Visa amnesty extended to September 30?

I would never stay with an amnesty, good that I have an ed visa and can live without have to worry to leave the country. What foreigners will do after the amnesty will ends? They will have to leave and I think it will be very difficult to come back in Thailand again. Too many restrictions

15 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

I would never stay with an amnesty, good that I have an ed visa and can live without have to worry to leave the country. What foreigners will do after the amnesty will ends? They will have to leave and I think it will be very difficult to come back in Thailand again. Too many restrictions

Jus tgo back and come back to thailand if everything is ok again. why are u stressing? imagine having a education visa when you are 32 years old.. that is something to worry about ???? the thai language is soooo interesting and opens doors in the wide world for you ????

51 minutes ago, E020 said:

Jus tgo back and come back to thailand if everything is ok again. why are u stressing? imagine having a education visa when you are 32 years old.. that is something to worry about ???? the thai language is soooo interesting and opens doors in the wide world for you ????

Yes you a full honour degree in speaking BS LOL

1 hour ago, E020 said:

I'm looking at it, and I'm well over 32.  The agent-bribe reported to get a Non-Ed 90-day stamp in your passport w/o leaving the country is about 1/4 what it costs to get a Non-O based on supporting a Thai family (even if you meet the income requirements). 

Maybe by December, I can go out to Laos for another Non-O-ME Visa.  If not, just 3K Baht per 90-days agent-money to keep studying.  It would actually benefit my career here to speak better Thai, so "win-win" to do it.

1 hour ago, E020 said:

Laughing at somebody who learns a language? 555

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

I'm looking at it, and I'm well over 32.  The agent-bribe reported to get a Non-Ed 90-day stamp in your passport w/o leaving the country is about 1/4 what it costs to get a Non-O based on supporting a Thai family (even if you meet the income requirements). 

Maybe by December, I can go out to Laos for another Non-O-ME Visa.  If not, just 3K Baht per 90-days agent-money to keep studying.  It would actually benefit my career here to speak better Thai, so "win-win" to do it.

3000 Baht for 90-day ED visa ???  Where does one go to get one of these? ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

3000 Baht for 90-day ED visa ???  Where does one go to get one of these? ????

That is the cost just for the (official) 1,900 baht extension. It does not include the original visa, nor the cost of the education course itself.

• Like 1

While cabinet approval makes an extension to the visa amnesty all but certain, according to Thai law, the new extension must be printed in the Royal Gazette before it is official. It is expected that the new deadline will be published later this week.

Upon publication, full details of the new amnesty will be released. However, it is widely expected that the extension will cover those included in the current visa amnesty. This would consist of any foreigner holding a temporary stay visa for Thailand, including tourist visas, visa-exempt stamp holders, and non-o visas.

Early reports suggest that the extension will be considered as a “grace period” for visa holders to either seek long-term visas or arrange repatriation flights to their home country if possible before September 26th.

To assist with inquiries, both Chiang Mai and Bangkok Immigration Divisions have opened second locations in their respective cities.

Approval CONFIRMED.

Edited by Rockbottom
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, phetchy said:

A link? Thanks.

In Thai here: https://www.thaigov.go.th/news/contents/details/33560

Google translate of the the title.

"5. Subject: Draft notification of the Ministry of Interior regarding granting certain aliens to stay in the Kingdom in special cases (issue ..) 
                   The Cabinet has approved as proposed by the Royal Thai Police as follows: 
                   1. The Immigration Bureau will issue an announcement Specify the period of time for foreigners to proceed according to the Immigration Act 2522 as well as other related laws by September 26, 2020. "

It is an extension of the extension done on April 23rd of the ministerial notice approved on April 7th.

No changes I can see.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

"5. Subject: Draft notification of the Ministry of Interior regarding granting certain aliens to stay in the Kingdom in special cases (issue ..) 
                   1. The Immigration Bureau will issue an announcement Specify the period of time for foreigners to proceed according to the Immigration Act 2522 as well as other related laws by September 26, 2020. "

It is an extension of the extension done on April 23rd of the ministerial notice approved on April 7th.

No changes I can see.

Very well received thanks ????

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

No changes I can see.

Let's see how immigration ends up framing this. My own expectation is that you have until September 26th to request a regular extension (that will run from the end of you current official permission to stay, but might be July 31st) or to leave the country. I believe special extensions to stay past September 26th will be very difficult to get. It is going to be a real mess because I think there are many here who cannot get regular long term extensions, but will simply refuse to go. Agents (for a price) will be able to help many of them, but they will be busy. Expect senior immigration officials to be riding around in brand new Mercedes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

Many are cancelled. Very difficult to get to Australia these days.

True. However impossible over next 2 months? I would plan difficult flight towards September 26 as an excuse to cannot leave Thailand.

You would need show cancelled flights etc.

20 minutes ago, treetops said:

Where are you checking for flights to?  I know for me I have multiple options to get home if I wanted to.

Try then... Chances are your flight will be canceled and you'll be out a few grand.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, acenase said:

There are Limited flights out of Thailand each day. AND They are charging $1,000+ for a flight.

No one is going to pay these outrageous prices when they can stay put in Thailand.

There are thousands of foreigners who are waiting for the borders to open up so they can cross the border and re-apply for their respective visa, but right now the Amnesty is the placeholder until borders open up again.

I don't see why people are getting mad at this, this is actually the first time where people don't need to worry about doing visa runs every 90 days. There hasn't been a better time to be in Thailand than right now.

It's not a nice situation at all actually. Just knowing you have limited time here with no actual process to get a valid visa is really worrying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acenase said:

I don't see why people are getting mad at this, this is actually the first time where people don't need to worry about doing visa runs every 90 days. There hasn't been a better time to be in Thailand than right now.

You think everyone in Thailand is doing visa runs every 90 days? A bit of perspective... Also, there have been better times to be in Thailand than now, so again, perspective please.

I do agree with you that the amnesty is the best solution at the moment though, but that's completely unrelated to the other baseless facts you stated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andux said:

You think everyone in Thailand is doing visa runs every 90 days? A bit of perspective... Also, there have been better times to be in Thailand than now, so again, perspective please

Quite a few people use tourist visas to live in thailand for a year or two. It depends on the person.  That means doing a border hop every 90 days to re-activate their visa or apply for a new one at Malaysia/Cambodia/Laos.

due to the borders being closed, the amnesty allows tourists to live in thailand without worrying about traveling to do a border hop

8 hours ago, andux said:

Try then... Chances are your flight will be canceled and you'll be out a few grand.

I would go on QR837 then QR3.  Bangkok to Doha to London Heathrow.  Here's their records for the last week (and it goes further back) so you can see there's not much chance of Covid cancellations.  If you book a random flight from a search engine then you'd be right.  If you do some basic research then you're almost completely wrong.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/qr837

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/qr3

image.png.e4dc22d9290af01b912a3c2c27a13881.png

Bookable tomorrow for just over 27,000 baht with a return in September so even the price is reasonable.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, acenase said:

Quite a few people use tourist visas to live in thailand for a year or two. It depends on the person.  That means doing a border hop every 90 days to re-activate their visa or apply for a new one at Malaysia/Cambodia/Laos.

due to the borders being closed, the amnesty allows tourists to live in thailand without worrying about traveling to do a border hop

that's what I've been doing on NON-O ME based on Thai spouse. My worry is that it comes to a "sudden end" without me meeting the requirements for 1 year extension or having the possibility for a border hop. I don't have 400k in the bank, I can show 40k+ international transfers from essentially my savings (so might not suffice as proof), 60 day extension used, now on amnesty, visa expiring Dec 2020. 

The permit to stay til Sep 26th is nice, but doesn't really take away the worries. Will visit local IO in a month when I have all the docs and see what happens with 1-yr extension.

Edited by stoicccc

3 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

The permit to stay til Sep 26th is nice, but doesn't really take away the worries. Will visit local IO in a month when I have all the docs and see what happens with 1-yr extension.

Have you used your 60 day extension to visit family? If not you can obtain that and apply for 12 month extension (marriage).

Organize your 2 month of transfers from o/s into your Thai bank now.

• Like 2

I have used the 60day extension, expired June 2nd.
I have a 75k international transfer coming to BKK Bank via Transferwise today, same thing in 30 days again.
And then I will try to go for the 1 year extension.
The only problem I foresee is the source of income and whether they approve it. I have savings but it's 90% in Bitcoin now but also income from writing articles and commissions from affiliate work, neither has zero relation to Thais or Thailand. Would a letter from CEO of either operation along with bank transfer receipts of payments suffice for IO, what do you think? I have no salary receipts or anything like that.