Ban 'racist Black Pete' Jesse Jackson writes Dutch PM Rutte

webfact

The cartoon movie of Aladin voiced over by the late Robin Williams is currently being screened by Sky Movies and carries a warning for sensitive viewers, "this film has outdated attitudes, language and cultural depictions which may cause offence today" Something gotta change.☹️????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, robblok said:

The guy is wrong has no clue about this practice. I certainly am not racist never saw this as racist. Its just a tradition for kids. When we get older we know its not real. People can get offended about anything but this certainly has no racist meaning. Its a kids holiday for crying out loud. 

It has no relation to real black people at all, the stuff they wear is based on the clothes worn by nobility in the 16th century. They are spreading candy. So much for discrimination. 

If you want to fight discrimination go after real stuff, there is enough of it.

You can't see it because you grew up with it. 

Often outsiders have insights natives are blind to. 

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Frenske said:

The Netherlands used to be relaxed and easy-going multicultural society. Now some people feel offended over something that happened hundreds of years ago. How do you create racism? Divide a country in black and white and there it is. Don’t start a fire where there isn’t one.

Btw black Peet is the good guy and seen as a hero by the Dutch kids

Yes strangely that is not mentioned by so many. I mean the white guy is forgetful makes a mistake and the black guy comes to safe the day. They are both worshiped by kids. Not sure how that is a bad thing. 

I said it before plenty of real racism going around. Go after that. It is funny how an American a country that has shown it has enough racism of its own has to go after a Dutch holiday. 

59 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Interesting to learn that chimney soot results in thick lips. 

Try to sell your excuses to someone else. 

Thick Lips really?, I know that Botox Does, so do we ban that as well, just like banning the Brazilian Butt Lift.  Where does the insanity stop?

• Like 2