Red Bull heir Vorayuth asked to come clean by eight of his relatives

webfact

8 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Hypocrites, the whole lot of them!

Why would Vorayuth need to "come clean" now that he has been officially cleared of all charges? There is nothing to "come clean" about. Well, not anymore.

You cynical lot had a whopping EIGHT YEARS to voice your dissatisfaction with and disapproval of Vorayuth's cowardly antics.

You knew exactly where he was all that time and how to reach him. Why didn't you send your flaming appeal to him personally -- and more importantly, years ago? Why an open letter that he may or may not read while he is still ensconced somewhere abroad?

It's a blunt, disgusting PR stunt, nothing more.

Well said.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Addendum :

It is my opinion that many Thais are not pleased at all with the Boss case. 

But they also know that if something change in the system in Thailand, it may also affect them, in one way or another. 

Not something they really wish. 

And this is what it really comes down to. The same problem you see with endemic corruption all across the world - the possibility of benefits keeps everyone in the game thinking that one day it'll be their turn to borrow a dead friend's ferrari collection.

52 minutes ago, Greenside said:

I haven't waded through the whole thread. but it does seem possible that the shame that he brought on the family, compounded by their silence to date, is at last having some effect.  In a previous thread I suggested a boycott of Red Bull products and events, but others felt it would be useless.  The association of Red Bull with "spoilt cowardly fugitive killer" is indeed powerful and will probably hang over the family and brand for many years to come.  Better to try to lessen the damage now in a public way and let justice be seen to be served, I think.

In my experience, Thai are absolute masters at stonewalling whenever you want something that inconveniences them.

However, throw in a healthy dollop of face loss and suddenly the gears start turning again. 

This is just another example of the truth at hand, and probably the biggest negative of the culture for anyone who's sticking around long term. From the cornerside som tam vendor to the biggest CEO of the biggest corrupt conglomerate - justified embarrassment is more often than not the only way to get any semblance of honesty out of people in Thailand.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My Thai wife, who rarely pays close attention to Thailand news, has been coming home from work every night this week and stayed glued to the TV re Red Bull news and reporting. And her interest in it has absolutely nothing to do with me. So I'll take issue with your comment that average Thais don't care.

Your wife is an exceptionally interested person. Most Thai's on the street are not. 

38 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

Cut off his money supply.  Boycott Red Bull products world wide. 

joking right  ?   ....   they won't ever cut his money off and it's highly unlikely any boycott would put the slightest dent in the families monthly pocket money.

• Like 1

I have not seen anywhere a translation of the letter. So here is Google Translate effort:-

An open letter from Yoo Wittaya brothers and sisters. In the case of Khun Worayuth Yoowitthaya, the Yoo Wittaya family has to apologize to the society that the news of the family members has created anger, hatred, and dissatisfaction, which is the cause of the demand from society  This happened, we could not deny the relationship of being "Yuwittaya" one of Khun Worayuth. However, brothers and sisters of Yuwittaya family would like to inform everyone sincerely that during the past time  Since the birthday of Khun Worayuth's family, we have not discussed or shared any decisions or actions with our siblings, and we have not agreed with many of the decisions made by Khun Worayut that we follow from  Blast  But the brothers and sisters never came to give opinions on this matter either because they respect Khun Worayuth's family and expect that Khun Worayut's family will do everything to be accepted by society in the end.  But today, the negative trend affecting every member of the family is too much to bear as it has always caused us to issue this letter. All brothers and sisters are sorry about the incident and this  Confirm that we are all respectful of the law and adhering to the justice process that must be able to create justice for everyone with equality. All brothers and sisters call on Khun Worayul to come out to show clarity and sincerity.  To the family to the rest of society, including society and the media as soon as possible and to act in accordance with the society. All brothers and sisters would like to show the family's position. The position that we have always adhered to is the determination of  The teachings of Mr Chaliew Yoo Wittaya, the father and the model of life that teaches us to hold on to the principle of the land, with our brothers and sisters, every family will continue to strive to create good things for  With the people, communities and Thai society in accordance with the way and determination that Khun Chaliew has put in place, with the utmost respect and regret over what happened  Yuwittayachirawat, Yuwittayapuddin  Yuwittaya Supreeya, Witthayasarawut, Yuwittayanucharee, Witthaya

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Hence the huge loss of face. 

Does Thailand not want to be the Hub of sporting activities ?

Is RB not a big sponsor of all things 'sport' ..?

How will it look if they sponsor some events in Thailand ...

And local people posting on FB about what happened ... or even better ... turn up at the event with a few 'posters' Justice for all .. etc .....

I am sure the family care about 'reputation / face' ....  Hence I guess that is why they did that letter ... 

Close the money tap and things will get sorted out sooner than anyone thinks. 

This little pr1ck never worked a minute to earn enough for a BTS short-range ticket - the money comes from the empire and now the empire coughs - tell 'em to stop the money flow!

Simple as that! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I think its very clear what happened. Why he has to come clean while he already finished doing his sentence..

Done his Sentence ,Get Real .   He's been living the Big Playboy abroad. 

I maybe a bit naïve, but I have a couple of questions.

It is reported that the family donated/gave 300 million Baht to the Government. Why, What is meant to be used for/did it go into consolidated revenue,

Were their any conditions attached?

Is the Soi on which the family home sits accessible to the public?

5 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed, possible plummeting sales of their product means they cannot provide the financial support anymore!

what nonsense Bill ... even if there was a boycott the young generation don't even look at news and they couldn't care less ... so even your boycott would be like a drop in the swimming pool off the income.

Actually today a young guy showed me a bottle of another brand that was 10 baht i believe and red bull is around 30 baht hence they buy the cheap one anyway so the figure at red bull will be minuscule.   

Edited by steven100
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed, possible plummeting sales of their product means they cannot provide the financial support anymore!

if sales ever plummeted ... yes .... but given the competition and market I think highly unlikely.

Most buy the cheaper 10 bath ... and the upper buy the 30 baht. 

On 7/30/2020 at 5:52 AM, Somtamnication said:

Nice PR move, but no go. Why wait 8  years for this open letter?

They can't be ashamed of Thai justice because they are hi-sos.  Is it the threat of a world-wide boycott on their products/events?

• Like 1