Thailand drops charges against Red Bull heir in deadly hit-and-run

webfact

11 minutes ago, Lenny the Loser said:

When you're drunk and/or drugged up and driving illegally, it's not an accident. Anywhere in the world. Wisen up friend.

According to our Thai member Yinn :

"Boss was accident"

And I suppose many Thais think similarly. 

What I don't know if Yinn and other Thais consider what happened with Boss, (an accident) is identical for every Thai being in the same circumstances, or only when the perpetrator is rich. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 4:33 PM, scorecard said:

And no mention of why the charges have been dropped.

It has been "mentioned" in stories elsewhere. Drum roll, please . . . . . the family members of the officer were "compensated", no doubt quite generously, and now the police dept no longer endures the embarrassment of their failure to capture the accused. here's the link: https://autos.yahoo.com/charges-dropped-against-red-bull-125600116.html

• Sad 1

Posts containing content that was copy and pasted from another site have been removed for being in violation of fair use policy:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

59 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

In my opinion, this Red Bull heir Jerk had very little change to go to Heaven

when he dies, and this was before him killing the police officer with his pricey

vehicle. Now the heir has .0001 chance of Heaven, but 99.999 percent chance of

seeing Hell.  Just a thought...  I do hope the cops family was compensated with lots

of money.

Geezer

Compensated with chicken feed compared to what his LPofS has, the car  would have cost probably double the compensation. 

25 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

It has been "mentioned" in stories elsewhere. Drum roll, please . . . . . the family members of the officer were "compensated", no doubt quite generously, and now the police dept no longer endures the embarrassment of their failure to capture the accused. here's the link: https://autos.yahoo.com/charges-dropped-against-red-bull-125600116.html

Come on now, do you really believe the police ever wanted to capture this cretin, plus - there was no failure- failure only follows effort. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I understand, and so should everyone else, that the accident caused by Vorayuth, that resulted in the death of the RTP officer, was just that, an accident, it was not deliberate.

"Just" an accident, you certainly have a way with words. 

12 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Three daughters and each of them taught not to be arrogant, entitled idiots so I am certain they'd never find themselves in this situation. If they did they'd have to face the consequences of their actions.

Right, my daughters would never be like the guy and try to hide the evidence, but if they did end up with alcoholism, which is a disease that runs in my family, and do something like drink and drive, I'd treat them like I would any sick person and have compassion. Also, I would try my best to keep them from going to jail, wouldn't you? Even if it meant being corrupt, they mean everything to me.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Right, my daughters would never be like the guy and try to hide the evidence, but if they did end up with alcoholism, which is a disease that runs in my family, and do something like drink and drive, I'd treat them like I would any sick person and have compassion. Also, I would try my best to keep them from going to jail, wouldn't you? Even if it meant being corrupt, they mean everything to me.

You know for a fact he's an alcoholic rather than an arrogant bail jumping killer?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

You know for a fact he's an alcoholic rather than an arrogant bail jumping killer?

There is a big difference, isn't there? One has a mental illness and deserves compassion, the other deserves to go to jail for a long time. Sorry, I can't say which he is.   

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There is a big difference, isn't there? One has a mental illness and deserves compassion, the other deserves to go to jail for a long time. Sorry, I can't say which he is.   

Then I don't really see your point. If he had a mental illness he'd already have been running around free in Thailand for many years having had the best medical team diagnose him and the best legal team money can buy set out his case and win a non custodial sentence.

If he really is an arrogant entitled killer I would have expected him to run away, grease some palms and return when he's given the all clear.

Seems option two is the one that's just about played out to me.

1 minute ago, choff56 said:

I don't know, what I think would only be a guess. What I do know is the prosecution did a horrendous job. 

Exactly, like the prosecution here. Corruption is not limited to Thailand. 

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly, like the prosecution here. Corruption is not limited to Thailand. 

Who said corruption was limited to Thailand? Thailand just does a great job of being very blatant about it. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, choff56 said:

Who said corruption was limited to Thailand? Thailand just does a great job of being very blatant about it. 

Take a look at past posts, many criticise Thailand, as a county for this story. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 1:58 PM, Bender Rodriguez said:

hope the young thai protesters get hold of this story and do something about injustice

you say it is ok because the rich corrupted get away with murder

I say that I don't get to tell people what to do in their own country. Just as I would expect you to butt out of the affairs of my own.

That's all.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Take a look at past posts, many criticise Thailand, as a county for this story. 

Unfortunately it is a Thai story, taking place in Thailand. What do you expect people to do, blame it on Rio? 

imageshh.jpg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, drbeach said:

She's showing her true colors. A despicable excuse for a human being she is. I doubt she has any friends, not even Thai ones. Of course no foreigner would be friends with her because she's too racist, but even fellow Thais wouldn't care to hang out with someone who defends injustice, advocates tyranny and is basically a fascist.

Oh, I’m fairly sure she isn’t a she and he isn’t even Thai. I’m guessing his thinking is that if he appears female and Thai, users will put him on a pedestal like he’s unquestionably knowledgeable of all things Thai, enlightened and untouchable. 

He’s just a provocateur. But as they say, “you can’t b****** a b*********r. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Haha 1

On 7/24/2020 at 7:42 AM, Yinn said:

Sorry Lomsak, I forgot the TVF narrative. 

My point is rich people in the world same. 

IMO Epstein worse. Have intention to rape. Boss was accident. 

And many Amerika topics on TVF. 

Rich people in the world do get away with more than they should - this is a disgusting facet of not just modern society but human history. That said, the countries with a more effective and honest legal system are more fair. 

Epstein was worse. 

It was not an accident. When someone chooses to take drugs and drive drunk breaking the speed limit, it is not an accident. He knowingly took drugs, he knowingly drank and he knowingly speed his Ferrari through inner city Bangkok where traffic could be expected. No this definitely was not an accident. 

Not planning a tragic outcome of ones reckless actions is not an accident. 

'I didn’t mean it to happen’ is not a valid excuse. 

No Yinn... this most defiantly was not an accident, it was manslaughter. 

This is manslaughter in Thailand, its manslaughter in any other country in the world. 

This young boy has got away with Manslaughter - there is no excusing the abhorrent decision not to prosecute. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2