14 day quarantine. That will continue and any foreigners would likewise face quarantine in Bangkok.

Except people who would  be travelling with "travel bubble" around them in Thailand for specific purpose. But there is also a strong opposiion to the idea. Why people with travel "bubble around" them don't require qurantine but Thai nationals do?

Edited by Mulambana
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

While Thailand is destroying its economy to prevent an increase in Covid-19 numbers, once any sense of normalcy is kick-started I doubt anything will be done to limit the 26000 road deaths per year.

Nonsense

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, chaihot said:

I haven't been in Thailand since January and consequently, haven't seen my wife or dogs since then.

But is anyone else not in a hurry to return?  I'm still in the USA with full freedoms; eating in restaurants; not having restrictions and checkpoints.  

Work has separated us for long periods before, and this is another one of those circumstances beyond our control.  I have NO interest in going to Thailand so that I can pay 50,000 for quarantine -- AND not be able to go "out".

not having restrictions and checkpoints.  ... and you want tell us that this is good??

you are really not very smart...

You have the full freedom to get infected. I hope you will enjoy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2