UK beach town raises alarm as huge crowds ignore COVID advice and flock to the coast

webfact

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When a government acts against the wishes of the people, it's time for an election and a new government.

Nobody cares about COVID, apart from a few nutters, let the people decide on the risks they want to take.

If they want to visit the beach, why not, if you want to cower in fear in your home, you are equally welcome.

What one decides, does not affect anyone else.

The people want anarchy! 
Where’s Anonymous when we need them? 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 473geo said:

England gets on with opening up as the danger and death rates subside - media needs stories and predictions of doom

Life is good

People congregating like this could cause a spike in the infection rates , which will mean the UK locking down again and for longer

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its nothing to do with Dominic Cummings .

The UK population saw all the BLM protestors congregating on the streets and they all thought to their selves, if they can congregate in parks, I can go to the beach and congregate 

If they can shoot themselves in the foot, I can do it too. 

54 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

People congregating like this could cause a spike in the infection rates , which will mean the UK locking down again and for longer

Yeah yeah.....could, might, maybe, possibly, perhaps all words bandied about in the tabloids and taken as fact by the gullible........I just don't recognise a spike deaths from the mystical 'second wave' we keep hearing about. Remember if none of those guys on the beach are over sixty they carry little or no chance of serious damage from covid.

11 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Yeah yeah.....could, might, maybe, possibly, perhaps all words bandied about in the tabloids and taken as fact by the gullible........I just don't recognise a spike deaths from the mystical 'second wave' we keep hearing about. Remember if none of those guys on the beach are over sixty they carry little or no chance of serious damage from covid.

I do think its safe to say that the Corona virus is spread from person to person and people congregating will help spread the virus .

The virus does mainly effect old and ill people , yeah , younger fit people should go right on as normal and catching and spreading the virus and dont worry about all the older and ill people all dying  , after all, they are all OK and wont be effected , unless the virus mutates and gets stronger and younger people start to become more effected 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

They care about their health and that of their families and friends.

They wear a face mask whilst driving a motorcycle at top speed with no crash helmet,gloves and wearing flip flops..ohh and don't forget the very powerful amulet that will ward off danger

(not WuFlu though that requires a mask)

• Like 1

with a leader who provides such clean cut instructions and some members of the government not respecting their own rules, .... no roadmap and/or supervision, selfish people brainless activities it's the perfect recipe for disaster

Boris Johnson on Tuesday confirmed that pubs and other leisure businesses can re-open from 4 July, as the UK prime minister relaxed social distancing rules from two metres to one metre.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-johnson-1m-social-distancing-114206188.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueWFob28uY29tL25ld3MvY29yb25hdmlydXMtY292aWQtMTktcHVicy1yZS1vcGVuaW5nLTQtanVseS1ib3Jpcy1qb2huc29uLTExNDUwNTYyOS5odG1s&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABPDOpw14C2637hu6zrGPKDItNPhncBikfpZTRA7elVA4XaFw0gvQt61SfkmFH2Ld3D16My5ei629xxe9CqjQMls3lhKc7LYidXGaWPLRCWumYI_wfzC4PGMbTH-cYK8ZAYRFmTWqoaSHumCT1NGH2IhPhPi7bvqCU_lCA9s-ytM

"" Johnson said: “Where it is possible to keep two metres apart, people should. But where it is not, we will advise people to keep a social distance of one metre plus, meaning they should remain one metre apart while taking mitigations to reduce the risk of transmission.”

6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

with a leader who provides such clean cut instructions and some members of the government not respecting their own rules, .... no roadmap and/or supervision, selfish people brainless activities it's the perfect recipe for disaster

Boris Johnson on Tuesday confirmed that pubs and other leisure businesses can re-open from 4 July, as the UK prime minister relaxed social distancing rules from two metres to one metre.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-johnson-1m-social-distancing-114206188.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueWFob28uY29tL25ld3MvY29yb25hdmlydXMtY292aWQtMTktcHVicy1yZS1vcGVuaW5nLTQtanVseS1ib3Jpcy1qb2huc29uLTExNDUwNTYyOS5odG1s&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABPDOpw14C2637hu6zrGPKDItNPhncBikfpZTRA7elVA4XaFw0gvQt61SfkmFH2Ld3D16My5ei629xxe9CqjQMls3lhKc7LYidXGaWPLRCWumYI_wfzC4PGMbTH-cYK8ZAYRFmTWqoaSHumCT1NGH2IhPhPi7bvqCU_lCA9s-ytM

"" Johnson said: “Where it is possible to keep two metres apart, people should. But where it is not, we will advise people to keep a social distance of one metre plus, meaning they should remain one metre apart while taking mitigations to reduce the risk of transmission.”

We need to replace this inept and inaccurate ruler with sixty million tape measures. 

• Haha 1

Good grief you guys are panic stricken and falling hook line and sinker for scraps of doom prediction thrown your way

Just have a walk around your local supermarket, enclosed, people in the same proximity as the beach it has been like this for over a fortnight now, don't even see the basket handles cleaned, so where are the 'spikes'?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I do think its safe to say that the Corona virus is spread from person to person and people congregating will help spread the virus .

The virus does mainly effect old and ill people , yeah , younger fit people should go right on as normal and catching and spreading the virus and dont worry about all the older and ill people all dying  , after all, they are all OK and wont be effected , unless the virus mutates and gets stronger and younger people start to become more effected 

'Unless the virus mutates and gets stronger' where is there any evidence of this?

4 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Good grief you guys are panic stricken and falling hook line and sinker for scraps of doom prediction thrown your way

Just have a walk around your local supermarket, enclosed, people in the same proximity as the beach it has been like this for over a fortnight now, don't even see the basket handles cleaned, so where are the 'spikes'?

I will listen to the advice of virus control experts , those who have studied the control of viruses , rather than posters on TVF

9 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

There are some pretty smart people out there who believe the reason nobody has come up with a vaccine HIV/AIDS is because the virus doesn't exist.

As far as I know, the current coronavirus has not actually been put through the rigorous testing regime which traditionally applies.

Never mind. Whether it's real or not, just "follow the science".

It should be amended to "pretty smart but insane people". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

You want me to provide evidence to something that I said might happen in the future ?

Think about it . 

Well you run scared and let the rest of us get on with life, because you are way off beam with your 'predictions' and I doubt you are listening to any other advice than your own imaginary scenarios.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Normally virus mutate and get weaker.

A virus that kills it's carrier is ineffective, that's evolution in action.

First of all, this virus doesn't kill most people. Secondly, even if it did, if on average if it infected more than 1 person before its host died, it would still spread.  It's true that over time viruses tend to become less virulent. But the less lethal it is, the longer that would take. And it's tendency over time to become less lethal is by no means unidirectional.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Can you come up with a way for nations to exclude the Britons who behave foolishly during the pandemic from those who don't? It doesn't seem like it's just a few who are jeopardizing their own health and that of others. 

["It doesn't seem like it's just a few”] that depends if you see the actions of a minority as the actions of a nation. 

The overcrowding at at time of social distancing is one despicable facet of these self-centred people, the state of the beaches after they left is atrocious.

It’s highly embarrassing (as Brit), but this chavy behaviour is not representative of a nation. Unfortunately, it is representative of a proportion of society, soft laws have enabled this.

Pretty much everyone I know would turn around and go home if they ever saw a beach this busy under normal circumstances. Who wants to be in a crowd of that many people at a beach? 

4 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Fully agree ban all Brits until UK is covid free - no problem

No problem because you have not been absent from your family.

The quarantine and testing prevent the risk of further spread - so, why would you want to ban specifically Brits?

Would you also want to ban Thai’s entering Thailand from the UK or is it ‘just every single person of British Nationality’ you would ban?

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

["It doesn't seem like it's just a few”] that depends if you see the actions of a minority as the actions of a nation. 

The overcrowding at at time of social distancing is one despicable facet of these self-centred people, the state of the beaches after they left is atrocious.

It’s highly embarrassing (as Brit), but this chavy behaviour is not representative of a nation. Unfortunately, it is representative of a proportion of society, soft laws have enabled this.

Pretty much everyone I know would turn around and go home if they ever saw a beach this busy under normal circumstances. Who wants to be in a crowd of that many people at a beach? 

Its not just the beaches though is it ?

The numerous demonstrations and counter demonstrations in various UK towns and cities .

Numerous illegal raves , football fans congregating , it does seem quite widespread  

• Like 1

Sweden will be much better in the 2nd and 3rd wave than countries destroying their economies to flatten the first wave. Sweden will have fewer deaths from the coming vaccine too. Sweden knew they'd get hit hard but also figured they'd most all survive and be that much ahead while the rest of Europe is still dealing with the Covid-19.  Those on the beach may all have already had Covid-19 or decided they'd rather catch it and get over it now than later. The media is lying about how deadly the virus is and not telling the truth about who is dying from Covid-19. Most on those beaches have no reason to fear their own death from Covid-19.

• Like 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

We are pretty much back to normal here in Thailand , just a few precautionary measures still being taken , Thailand has handled it very well, just 53 deaths and 3000 infections .

Compared to the UK's 300 000 infections and 50 000 deaths and the virus hasnt been controlled yet and theres a distinct possibility that there could be a second wave .

We may have been "running scared" of the virus here in Thailand............but we conquered it .

Touch & go as to whether there will be a spike in contractions in the UK and then you will all then have to get locked down again 

Let me explain, you are making comments based on a photograph of people on the beach, actually the British public have been rather relaxed about masks, congregating and social distancing, something you will know little about. this leads me to believe the virus has effectively run it's course and is no longer the danger it originally was. Hence my reaction to all the political rubbish and the what if statements on this thread.

Thailand has every right to keep out people from areas where there is still infection.

Why don't we just wait and see the exact impact of the day at the beach eh!!