Thais Given Priority For Repatriation Flights

Just off the phone to the Thai Embassy and Consulate who state Thai's are given priority on repatriation flights and they're not issuing Certificates of Entry to foreigners married to thais until all Thai's are repatriated. Some foreigners will be allowed in but not spouses of Thai's unless they fall into another category as well.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

@haymanpl all-any Thais on that particular Flight, so its kinda right. 

I believe ALL Thai's who want to go home should get priority, however some don’t want to go home on that specific date for whatever reason, therefore the spare seats are made available to whoever qualifies.

Apparently there must be a bottleneck when so many Thais want to go home and there is a correspondingly long waiting list. I suspect it is not the airlines with their many unused aircraft, but maybe the quarantine capacities in Thailand?

• Like 1

A Thai man I know told me his mom got stuck in the US in March, and as of June, she wasn't going to be able to return until October.  His sister runs a restaurant close to Thai Embassy DC, and they seem to be at least a little connected.

On 7/27/2020 at 7:02 PM, ubonjoe said:

What embassy or official Thai consulate told you that?

Thai Foreign Affairs in Bangkok, Thai Embassy and Thai consulate in my country. I have it recorded from all 3 sources and this email.

t.png

The repatriation flights in the US have a limited seats fo Thai nationals then theres a slot for Non-Thai nationals because when my Thai friend called the Cathay Pacific booking office to ask earlier this month they thought she was booking it and told her theres no more seats. The ihanatour agent for the repatriation flight also last month said "Thai nationals closed for bookings" "Non - Thai nationals open"  The moment she said she a foreigner was booking the seat they said "oh yes we have room but theres no room for Thai people at the moment". The ASQ is true no reserved space for one or the other just first come first serve. 

28 minutes ago, Wars said:

The ASQ is true no reserved space for one or the other just first come first serve. 

Got it but the flights from Australia are organized by the Thai Embassy/Consulate. You cannot call the airline and book. They decide who goes and when you go. I've been waiting 4 months and they haven't even confirmed i'm on the waiting list. I see this as discriminatory as repatriation flights from Thailand to Australia are on a first come first served basis regardless of whether you are Australian or Thai. There is no priority for Australians.

1 hour ago, haymanpl said:

Got it but the flights from Australia are organized by the Thai Embassy/Consulate. You cannot call the airline and book. They decide who goes and when you go. I've been waiting 4 months and they haven't even confirmed i'm on the waiting list. I see this as discriminatory as repatriation flights from Thailand to Australia are on a first come first served basis regardless of whether you are Australian or Thai. There is no priority for Australians.

, the Australian ambassador to Thailand, Allan McKinnon, who wrote to Paruyth Chan ocha at the beginning of May on this issue, has indicated that the repatriation of Thai nationals to Thailand must be the priority for the kingdom right now. Allan McKinnon, also, in his advice to Australian nationals, suggested that widespread availability of flights between Thailand and Australia may not be seen again until October or November or even into next year.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2020/05/24/frustration-foreigners-families-in-thailand-normal-flights-ban-australian-ambassador-mckinnon/

Think you need to take your issue up with your Government as to why there isn't priority for Australians returning to Australia

12 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

, the Australian ambassador to Thailand, Allan McKinnon, who wrote to Paruyth Chan ocha at the beginning of May on this issue, has indicated that the repatriation of Thai nationals to Thailand must be the priority for the kingdom right now. Allan McKinnon, also, in his advice to Australian nationals, suggested that widespread availability of flights between Thailand and Australia may not be seen again until October or November or even into next year.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2020/05/24/frustration-foreigners-families-in-thailand-normal-flights-ban-australian-ambassador-mckinnon/

Think you need to take your issue up with your Government as to why there isn't priority for Australians returning to Australia

i would guess most countries would prioratise their citizens for repatriation flights, the clue is in the word 'repatriation'.

• Like 1