Beard Growing -

Pilotman

6 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Thai girls in general don't like beards (so was I told).

Probably because Thai men can't have a proper beard. Have you ever seen a Thai man with a beard.

Just a few fluffy hair in his face, like a teenager.

Thai biker: 

image.png.420647d689531109ea774f6170629cc2.png

I stopped shaving once I got to college.  But the U.S. Peace Corps made me shave it when I went in early 1977.  I grew it back very shortly thereafter.   1978 wedding pic and one in 2019 after 41 years of blissful marriage. :cheesy:  My wife doesn't care about the beard.

image.jpeg.6db9be81a4597b540e42a02c0b03231e.jpeg  image.jpeg.db01d37ed67e1b712921118f46e10a63.jpeg

6 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

• Like 1

Most people who have a beard or facial coverage like mustash or so are seen as if they have to hide somehung. Because the expression of the skin is covered.

That is why 'bad' people have facial coverage.

Some have it because they are followers and just want to be the same as the fashion trend are.

A very few us it to coverup (bad) scars or to look more mature.

In general beard and facial coverage are seen as that someone has to hide something.

Even studies showed the difference when a person had a facial coverage or just clean shaved.

In most cases the clean shaved face was believed more by the test persons or received non or lesser punishments.

When go to court well shaved also got away with it or lesser sentences.

So a beard or other facial coverage put you behind.

Except in some regilgion and with extremist then you have to have a full beard to be able to survive or taken serious in those areas

Facial hair is very fashionable now, it used to be that facial hair was grown mainly by guys with unattractive faces, think of all the good looking celebrities in the past, how many had facial hair?

Elvis, Ricky Nelson, Humperdinck etc, etc.

On 7/19/2020 at 2:05 PM, GreasyFingers said:

Haven't you noticed that the bad guys in movies often have a goatee, not a full beard.

Had a beard for over 20 years when younger but when it started to have 4 different colours it was time to shave it off. The wife hates it whenever I go 2 days without a shave but I have to agree with her as designer stubble in grey does not quite cut it.

Look at the majority of murderers, child molesters, and rapists over the years. I rest my case.

• Confused 1

On 7/19/2020 at 2:15 PM, bkk6060 said:

Why not grow a ponytail also?

Beards do not look good on most elderly Falang and yes, the girls generally do not like them.

On 7/19/2020 at 2:15 PM, bkk6060 said:

Why not grow a ponytail also?

Beards do not look good on most elderly Falang and yes, the girls generally do not like them.

What about the head upside down look, a baldy guy with a beard?

21 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

Most people who have a beard or facial coverage like mustash or so are seen as if they have to hide somehung. Because the expression of the skin is covered.

That is why 'bad' people have facial coverage.

Some have it because they are followers and just want to be the same as the fashion trend are.

A very few us it to coverup (bad) scars or to look more mature.

In general beard and facial coverage are seen as that someone has to hide something.

Even studies showed the difference when a person had a facial coverage or just clean shaved.

In most cases the clean shaved face was believed more by the test persons or received non or lesser punishments.

When go to court well shaved also got away with it or lesser sentences.

So a beard or other facial coverage put you behind.

Except in some regilgion and with extremist then you have to have a full beard to be able to survive or taken serious in those areas

wowww. Probably I will shave my downstairs department today to let my GF know, that I have nothing to hide. 555

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2020 at 1:44 PM, AlfHuy said:

Probably because Thai men can't have a proper beard. Have you ever seen a Thai man with a beard.

Yea that's funny isn't it .That's maybe why there are so many Lady boys ,, They were Never 100% Man? 

????????????????

On 7/19/2020 at 5:00 AM, Pilotman said:

Beards good or bad in Thailand?  I have been told that Thais don't like to see them and they are a sign that you are a criminal.

I've also heard that Thais don't like beards...:whistling:
I shave, and I seem to be liked...????

• Sad 1

I had a mustach and later a trimed beard since I was 18 yo except for when I was in US Army. After I came over to Thailand at 52  all my Thai GF's and 1 later my wife said shave them off. You will look better/younger. Never worn mustach or beard again. Most Thai girls do not like them.

3 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I think beards are okay. Growing hair around your mouth? I already have a hole with hair around it. Do you need two?

Let's talk about girls with or without. Seems more exciting to me than beards. Off topic you'd say, do I really have to start a new thread for this? ????

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Facial hair is very fashionable now, it used to be that facial hair was grown mainly by guys with unattractive faces, think of all the good looking celebrities in the past, how many had facial hair?

Elvis, Ricky Nelson, Humperdinck etc, etc.

Yeah. but they had a lot of hair on top. Many times a beard is a compensating thing for bald guys. 

Edited by hugocnx
  • Haha 1

I was going to take a trip with a stopover in Egypt so I decided to grow a beard to look somewhat like a local there.  I also looked forward to having it groomed by a barber in a place where beards are common: I had a beard for many years in my younger days but never really knew what I was doing when I trimmed it.

My friend in the US said "lose the beard, you look like an Arab."  I would be taking a few domestic flights in that country so I took it as good advice.

And then there's John Bolton, who's had the same moustache for decades -- man, that thing must stink!

5 hours ago, hugocnx said:

Yeah. but they had a lot of hair on top. Many times a beard is a compensating thing for bald guys. 

I kinda go back and forth with facial hair.

I've still got a full head of hair. My beard tends to start when I just get too lazy to shave.

As I've said previously, I don't sport a full beard too well, I just look homeless, but Mrs G likes me with the trimmed just past stubble look.

I would agree however, there does seem to be a lot of totally bald guys that decide a beard seems to be a good thing.

A hairdresser I used to go to in California said to me; "men don't lose their hair, it simply relocates"

• Like 2

have a Mole on my chin, was always cutting it when shaving, so aged 23 grew a goatee, the only thing that happened it turned to grey.  now a day is white and 70 this year..

One thing to be smooth shaven for me would mean shaving 2 x a day,  with a goatee only shave every 2 days, past few years now only shave when I trim my goatee every 5th day, no one notices 

• Like 1

Unless there are cosmetic reasons to hide something and one is re-gaining its self esteem I do understand them growing a beard, but I personally think men having a psychic issue and like to compensate for a  deficit in masculinity. When one is in good psychic health I can't see any incentive to have it, it's itchy when growing, unhygienic, inconvenient, annoying and time consuming to take care for an aesthetic appearance ... and unfortunately often, beard bearers of any style look silly and laughable. 
It reminds me of my former superior saying that "a  (politely) anus is always surrounded with hair".
This saying was his, I don't identify myself with his opinion, therefore no one should feel insulted by me. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, peteralex said:

Unless there are cosmetic reasons to hide something and one is re-gaining its self esteem I do understand them growing a beard, but I personally think men having a psychic issue and like to compensate for a  deficit in masculinity. When one is in good psychic health I can't see any incentive to have it, it's itchy when growing, unhygienic, inconvenient, annoying and time consuming to take care for an aesthetic appearance ... and unfortunately often, beard bearers of any style look silly and laughable. 
It reminds me of my former superior saying that "a  (politely) anus is always surrounded with hair".
This saying was his, I don't identify myself with his opinion, therefore no one should feel insulted by me. 

When, in the past, I’ve heard Thai’s say ‘Farang think too much’ I now know what they mean... 

... Its just a beard for Christ’s sake, all this psychology, hiding expressions, bad guys have beards, more criminals have facial hair etc etc.... What a load of absolutely moronic rubbish...  

... Its a beard !!!! - Grow one if you like it, don’t grow one if you don’t !!! thats about as much thought as needs to go into beards.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2020 at 1:44 PM, AlfHuy said:

They also have trouble growing items in the groin area  :whistling:

3 hours ago, peteralex said:

So true !

Especially the idiots with beard but no hair on their head ! so ridiculous !