Thailand to miss out on 33 million foreign tourist arrivals due to COVID-19

webfact

Oh the shock and horror of it all.  I think we better look to the tall government buildings to see if they start jumping out the windows like in the great stock market crash in the US on Black Thursday 1929.  Of course they will have to go back to the history books and stop calling it black thursday as black lives matter....yes sarcasm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oh the shock and horror of it all.  I think we better look to the tall government buildings to see if they start jumping out the windows like in the great stock market crash in the US on Black Thursday 1929.  Of course they will have to go back to the history books and stop calling it black thursday as black lives matter....yes sarcasm

Monty python did a good rendition of this very scenario Ha ha ha !!!!!! 

• Haha 1

foreign arrivals next year.... so what does he know that the government isnt telling anyone? what i wanna know is...if there is no vaccine what are thailand gonna do then?  sitting around waiting for a vaccine that might never come while you are losing massive amounts of cash. surely they gotta bite the bullet at some point and its gotta be better for their economy to do it sooner rather than later.  thailand are obessed with keeping a 'clean sheet' when everyday it looks more and more likely its just another virus that we will have to live with.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Well, according to an article in theses pages not long ago, 90% of Thai people would like to see the back of foreigners on their way out, 

You should have seen the face on the middle aged Thai lady when I occupied the seat next to her on a packed domestic flight this morning. It was clear what she was thinking when she saw this farang. I was very nearly tempted to mention Covid to her but restrained myself. I was the only farang onboard. In fact the whole journey from check-in at Hat Yai to Suvarnabhumi and then on to Phaya Thai by City Line I only saw one other westerner.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It was a tuesday

52 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

You should have seen the face on the middle aged Thai lady when I occupied the seat next to her on a packed domestic flight this morning. It was clear what she was thinking when she saw this farang. I was very nearly tempted to mention Covid to her but restrained myself. I was the only farang onboard. In fact the whole journey from check-in at Hat Yai to Suvarnabhumi and then on to Phaya Thai by City Line I only saw one other westerner.

Had you said the word Covid, it would have probably have had the same effect as saying "Bomb"

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Donekys said:

Black Thursday 1929

Stock prices began to decline in September and early October 1929, and on October 18 the fall began. Panic set in, and on October 24, Black Thursday, a record 12,894,650 shares were traded. This was the Start of the Market Collapse. The following Monday the market went into a freefall and then on Tuesday it completely caved in.

https://www.history.com/topics/great-depression/1929-stock-market-crash

Another shot in the dark article for someone who uses a crystal ball to make economic and financial predictions which really means he hasn't got a clue.

He would get my respect if he just said we can't speculate or know how many tourists we will have until Thailand and the rest of the world open their borders and the virus is contained. Not rocket science but very alien to people like this guy.

2 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Let’s be fair once those borders are opened up it will be busy again . Where else are the worlds lonesome and destitute going to get a holiday girlfriend ? 

The Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia ..... to name just a few.

I've found the cheapest gfs are in the Philippines.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

Thailand wants to stop winging about the lost tourists, it has happened get over it and get the people back to work, tourist are not coming back for a long time here or anywhere else!

except for bar, massage and restaurants catering to foreigners I'm finding most Thais are grateful that hoards of diseased tourists are NOT here..

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2020 at 8:42 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Had you said the word Covid, it would have probably have had the same effect as saying "Bomb"

Dirty farlangs and Covid , go hand in hand .

I extend my sympathy to the dear , Old Lady ..

Edited by elliss