UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

41 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So we are agreed that the EU is protectionist. Why shouldn't the UK enjoy cheaper products from anywhere in the world?

Uh? EU never wanted to stop UK to do that, and would no have any way to do so anyway.

What UK agrees with countries outside EU is not EU business. Everyone agrees on that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Actually, it may not be their business but it most likely will affect them...favorably. If the UK lowers its tariffs without special agreements. then under world trade rules it has to grant those reductions to all members of the WTO. One of those members is the EU.

True. So it will be easier for EU to sell in UK. Thank you ????

But there is no reciprocity; EU will keep its tariff for UK wanting to sell in EU, same as with other countrie on WTO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? EU never wanted to stop UK to do that, and would no have any way to do so anyway.

What UK agrees with countries outside EU is not EU business. Everyone agrees on that.

That's what EU tariffs have done to the EU, while collecting tax for the EU! Did you not understand that? 
Now that we have left, it is not EU business although they would still like it to be. Are we agreed on that?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Loiner said:

1) You are trying to explain the unexplainable with selective eurobabble. Why explain for example how the EU tariff on Oranges saves our UK farmers? Now that we have left, we control which tariffs are applied, not the EU.

2) Post-Brexit the UK can control import of cheapened products from countries like India as necessary. While in the EU we could not control the export of jobs to low-wage countries like Poland. (Or the import of low wage and low skilled workers from there.) Glad we are out.

3) Nothing underhanded at all, I'm only too happy to enrich the UK with any type of money from the EU. I've been disgusted for years how the EU has taken UK money.

The EU will not do business with criminals???? You ARE the criminals and have been dealing with other criminals for years.

1. What a stupid question.

The UK grow oranges? 

2. Even in a Brexit UK, the UK cannot prevent relocation from Companies 

abroad. Or should all companies be nationalized?

3. Unfortunately only shouting without substance. Therefore I save my comment. Logically you say that the UK politicians of the past 40 years have all been stupid.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

And also there, they only pay a handful of taxes. 

The EU will shortly be regulating this.

Brussels Taxing the digital economy: Commission proposes new measures to make all companies in the EU pay fair taxes

yeah right,these things take time,its only been 47 years so far,and when are the eu golng to present a set of accounts?not holding my breath to see it in my lifetime.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kingdong said:

yeah right,these things take time,its only been 47 years so far,and when are the eu golng to present a set of accounts?not holding my breath to see it in my lifetime.

47 years? Well, the New Economy doesn't exist for that long. But I agree with you that the EU is a slow shop. But when laws come out, they are mostly well thought out and have a long life. The British have worked well in the past in the EU.

6 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

47 years? Well, the New Economy doesn't exist for that long. But I agree with you that the EU is a slow shop. But when laws come out, they are mostly well thought out and have a long life. The British have worked well in the past in the EU.

like freedom of movement and beneflts payments to eu citizens?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

i no like it,one way street 2 million eu citizns in uk,too easy to get benefit in uk,unless you british .uk must pay benefit to lazy eu people under eu rules and cannot say sling your hook,thats why british people vote leave,is good thing for british people,yes?

There are studies on. A minority of EU foreigners abuse the system. Not just in the UK only. But the majority are hardworking and pay taxes too. Without the EU foreigners, the British crop industry and the sick and elderly would suffer. It is important to differentiate between EU foreigners and non-EU foreigners who come from the former British colonies.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

a ponce is a ponce no matter where they,re from,and the uk has enough indigenous ponces so british people say leave eu,eu has lots of ponces from all over the world who all want to come to britain,we have too much poncing already without importing more.

Well, then everything is fine. With Brexit, foreigners will no longer come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I will add this to my list. Too many non Brits telling Brits what is good for them and give us your money. You need the EU and you need to give us your fishing rights and do what we say. Same mantra being spewed for years. Finally the people got the opportunity to say no. No more.

Accept it or stop talking a load of old tripe.

You've got to get ready, I'm not telling you what is good for you (as a non Brit) - BUT in real life, the Continent is just ( edited: 20 miles/France and the Continent)  away - Brexit or no Brexit - Accept it

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/oct/08/uk-fishing-exports-48-hours-no-deal-brexit

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Opl said:

You've got to get ready, I'm not telling you what is good for you (as a non Brit) - BUT in real life, the Continent is just 300 miles away - Brexit or no Brexit - Accept it

I do believe its more like 20 miles away , France from the UK

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

post withdrawal, ie as of next year - yes

pre withdrawal, third party trade is the Commission's responsibiity

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

1. What a stupid question.

The UK grow oranges? 

2. Even in a Brexit UK, the UK cannot prevent relocation from Companies 

abroad. Or should all companies be nationalized?

3. Unfortunately only shouting without substance. Therefore I save my comment. Logically you say that the UK politicians of the past 40 years have all been stupid.

1. Exactly why the UK does not need EU tariffs. We do not grow oranges, so will be able to import them more cheaply without the EU tariff which protects the Spanish growers.

2. Now we are out of the EU, we don't have to watch EU grant factory relocations to the EU and the same products being imported back to the UK. We can provide state aid where we need to or apply tariffs to EU imports.

4. Yes, the politicians of the past 40 years have been stupid. Fortunately, we are now free of that political Europhile stupidity.

• Like 2

hallelujah

555. Yes.

Have you ever looked at the age structure of the population pyramid in the UK?

In addition to the horrendous debts, the few young Britons also have to earn pensions for the big group of aging pensioners.

And life expectancy is also increasing.

I am excited to see what well-paid high-tech products the UK will deliver over the next 20 years to supply the growing army of the elderly without immigration. Not to mention the possibilities of international market access.

Hallelujah.

• Like 2