List of hotel for quarantine Thailand?

Hi Guys,

are there any list available what regards hotell for quarantine-purpose when entering Thailand. Also a pricelist??

Have a friend who is on his way to plan his return back here to his family (married)....

Thanks for your input.

glegolo

35 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Just realised I'm looking at a quarantine hotel through the window just across the street... darn...

Also wonder if all the happy Terminal 21 shoppers know it's quarantine facility over their heads?

The quarantine hotels are the safest places in the world, with everyone being locked in and tested at least a couple of times during their stay.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, unheard said:

The quarantine hotels are the safest places in the world, with everyone being locked in and tested at least a couple of times during their stay.

Safe, until someone deviate from the plan.

TORONTO -- The seemingly innocent act of sharing a cigarette lighter may be to blame for a COVID-19 outbreak in Melbourne, according to Australian officials.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health/coronavirus/sharing-a-cigarette-lighter-may-have-sparked-a-covid-19-outbreak-in-australia-1.5003305

Interesting link.

Note that I saw one offering smoking rooms.

All are PP, so the deluxe ones get pretty expensive.

Some have room service from the bar (only way to go)

Interesteing talk about location & shopping nearby,,,,, why ??

20 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I wonder who owns #14 on the list...

Let's take a closer look. It's in the Thunder Castle Stadium area, the grounds for the Buri Ram United. Chairman of Buri Ram United is Newin Chidchob, the de facto leader of the

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhumjaithai_Party

whose 'official' leader is Anutin Charnvirakul. So transparent.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ProbPossConf said:

Some of the hotels on the list are not responding to inquiries for reservations.  One hotel has even shut down their website.

With the influx of medical tourists, the hotels have reverted to profit seeking.

It's not medical tourists, it's more so dignatory's and diplomatic staff who are now having to quarantine in those hotels, which is loading up the bookings.

Furthermore, you are having a mass of booking from India abusing the 'we are making a film' . 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Could there be a scenario where people pop out of the hotel and pop into Terminal 21 lol 

No, but in the joint across the street people are sitting in front of the main entrance. They aren't staff. So I wonder if their quarantined guests are allowed out, or they take regular guests on top of quarantined ones at the same time... or they are quarantine place just on paper but have no guests... Anything's possible, I guess.

22 hours ago, unheard said:

Perhaps in Thailand.

Clearly your not following Melbourne situation AU. The new cases today 730+

News reports all traced back to 2 hotel quarantine slack inept control. 

Governments read this stuff. Zero tourists to Thailand for long time. Along with very controlled quarantine entries in order to manage.

Has anyone tried to assign their own ASQ instead of trying to book one of the listed hotels, which seem to fill up quickly?

My residence in Bangkok is a 5-star hotel. It is my official mail address (bank and credit card accounts, social security, income tax returns and refunds, etc). All my possessions are stored there. I have a designated room there (they graciously upgrade me to a suite). The staff at the executive lounge and restaurant, and the concierge staff all know me well. I wouldn't mind quarantining there.

Wonder if the authorities are allowing special arrangements on a case-by-case basis?

I highly doubt authorities will allow you to book into another hotel of your choice ...

Quarantine hotels in the city center of Bangkok:

Mövenpick BDMS Wellness Resort Bangkok 

Royal Benja Hotel

Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel

Grande Centre Point Sukhumvit 55

Amara Bangkok Hotel

Two Three - A Homely Hotel

Anantara Riverside Bangkok

Tango Vibrant Living Hotel

Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal21

Three Sukhumvit Hotel

Princeton Bangkok

Solaria Ni<deleted>etsu Hotel Bangkok

The Salil Hotel Sukhumvit 57 - Thonglor

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1

Maitria Hotel Sukhumvit 18

Royal Rattanakosin Hotel

Conrad Bangkok

Quarantine hotels near Suvarnabhumi Airport:

Siam Mandarina Hotel Suvarnabhumi Airport

O2 Luxury Hotel

Maple Hotel

Quarantine hotels on the outskirts of Bangkok:

Qiu Hotel Sukhumvit 79

The Kinn

ibis Styles Bangkok Sukhumvit Phra Khanong

Royal Suite Hotel

18 minutes ago, 10years said:

The staff at the executive lounge and restaurant, and the concierge staff all know me well. I wouldn't mind quarantining there.

Wonder if the authorities are allowing special arrangements on a case-by-case basis?

I doubt it very much indeed.... you are effectively asking to self quarantine and also appear not to grasp what it entails. There was a scare recently over some diplomatic family insisting they go to their own condo, and likely it won't be happening again.

Edited by jacko45k

23 hours ago, natway09 said:

Interesting link.

Note that I saw one offering smoking rooms.

All are PP, so the deluxe ones get pretty expensive.

Some have room service from the bar (only way to go)

Interesteing talk about location & shopping nearby,,,,, why ??

No chance - strictly no booze. Most likely because some turn into idiots when they drink and will try and exit the hotel or cause a problem. No booze avoids this issue. 

There is not chance to go shopping nearby or leave the hotels. 

We (ASQ guests) have to stay in our room and can book to use some of the facilities after day 6 (after the first ASQ Covid-19 test).

IF we try and leave the hotel I imagine we could get arrested. 

7 hours ago, 10years said:

Has anyone tried to assign their own ASQ instead of trying to book one of the listed hotels, which seem to fill up quickly?

My residence in Bangkok is a 5-star hotel. It is my official mail address (bank and credit card accounts, social security, income tax returns and refunds, etc). All my possessions are stored there. I have a designated room there (they graciously upgrade me to a suite). The staff at the executive lounge and restaurant, and the concierge staff all know me well. I wouldn't mind quarantining there.

The Quarantine hotels have to comply with specific regulations and have to partner up with hospitals.

(i.e. one of the regulations is no carpet !)

The ASQ’s are approved by ‘government’ only, and Foreigners can only quarantine at an approved ASQ hotel, no where else. 

22 hours ago, tomazbodner said:
23 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

Could there be a scenario where people pop out of the hotel and pop into Terminal 21 lol 

No, but in the joint across the street people are sitting in front of the main entrance. They aren't staff. So I wonder if their quarantined guests are allowed out, or they take regular guests on top of quarantined ones at the same time... or they are quarantine place just on paper but have no guests... Anything's possible, I guess.

Not from what I am experiencing (in ASQ) its all very strictly controlled. 

These in Quarantine are not allowed to mingle with each other or anyone else. After day 5 facilities can be booked, i.e. people can use the gym for an hour (on their own, only ones in the gym per time and the gym is fully cleaned after each booking), people can also use the communal ‘outside’ area, but again, only in isolation, not to mingle or meet with anyone else. 

And, with absolute certainty, ‘additional’ guests are prohibited. 

This is a case where so many eyes are on the ‘quarantinees’ that any failure in the process is likely to be dealt with extremely harshly, any failure of the quarantinee to comply will the regulations is likely to compromise their visa status and longevity in Thailand. 

In effect - the quarantine is Solitary Confinement: the set up is rather ‘water tight’.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 10years said:

On the covid health ministry site there's a lot of details about this.

Hotels can apply to join the list of ASQ hotels but the hotel and it's departments/ facilities/staff etc., must pass a very detailed list of requirements and training program, and must be partnered with a hospital. 

More details on the Thai Covid ministry of health website.