Headache visa case for my daughter

My daughter (Swiss nationality) arrived in Thailand in 2005 with me, with a non-O visa linked to my non-B professional visa, until she was 20 years old. She then started university in Bangkok on an ED visa, until today. She therefore lived in Thailand continuously for over 15 years. She has now finished her studies and cannot find a job because of the situation ... In theory after the amnesty she should leave the country, but where to go? She no longer has family or home in Switzerland. Does anyone have a solution to suggest?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

What about your visa again? can she continue staying with you because you have work here?

if i were you i would ask this to my job for provide me some papers and go to IO and ask them if tis possible or not.

I hope she can. good luck

Since she's over 20, she can't stay based on my Non-B visa, this is what we have been told

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

What about your visa again? can she continue staying with you because you have work here?

the hardest thing is she's consider an adult now, its hard to claim anything under you

After growing up in Thailand i guess she wants to stay here in the future, so marrying a Thai and getting citizenship might be an idea, this is supposed to be relatively easy as a foreign female.

If that's not an option she could contact the university and sign up for anything else to get an ED visa, as far as this is possible now, the deadlines for the coming semester might be over.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, problemfarang said:

if i were you i would ask this to my job for provide me some papers and go to IO and ask them if tis possible or not.

I hope she can. good luck

Dependent child up to 20 year of age.

Foundation visa can be done without going out (it's a volunteering visa non-O). Prepare to pay 40-50-60-70k depending on the greediness of the agent.

Or since she has Swiss citizenship maybe worth trying an experience in Switzerland it looks like a riskier option but might pay off in the future... <removed>

Ps: if she's a graduate makes sense to enroll her in a postgraduate course of her interest also, but I guess will cost more..

Edited by Sundown
off topic comment removed
  • Like 1

Marrying (especially a 20 yo) a thai only to stay in the kingdom surely does not have disaster written all over it.

Elite visa for the win and forget a bout it....... 

Edited by 86Tiger
  • Like 1

don't ruin a child life just to get to stay in thailand, she's 20 is an adult, go back to swiss, i think the swiss are good to their citizen i'm pretty sure they will take care of her, she need to support herself if you cannot manage too, rent, get a job, maybe she will like swiss better then thai

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

Marrying (especially a 20 yo) a thai only to stay in the kingdom surely does not have disaster written all over it.

Reading the OP she apparently is over 20 now since she has already changed to a extension to attend a school from a extension for being a member of .her father's family that has the 20 years old age limit.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:21 PM, Joe2050 said:

Does anyone have a solution to suggest?

I don't, unfortunately, but for as long as I lived in LOS I always assumed that one day the time might come when I had to return home. We ( without PR ) only stayed as temporary guests. Not for nothing are we officially "aliens", and our visas have "non" in front of them.

Does she have no relatives in Switzerland to help her re integrate?

21 hours ago, clorox said:

don't ruin a child life just to get to stay in thailand, she's 20 is an adult, go back to swiss, i think the swiss are good to their citizen i'm pretty sure they will take care of her, she need to support herself if you cannot manage too, rent, get a job, maybe she will like swiss better then thai

This is her home or what she identifies as her home having spent all of her informative years here. Would you like to live somewhere or someplace that was not your home?

A home is not defined by the name or nationality on a passport, but by the human relationships, experiences and connections that an individual makes. 

For the OP my advice would be for her to try to get a job in Thailand and the visa and WP that goes with it. I bet she speaks pretty good Thai and has made some solid friend connections from University and school. Get asking and networking, not the ideal time with covid, but might be worth a look. 

Good luck keeping your family close to home.

• Like 2

This is a heartbreaking situation for the OP and his daughter. I feel for them and hope a solution can be found.

I guess OP was well aware that this situation would arise as his daughter got older. Were no plans or ideas thought of before this time? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, clorox said:

don't ruin a child life just to get to stay in thailand

i was refering too get marry to stay

yes i understand she been in thailand all her life and its hard anywhere else, maybe can can stay with some one in swiss or airbnb, rent an apartment for a few month like taking a vacation and come back when everything is normal,  well now she get to stay until end of sept, hope you make plan for her

Edited by clorox