Do all Non-O ME border bouncers need to switch to yearly extensions?

Assuming land and air crossing remain closed, after the 60 day "visit your wife" extension is used up, do all non-O ME visa people who would normally just border bounce, need to apply for a yearly extension method or leave?

In other words, immigration wont give Non-O ME's 90 day stamps to remain in Thailand as they would at the (now closed) border bounce crossings?

Screenshot 2020-07-25 at 06.36.14.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

@steve187 Im not worried as I can probably scrap together the 400k to do the yearly extension method.

Yes i totally understand the "changing world regarding immigration at the moment". But I just want to understand the situation as it currently stands, which is why I wrote "Assuming land and air crossing remain closed".

So I think my question remains valid, as i'm not trying to guess the future, just want to know the answer to my question as off today.

too late now for the 400k in the bank for 2 months before the announced amnesty ends. But not too late for 2x 40k transfers.

Edited by stoicccc

10 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

too late now for the 400k in the bank for 2 months before the announced amnesty ends. But not too late for 2x 40k transfers

With a letter from your embassy to get a special 30 days extension you would have about 3 months to have the money in the bank for 2 months.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

Already used.

For my situation I have not actually used the 60 day extension yet.

But I was trying to ask the question in a more general setting.

I was trying to understand what happens to all the Non-O (and also Non-B) visa holders who would normally border bounce every 90 days.

And i was trying to understand what would happen as of today, under current announcements, without speculating on future immigration announcements.

It seems @ubonjoe has answered my question, and the answer is they can get a 30 day extension with an embassy letter.

And if the embassy wont provide a letter, under the current announcements they either have to do the 1 year extension or to leave?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

And if the embassy wont provide a letter, under the current announcements they either have to do the 1 year extension or to leave?

I don't imagine it will be same gig like before where you obtain your embassy letter and go to imm for your 30 day "emergency extension". Thinking you would need some sort of evidence, such as cancelled flights etc. I'm Oz and even though flights to that country have been reduced I'm sure I could return over next couple of months. 

I don't understand why ME marriage guys don't just obtain their 60 day extension and switch to non o marriage and obtain 12 month extension. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't understand why ME marriage guys don't just obtain their 60 day extension and switch to non o marriage and obtain 12 month extension. 

I most likely will do this, and I think most others will as well.

But there must be a certain percentage (10%..20%) of ME Non-O guys who don't have the 40k per month, don't have the 400k for 2 months, and their embassies are not giving them letters, and so under current announcements will have to leave on the 27th September?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The announcement certainly does not mean you have to apply for a one year extension of stay. Although that might be the best thing to do if you can qualify for one.

It simply states if you cannot leave and re-enter the country you can apply for a special 30 day extension with a letter from embassy. That is under the assumption that most people will be able to leave the country prior to September 26th. If border crossings are still closed and there still very few flights leaving the country they might extend it again.

So, if I understand you correctly, you believe that senior immigration officials are sympathetic to those who do not want to return to home country, but wish to easily leave Thailand and return without doing so? You feel that this may well induce the Thai authorities to further extend the ability for people to stay without standard extensions? That differs from my own opinion. I believe there are some elsewhere in authority who would like to keep foreigners here for economic reasons, but those at the top of immigration feel foreigners should return to home country if they cannot satisfy the requirements for a long term extension of stay.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

So, if I understand you correctly, you believe that senior immigration officials are sympathetic to those who do not want to return to home country, but wish to easily leave Thailand and return without doing so? You feel that this may well induce the Thai authorities to further extend the ability for people to stay without standard extensions? That differs from my own opinion. I believe there are some elsewhere in authority who would like to keep foreigners here for economic reasons, but those at the top of immigration feel foreigners should return to home country if they cannot satisfy the requirements for a long term extension of stay.

yes, i feel exactly as you do, that immigration are basically saying "get the 1 year visa or leave"

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

@sandyf yes you are correct and without being more specific saying "Assuming land and air crossing remain closed" is a false statement, so i will try and rephrase it to:

"Assuming land and air crossings remain closed for Non-O visa holders who do not have the required paperwork from an Thai embassy to enter Thailand"

Would that be accurate?

Yes it is difficult, but personal circumstances do not change the facts of the situation.

I am in the same situation as you, I should have "border bounced" to the UK in May and then again next Saturday but both cancelled. Will just sit on what I do next until a decision has to be made. 

At 73 the insurance requirement is a bit of a headache for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trucking said:

two or three 40,000 baht deposits ( and proof of ) as evidence of finances.

Still curious if "savings and investments" will suffice as explanation in most IOs for the 2 months of 40k? And how often do they actually ask for proof with the 2x 40k method?

14 hours ago, stoicccc said:

Still curious if "savings and investments" will suffice as explanation in most IOs for the 2 months of 40k? And how often do they actually ask for proof with the 2x 40k method?

You need to show them you Thai Bank Account book. 

In it , the international transfers should be clearly coded. In the Bangkok Bank the code is FTT. 

In addition , if you use TransferWise you can download a PDF file on A4 paper that is written confirmation of each individual transfer with all the relevant information.

2 minutes ago, trucking said:

In it , the international transfers should be clearly coded. In the Bangkok Bank the code is FTT. 

In addition , if you use TransferWise you can download a PDF file on A4 paper that is written confirmation of each individual transfer with all the relevant information.

Good advice.

Obviously if you can afford it the money in bank method 400k makes it even more simple. After extension obtained the money does not need remain in bank.

i have a non O ME based on marriage and not having 400k in the bank at the moment i pop over to Laos every 90 day.

My visa has now expired and i have already used a 60 day extension. 

If the borders and consulates stay closed to us after Sept 26th then im not sure what will happen.

Why dont offices issue o visa themselves if we have all the neccessary documentation ?

18 minutes ago, trucking said:

I have one FTT 75k transfer from July 21st. If I do another one August 3rd and go to IO couple days after, will there be some issue with the dates? Should I wait til Aug 20th-22nd to do the other transfer? I know it's a silly question but I just wanna cover all bases.

Additionally I have over 12 months of 40+ transfers with Transferwise to BKK Bank account from Europe, but not none of them have the FTT code.

thanks for posting that image
as it states all extensions will start from 27th Sept
Also means i will need to go to immigration next month (as will many others like myself)
as the 90 day report must be done before Aug 31st (which will be first 90 day report for those like myself)

so really it means you can get the 60 day extension now and you got til late November 
should borders still be closed
my advice would be prepare for as many possibilities as you can
get 400k in bank before Sept 26th and you should be good either way

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

because some of us don't need to, but obviously if there is no other option, then we must, but that does not need to be done til late October no ?
the only reason i am here for more than 90 days now is due to borders being closed
otherwise i get fresh 90 days permit to stay (which i can extend for further 60) every time i enter
so until now there has been no real reason to apply for 1 year extension????‍♂️
(yes i can easily meet the financial requirements)

Edited by innosiem
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, innosiem said:

so until now there has been no real reason to apply for 1 year extension????‍♂️
(yes i can easily meet the financial requirements)

There is a reason now. 

Borders closed and requirements for reentry may be very difficult. 

They may even suspend visa exempt entries. Obtain non o (marriage) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, CFCjeff said:

i have a non O ME based on marriage and not having 400k in the bank at the moment i pop over to Laos every 90 day.

My visa has now expired and i have already used a 60 day extension. 

If the borders and consulates stay closed to us after Sept 26th then im not sure what will happen.

Why dont offices issue o visa themselves if we have all the neccessary documentation ?

you don't have all the necessary documents, if one of the documents they require is a bank statement stating you have 400k ????‍♂️

from what it say on the infographic, you may have an issue
might be wise to go to immigration asap to see what your options are
and it looks like an agent (providing an illegal service) may be your only option 
(if borders are not re-opened by Sept 26th)

13 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

Additionally I have over 12 months of 40+ transfers with Transferwise to BKK Bank account from Europe, but not none of them have the FTT code.

i think others have stated you can provide the transferwise receipts along with bank book etc. (but i could be wrong)

• Thanks 1