Pattaya: Just another night in the "Family Resort" - drunk driver, threats to fight police, lynching, injuries, baseball bat

webfact

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

This is the real PANDEMIC worse than any Virus can ever produce in this country!  They have taken ever cue from the outside world how to handle Covid, it is time they do the same for driving!  If they take the time to address this real PANDEMIC as they have done with the Virus in a year Thailand will be out of the top 2 in deaths!

Pandemic is world wide.

12 hours ago, johng said:

Yes you are correct :shock1:

I only looked at this photo

83046761_1365150533676278_7925791395252513938_o.jpg.87bf762a7d5f7f864c84a8af74a4005e.jpg.6f69616e90cefaa12091da4294450c2b.jpg

which to me looks like the front of the BMW...should have looked at the others too before "jumping" to conclusions  !

Thats the back of the Beamer, anybody who is still unsure lokk at the position of the index plate and  the sat/nav gps module on the roof never fitted on the front, there is also tyre marks leading to the BMW where it has been shunted.

12 hours ago, johng said:

Yes you are correct :shock1:

I only looked at this photo

83046761_1365150533676278_7925791395252513938_o.jpg.87bf762a7d5f7f864c84a8af74a4005e.jpg.6f69616e90cefaa12091da4294450c2b.jpg

which to me looks like the front of the BMW...should have looked at the others too before "jumping" to conclusions  !

Thats the back of the Beamer, anybody who is still unsure look at the position of the index plate and  the sat/nav gps module on the roof never fitted on the front, there is also tyre marks leading to the BMW where it has been shunted.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Police were called after a completely drunk Vigo driver plowed into a motorcycle carrying a Chinese tourist,

Wait until the only Chinese tourist in Thailand gets home and tells his mates about this.  At least he/she didn't drown in Pattaya Bay.  

19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Another "don't you know who I am" no mark !

I hope Chaiyaphon Pumkin gets the book thrown at him.

Not behavior of a drunk person, but certainly that of a person on drugs, Maybe methamphetamine or similar.

13 hours ago, newnative said:

This same news packet has another story about a drunk driver in Samut Prakan plowing into nine cars and then making a big scene at the hospital.  Why is the Pattaya story given the highlight spot at the top, I wonder. 

Because this is the  Pattaya Forum, and the source a Pattaya centric one?

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Police were called after a completely drunk Vigo driver plowed into a motorcycle carrying a Chinese tourist, a BMW and a power pole. 

Hope they arrested the motorcycle driver for carrying all that

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Because this is the  Pattaya Forum, and the source a Pattaya centric one?

I don't think so.  The set of news stories I get in my email from 'Thaivisa.com News Editor'--usually once or twice a day--covers all of Thailand and also has news items sometimes from Cambodia, USA, Europe, etc.  I think this same packet of stories had one about Trump trying to block the Bolton book--nothing to do with Pattaya.  I assume people in Bangkok and elsewhere on Thai Visa get the same packet of news items sent to their email that I get.   I'm still thinking it's because people like to read abut bad things happening in Pattaya rather than Samut Prakam--wherever that is.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, midasthailand said:

A Chinese tourist????? When were the borders re-opened???

He was probably already in thailand at the time of the borders closure

and for some reasons he has prefered to stay here rather than go back to China.

Some westerners tourists are still here also, they can say thank you to the Thai

visa amnisty untill the 31 july on their overstays

On 6/17/2020 at 11:10 AM, NanLaew said:

Looks to me like it's facing the same way as the pickup. It was parked kerbside opposite the 7 eleven and was rear-ended by Captain Invincible in his souped-up pickup (in his shreddies).

exactly....

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You don't, that is what it says at the top of the Page.....Pattaya Forum/ Pattaya News.....

Yes, the story is filed under the 'Pattaya Forum' as it relates to Pattaya.  On the news files I get in my email from the Thaivisa Editor, there are always 2 'top stories' chosen, which are given star billing in boxes at the top of the email, and then they also appear below in the list of news stories.  They can relate to any forum or just be general news not specific to one forum. 

When you click to read a story it does take you to the appropriate forum.  I clicked on a Chiang Mai immigration story today and it took me to the Chiang Mai Forum.  The point I was making was Pattaya's story of someone acting badly was chosen as a 'Top Story' to be given top publicity rather than an equally or worse story of something similar happening in a different city.  So, two drunk driver stories happening at the same time in different cities.   Why was Pattaya's story deemed a featured 'Top Story' and not the other one is what I was asking.  

14 hours ago, newnative said:

Why was Pattaya's story deemed a featured 'Top Story' and not the other one is what I was asking.  

What was the other city? It may well be of lesser interest to the general board audience. As a Pattaya resident, a story about some drunk driver dancing around in his underpants with a traffic cone on his head, is far more interesting to me than a similar event in Hua Hin. I might just know the guy!

Edited by jacko45k

On 6/17/2020 at 8:07 PM, Road Warrior said:

more thai driving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You call it driving? It's somehow like propelling the vehicle in a forward motion at high speed with little or no idea!