EU chief executive: no post-Brexit deal without 'level playing field'

webfact

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

They realised they dropped one taking the eu s 30pieces of silver and are now scared of asking to reunion the United kingdom  and getting knocked back,politicians will never admit they,'re wrong no matter what the cost to the country they purport to serve.

Almost like Brexit really.

Politicians and their supporters will see out their actions no matter what the damage to the country.

Is leaving the EU popular in the Irish Republic? Or is it just the politicians holding the country in against their will?

• Like 1

"Another effort from Boris to trying to " tunneling  the Brexit negotiation "…..failed once more …..and he need so desperate good news for his voters ????"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-talks-boris-johnson-emmanuel-macron-france-uk-a9574286.html

Brexit: ‘No sense’ dragging out trade talks into autumn, Johnson tells Macron

Boris Johnson has told Emmanuel Macron that it “makes no sense” to extend post-Brexit trade talks beyond the end of the summer, in talks during the French president’s one-day visit to London.

Mr Johnson is eager to seal agreement on a future trade and security partnership with the EU swiftly, as the lack of progress so far has heightened the danger of an economically disruptive no-deal crash-out at the end of the Brexit transition period in December.

But the French president is understood to be reluctant to discuss the trade deal on a bilateral basis, insisting that UK negotiations must be with the 27-nation bloc as a whole.

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Almost like Brexit really.

Politicians and their supporters will see out their actions no matter what the damage to the country.

Is leaving the EU popular in the Irish Republic? Or is it just the politicians holding the country in against their will?

who knows,but difficult to form a judgement while the government refuses it's citizens a vote.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 1:44 PM, JonnyF said:

It really hasn't sunk in yet, has it Ursula. We're leaving. We don't want all the "benefits" of being in the EU thanks, that's why we voted to leave.

I believe it has with pretty much everybody...The UK already left...

Both the UK and the EU understand it needs a trade deal ASAP. Business is too much intertwined. 

We're past the whole "we want to leave" part. This part we need solutions as a result of the "we want to leave part". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

it becomes a habit your not understanding or better called deciphering …..????

Congratulations,you,'ve finally discovered its decipher not decifer keep up the good work and one day you might write a post people can understand.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Congratulations,you,'ve finally discovered its decipher not decifer keep up the good work and one day you might write a post people can understand.

you mean ….. that YOU can understand , ???? but you are right my English writing is awful ( my school time only French German and my native language was important...., so i never learned English …)…. , most time that "not understand " is because no proper reply to it comes in mind from the Brexit boys  ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

you mean ….. that YOU can understand , ???? but you are right my English writing is awful ( my school time only French German and my native language was important...., so i never learned English …)…. , most time that "not understand " is because no proper reply to it comes in mind from the Brexit boys  ????

Who's the "brexit boys"?don,t women get the vote wherever you come from?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Who's the "brexit boys"?don,t women get the vote wherever you come from?

yes ,but I don't see here Brexit woman's ….. we are dealing here with Brexit boys or not ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Indeed many ex colonial countries are light years away from utopias, as the UK is also. Emigration to the UK (And in fact to Europe as a whole) is far from simple and has many different causes, one of the most significant ones currently is climate change in the Sahel, that makes it impossible for people there to live off the land any longer.

Ok, let's look at the countries top of the list of migration to the UK:

Poland, India, Pakistan, Romania, Ireland, Germany, Italy, South Africa, Bangladesh, China. No sign of Sahel countries there. Plenty of former British colonies though. So I think Kingdong's question was a valid one. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Tims Tams are ok but Thai Tivoli is better imo  its VB and Barramundi id like here, vegimite is <deleted> though. 

Those 400m people etc arnt going anywhere and Europe isnt going anywhere either nor the UK, its independence thats all.

There will be a deal on trade, if not initially one will happen in the not too distant future, most business knows this already, its just currently media/political posturing  atm as this phase of the  game isnt yet over. The UK will however have unfettered access to the rest of the globe to do deals with, Thats worth a lot lot more and far greater potential including and very likely with the EU too, or it risks its competitors in certain markets out competing them for the £ like beef or lamb as youve pointed out. or maybe chocolate wafers like Tim Tams over liddle wafers.   .. really its a good position to be in.

Since the plague, the ability of having an independent more nimble and regulatory flexible approach has become self evident, most economists and financial heads I know accept that, ask Italy what being thrown under the bus is like or Germany  being told to pay 42% more in... 

I had no issues with quality commonwealth meat before and wont have in the future,  just wait until we do a deal with the USA .. good luck competing with beef prices and efficiency then. you can fight it out with NZ for the lamb for quality and price. Welsh and Scottish livestock farmers will have to up their game and become more efficient then, thats a good thing too. They have gotten too fat on EU handouts nd become slovenly in efficiency for too long imo anyway. 

The rest of the globe is waiting to make trade deals with, and the UK is most likely going to become even more of a financial powerhouse thanks to the city and decoupling from ever tightening banking/investment regulations no doubt helped by HK soon going the way of the dodo,  we will be just fine. 

No pain, no gain. 

spot on,all the farms near me are doing boot fairs,nice little earner all cash in hand,and getting paid by the eu not to milk their cows or plant anything,as you said they,'re going to have to get their act together,the eu gravy train has  hit the buffers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, david555 said:

ng tru E.U. and being very greatfull for those very extended territorial waters ,as

5 hours ago, david555 said:

If citizens from any member state can convince their own goverment to leave E.U. they can follow the same route as U.K. did ......

As any country is intitled to their own stupidity as that other now third country did ???? , you could rephrase and understand it as such  ????

From a comprehension aspect: Pot Calling Kettle....How Do You Read?..Over...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

yes ,but I don't see here Brexit woman's ….. we are dealing here with Brexit boys or not ?

I,'ve got nothing to say to you,and there's nothing you,'ve got to say that I want to view,( not that I can understand any of it)so i,'ve put you on ignore,please return the compliment

• Haha 2

Brexit thread #3432234

Same arguements from both sides.

Yes, we will continue to buy cars from Europe, deal or no deal. If prices go up, sales go down and consumers look elsewhere. Vendors then start discounting to be more competitive or they sell elsewhere. But where, is the question?

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Sorry i did not realize your IQ level is not sufficiant  , it seems a general brexiteers problem , the other group seems to be able to decifer most of my postings  ????....

Must be the brexiteers frustrations as the Germans dont mind their losses against giving in one cm on U.K.????

???? 

Get a spellchecker - it will falsely upgrade your IQ.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

If the population of an EU country wants a referendum on leaving the EU, it can be done in all 27 countries through democratic mechanisms.

But so far none of the 27 EU countries see the need.

What for?

There should be then a clearly better and understandable improvement for the population.

One can criticize the EU as an organization and try to improve it constructively. But for the majority of the population, in all EU countries, the benefits outweigh. 

Peace on the continent.

Collaboration.

Free movement and freedom of living, work and life planning within the EU borders.

Freedom of travel.

Product safety.

Labor protection rights.

Environmental protection and sustainability.

Freedom of trade.

Erasmus and joint science projects.

Galileo.

Data protection rights.

ECRIS, ESMA, EUCARIS, EPA, FRONTEX,

EMA, EDQM, EudraLex, Interpol, Euroatom, ECJ, etc.

Innovation funding programs.

European food information regulation.

Consumer protection.

Defined trade agreements with 70 non-EU countries.

Leaving the EU would be stupid without a good alternative plan. In the Brexit process, which has now been going on for 4 years (June 23, 2016), I see nothing, zero, nada, except for the blue passports.

And a lot has changed in the world over the past 4 years. Corvid and a no Plan Brexit, an economic double low punch.

Galileo Figaro!

14 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Get a spellchecker - it will falsely upgrade your IQ.

can you give me a tip , as this was send by my mobile and yes I don't have a spellchecker on that one , never found one who check instant , only manual way and that is to much time consuming .

So that's the trick you use....good find ! 5555

Edited by david555

13 hours ago, kingdong said:

In a word....poontang,you really should try getting out and about a bit more,have you ever been to thailand?

I live in Thailand (CM) for over half the year, and have done for over 5 years. 

I speak Thai at a moderate level but do not recognise, "Poontang" neither does my Thai sound dictionary, or my Thai girlfriend.

Write it in Thai script if you can.

Guess you thought you were being smart............ note from teacher.........must try harder!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

If the population of an EU country wants a referendum on leaving the EU, it can be done in all 27 countries through democratic mechanisms.

But so far none of the 27 EU countries see the need.

What for?

There should be then a clearly better and understandable improvement for the population.

One can criticize the EU as an organization and try to improve it constructively. But for the majority of the population, in all EU countries, the benefits outweigh. 

Peace on the continent.

Collaboration.

Free movement and freedom of living, work and life planning within the EU borders.

Freedom of travel.

Product safety.

Labor protection rights.

Environmental protection and sustainability.

Freedom of trade.

Erasmus and joint science projects.

Galileo.

Data protection rights.

ECRIS, ESMA, EUCARIS, EPA, FRONTEX,

EMA, EDQM, EudraLex, Interpol, Euroatom, ECJ, etc.

Innovation funding programs.

European food information regulation.

Consumer protection.

Defined trade agreements with 70 non-EU countries.

Leaving the EU would be stupid without a good alternative plan. In the Brexit process, which has now been going on for 4 years (June 23, 2016), I see nothing, zero, nada, except for the blue passports.

And a lot has changed in the world over the past 4 years. Corvid and a no Plan Brexit, an economic double low punch.

The problem we have here thomach is that you are giving reasons why the UK should remain whilst ignoring the reasons why we want to leave, they are both completely different, in 4 years you or your contemporaries have failed to acknowledge our reasons for leaving.

As for the other 27 countries in the bloc, many are borderline cases in respect to leaving and the biggest worry the EU may have is that the UK does do well outside your bloc they too may want to leave as well. When we joined this operation little did we realise what we were joining and I just wonder how many other countries felt the same. It was supposed to be for making trading with one another easier not this huge federal state it has morphed into. The EU doesn't like to have its power challenged as shown by the mocking of our PM at the time Mrs May, laughing behind her back, making snide remarks about her and the citizens of our country that defied the EU and voted to leave. She may have been a useless PM, but she was still our PM, secret recordings of Barnier and the likes of Tusks making derogative remarks about the UK, it didn't help the bonding of ourselves and the EU and we are still getting the snide remarks on here from mainly the Germans, Belgiums and the Dutch, why they feel the need to insult someone who has a different opinion to themselves is quite remarkable and only makes the need to leave the EU only greater.

• Like 1