Will Isaan Be the Safest Place to Live

bwpage3

The Isaan is one third of Thailand. It depends where you want to live. 

I think the north isn´t more unsafe. I read very rarely about crime in Chiang Mai. But the pollution is a huge problem between middle of December till May.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Hardly a safe place, Dogs, Pickup trucks, Chikungunya, Dengue, Kids on Yabaa, Grownups drunk senseless...

The occasional horny elephant too.

Except for the horny elephant part, that sounds exactly like my village in the far NE. 55

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Safer I guess but still plenty of problems.....AQ is horrendous during sugar cane burning....the rest if the year they burn anything they can find. Dogs are a pain, temple loud speakers, drink drivers and SFA to do. Bangkok every time.

Everything nice in your ivory tower? Good filter that you not get nothing "smell" in your golden toilet?

Don't go out or some can be wrong person for you! Or maybe Bangkok , once in lifetime somebody can have dog or drink and drive LOL

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, northsouthdevide said:

You're right about the future of Bangkok. 

For years, the elite 6% of this county's population, who allegedly own 60% of the country's wealth, have been buying up large areas of land around Pak Chong and its surrounding areas. 

At the end of 2018, the top one percent (1%) held 67% of Thailand's wealth.

https://www.aseantoday.com/2019/01/thailands-wealth-inequality-is-the-highest-in-the-world-what-does-this-mean-for-upcoming-elections/

One year later, that number was almost 70% [I cannot find the reference at the moment]

The top ten percent (10%) held 86% of the wealth.

Then there is corporate ownership:

Some 36% of Thailand's corporate equity is concentrated in the hands of just 500 people.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1773024/just-500-people-own-36-of-the-equity-in-thai-firms

In 2012, an even more stunning statistic was revealed:

About 0.1% of the Thai population are so rich that they own 46.5% of all of Thailand's total assets while nearly one in four Thai people, 23.5%, live in poverty.

http://www.masci-sis.com/component/flexicontent/8-event/283-richest-0-1-of-thai-people-own-half-of-the-nation-s-assets.html?view=item

Point one percent. That is serious concentration of power.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My wife has a house in rural Isaan and a condo in Pattaya. We spend time at both locations but even my wife gets bored in Isaan after 3-4 weeks and we head back to Pattaya.  Air quality was bad when we were there earlier this year - burning cane and they have a fondness for setting small fires and burning waste plastic, rubber etc..

I don't think anywhere in Thailand is particularly safe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Safer I guess but still plenty of problems.....AQ is horrendous during sugar cane burning....the rest if the year they burn anything they can find. Dogs are a pain, temple loud speakers, drink drivers and SFA to do. Bangkok every time.

Your are not thinking far enough into Isaan!