Trump says U.S. to pull some troops from Germany over NATO spending feud

webfact

3 hours ago, franzs said:

It would be great for Europe when the Atomic-Nation USA get out with all it's troops and A-bombs.

We in Europe have now no more threat from the east like 70 years ago, it is the US try to convince us that there is a threat.

The biggest threat for us is a moron US President to launch an atomic war with the east from European soil.

I would usually disagree with you, after all conflicts have been and are occuring all the time, Kosovo, Ukraine, Crimea and not too long ago, Croatia, Bosnia, Georgia. However, NATO is so toothless these days that I begin to wonder what's the point of having an army.

Trump may be a Moron but I think even he wouldn't go that far.

9 hours ago, stevenl said:

Are US troops there to protect Germany or is it in the US interests those troops are there?

Withdrawing back to the US would IMO be a strategic mistake, moving to e.g. Poland would be excellent.

NATO. But yeah, I'd be cool with moving troops to Poland. Good idea.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Good luck next time Trump or the US asks for Europe's military forces and intelligence support in the Middle East region and Africa. 

Yeah, and good luck to Euros we have bailed you out in two world wars, eh? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, meechai said:

Cut them to zero or rent the guarding service out.

Times are hard & getting harder there is no reason not to pull in the Military that is costing USA $$$

to protect those that can dang well protect themselves

Charity begins at home ????

So why are their so many US troops in the Gulf region?

If the US really wants to save money by bringing their troops home, try NOT invading other countries, stop blockading Iran, Venezuela, and many other countries. There are 37,000 troops in S Korea, why not pull some of them back?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Why shouldn't Germany pay the USA the full amount of the cost of keeping troops in Germany.  The UK paid Germany for winning the war because it had to borrow money from the USA to fight the war and only paid of the loan this century. 

...and who do you think is paying for all the US bases in Germany? Maintenance, civilians, security??? 

It's Germany. 

If you can't forget that you had to pay for the victory (without US help you would have a Chancellor Angela Merkel instead of a Clown) and that this defeated and destroyed country is now Number One in Europe..... then truly it must hurt you! 

Poor mate, Yesterday little man. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Alex said:

Oh I don't know.... I kinda think what Germany wants has something to do with whether foreign troops are on their soil for decades. Blaming it all on America just doesn't make much sense at all to a logical person.

There was a time when Germany and the USA and other countries worked together in NATO. They worked well together.

And then the USA started to invade countries on their own. That didn't help. And then Americans elected this incompetent moron which made things worse.

What are the common goals from the USA and Europe now? Things changed, a lot! It's time to reevaluate the situation. US troupes in Germany and the rest of Europe are part of that reevaluation.

Some Germans like the US troupes in Germany because they spend money in Germany. That's like tourists in Thailand. The countries like the money but often not so much the people who bring the money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tug said:

Putin must be absolutely delighted he’s doing a wonderful job for the russan federation but for us here in the USA not so much

Troops pulled out of Germany are supposed to go to Poland if I am correct. Just as close to Putin as can be.

Edited by hugocnx
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1