Worst examples of getting farang taxed

13 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

For heaven's sake ! How much do you reckon you were out of pocket ? No more than a few baht. If that's too much for you you then Thailand is not where you should be living. Find somehere else to whinge about.

If you don’t like it go back to your home country’ you mean? That golden droplet of ThaiVisa spangletwattery !!!! 

How to you like it when you are ripped off or taken advantage of ???  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

50 minutes ago, madmen said:

Another recovering alcoholic who can't stand the thought of others having fun even if was only 3 beers 

Have as much fun as you like and drink as much as you want , I just think that if you take kids to the swimming pool , you should be keeping an eye on the kids making sure they dont drown , teaching them to swim or just swimming yourself , rather than sitting there knocking the drink back

More self projection !!!

Someone doesn’t have any self control once he has a beer and projects that others are also unable to behave maturely...... 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

More self projection !!!

Someone doesn’t have any self control once he has a beer and projects that others are also unable to behave maturely...... 

The very nature of drinking alcohol means people lose a certain degree of self control , or are you suggesting that some people dont feel the effects of alcohol ?

18 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Your comment "I would leave a bad review but don't want to end up in the monkey House." 

Is this a reference to the Thai defamation law (criminal code section 330) which states:-

"The truth is not a defence for private matters that are not a benefit to the public." 

?? 

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The very nature of drinking alcohol means people lose a certain degree of self control , or are you suggesting that some people dont feel the effects of alcohol ?

You loose self control after 3 beers?

You are spouting some ridiculous puritan drivel.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bodga said:

because every civilised person knows this is  the only way to deal with a bad  situation, thanks for the  tip, next time i get overcharged Ill dispense with the pleasantries and go straight for the machete, where do you suggest? arm leg or go straight for the  decapitation, saves time but messy?

I guess that comment proved that your inner self is not so civilized after all. The only thing you needed was some small guidance. Regarding the choice there is no need for any suggestion. Go with your gut. It seems like you already have it live and well inside you.

You know, after reading your useless comment, it´s clear that you do not get it: When did I even write or post it was a good way to deal with a situation? Another thing that you do not get as well, is that the secret lies within the concept of controlling yourself and not get overcharged. Good Luck in the future know, and take good care of the advices I´ve given.

Edited by Matzzon

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

You loose self control after 3 beers?

You are spouting some ridiculous puritan drivel.... 

The poster sure should not visit australia, he would have melt down.

Everyone drinks around the pool and even better with a bbq. Even work functions kids are invited and beers are on.

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

More self projection !!!

Why you not go to the bar for a beer instead of going to the swimming pool for a beer ?

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

Why you not go to the bar for a beer instead of going to the swimming pool for a beer ?

Why you not go write your thoughts down in a letter, instead of typing them in this forum?

Do you see now, how daft your comment is?  ????

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its rather uncouth to take children to a swimming pool and then sit there drinking beers 

I agree.  Why wasn't the OP enjoying splashing around in the water?   

I love water slides, the bigger and faster the better!

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Why you not go write your thoughts down in a letter, instead of typing them in this forum?

My local swimming pool serves beer and food.

My kid loves it, same price for everyone.

Used to have girls in Chang dresses serving before COVID.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you don’t like it go back to your home country’ you mean? That golden droplet of ThaiVisa spangletwattery !!!! 

How to you like it when you are ripped off or taken advantage of ???  

You should take it like it is, Richard. Probably it´s better to go home if you can not deal with things in a country where you reside. What do you think? Would you like to live as a verbally crippled person in a foreign country, or would you like to be able to voice your opinion? Seems to me like he lacked the capability to do just that little thing, which resulted in that he just sat there and took one punch in the face from the bill, and another from the partner that did nothing to help him. Sounds like a life that really 5uck5 to me.

The second question you have here is like in a way connected to the result of the first one. A person that sees something wrong, would take that up with the people it regards, and not complain about it on ThaiVisa at a later stage. That´s how we don´t get ripped off or taken advantage of. That kind of makes your second question not necessary.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, thequietman said:

What? Who uses a pen and paper anymore? ????

You see, that´s why you can´t get rid of me. ????

Edited by Matzzon

8 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Swimming pools are for swimming .

Bars are for drinking 

TVF is for discussion

Bikes are for riding 

Beds are for sleeping etc

Its quite easy to follow, once you get the hang of it  

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Bars are for drinking 

TVF is for discussion

Bikes are for riding 

Brains are for engaging.

Do you get it! ????

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

For heaven's sake ! How much do you reckon you were out of pocket ? No more than a few baht. If that's too much for you you then Thailand is not where you should be living. Find somehere else to whinge about.

It's the principle, isn't it? I take you that you wouldn't be averse to cheating if given the chance, then. If you're in Thailand then I guess you're comfortable with like-minded people.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Bars are for drinking 

TVF is for discussion

Bikes are for riding 

But pools have bars

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

So, yeah, looks like you were overcharged. But this is hardly among the "worst" examples. Try going to a boxing match at Kawila (miltary base) in Chiang Mai. You get charged hundreds of baht (I forget the actual number) for being non-Thai, and so do your wife and kid. Admission for Thais is free. 

but arn't you told the price before paying? that's the big difference 

19 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, I dont think that alcohol  and children mix well .

Shouldn't be drinking whilst taking care of kids .

Not too nice to be in a swimming pool area with drunks either .

And yet many children are the result of alcohol !!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Leave a google review..open map of the location and select the place...I do it all the time when I get double priced, they can read it ,as can others, they can respond but cant remove it....the internet is forever.....

If they should respond or an error I will happily remove it, but it serves as a fair warning to others...

Fool me once.....shame on you....fool me twice...never happens....I learn from it and move on....an example, I left a good review for my thai buddy at his shop, has had 1000 views..

thanks, will do this now

edit> seems google have blocked new reviews due to covid 

Edited by cyril sneer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1