Agent route for retirement extension

18 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Trouble with income method that the amount builds in Thai bank,especially with lockdown,in time has to be returned

What are you writing about. You use the income to live on. It does not have to stay in the bank.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, nausea said:

Another agent thread, Zzzzz. Doing it on your own is a hassle, that's for sure, especially if you're a first timer. Personally, having gone both routes, I'd go for the agent every time. The difference between queuing for two hours, getting all sorts of weird requirements, and being in and out in five minutes, does it for me.

If it's a new or a renewable retirement extension you only need visit immigration ONCE A YEAR.  Is that too hard to do?

I can understand that if you were disabled, an agent would be helpful.

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

There are no fixed prices for agent 0 visa's or agent yearly extensions, they can cost anything from 10k through to 50k. Not sure why all the arguments about the price.

Because people pay too much for the same thing, 50k is just a made up number, who paid that and for what?

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They make up their own rules. One office is not the same as another.

would you believe there are people on TV who dispute this ????? and they are not newbies..

Agents are fine until  the SH*T hits the fan, and it can come from any direction, my last encounter

with this was the Agent (ladyboy) fell out with the boyfriend (IMM. O).

Boyfriend steals the passports

will not hand them back....30 odd Farangs have no passports all have to pay 20,000 baht overstay

and Agent gets shut down. do it yourself, you know they have no logic if loosing face is an issue.

(if this was a sting it was a good one? about ten years ago)

Edited by zoza

12 hours ago, nausea said:

Doing it on your own is a hassle, that's for sure, especially if you're a first timer. Personally, having gone both routes, I'd go for the agent every time.

Definitely agree that first timers are well-advised to use an agent for peace of mind. Unexpected hassles happen especially if you are not experienced. This was my case and the agent saved the day. Next year I'll probably go on my own as I feel fairly confident now I know what to do (thanks to this forum I learned a lot).

OP, I would post a thread asking for agent recommendations rather than info about a specific one, assuming your friends care only to be in good hands. That's what I did and found my agent from the many (in Bkk) who were suggested.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Because people pay too much for the same thing, 50k is just a made up number, who paid that and for what?

I know a couple of guys in Pattaya and Hua Hin that pay 40-50k each year, the same guys actually think the agents office is the immigration office. 

A enquiry at the major pattaya agents, speedy, key etc, they quote 20k and up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, nausea said:

Another agent thread, Zzzzz. Doing it on your own is a hassle, that's for sure, especially if you're a first timer. Personally, having gone both routes, I'd go for the agent every time. The difference between queuing for two hours, getting all sorts of weird requirements, and being in and out in five minutes, does it for me.

i suppose its how you look at it.. you see the hassle, i see 2 hours of "work" sitting on my ass playing with my phone plus a bit of banter with the IO.. 

for 20000 baht - cha'ching!

my glass half full mate ????

• Like 2

People mention disabled is a reason to hire an agent, and I'll just throw in my two cents: a friend of mine's spine and legs are so gone he can hardly walk across a room by himself. So in Chaeng Wattana they loan you a wheelchair (leave an ID for security) and I pushed him around. When the top lady in the area we were sent to saw him in the chair she expedited the process and we were in at 10 and on the way out at 1:15. And none of his 90 day reports had been done for a year and they ignored that. It did help that he's been here for 20 or so years and knew the drill, and has the money in a bank.

13 hours ago, nausea said:

Yes I paid 12,500 and also had them do the re-entry permit and multi entry it came to just about 17k. No 800 k in the bank.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I know a couple of guys in Pattaya and Hua Hin that pay 40-50k each year, the same guys actually think the agents office is the immigration office. 

A enquiry at the major pattaya agents, speedy, key etc, they quote 20k and up.

mugs will be mugs, no need to pay that much

13 hours ago, Malawi said:

Personally I would do it myself and save a lot of money.

Easy to do yourself.

Not to mention that those who use agents solely so as to evade the financial (and/or other) requirements could run the risk of eventually finding themselves in deep, deep, deep, deep doo-dah were the Immigration Bureau bigwigs ever to mount a shakedown of their immigration office and weed out bent IO's and complicit agents, as has happened recently at Nonthaburi.

2 hours ago, izod10 said:

Trouble with income method that the amount builds in Thai bank,especially with lockdown,in time has to be returned

My Thai wife and her family are more than happy to offer me whatever assistance I might need in order to ensure that this never becomes an issue in my case! ????

Edited by OJAS
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Why would your immigration office not allow the monthly income method?

Phetchabun Immigration no monthly income method. Flatly refused in February for marriage extension.

In the head honcho office for an hour arguing, would not budge. Despite all the paperwork evidence. Pattaya, 12500B, unless they change the staff in Phetch I'll never step in that office again. 

Edited by phutoie2
Spelling

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What are you writing about. You use the income to live on. It does not have to stay in the bank.

Income method?  never in a million years will I spend 65000 a month here,and I sure do not live frugal life,at the mo its getting too much,Dee money are sorting return

47 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Not to mention that those who use agents solely so as to evade the financial (and/or other) requirements could run the risk of eventually finding themselves in deep, deep, deep, deep doo-dah were the Immigration Bureau bigwigs ever to mount a shakedown of their immigration office and weed out bent IO's and complicit agents, as has happened recently at Nonthaburi.

My Thai wife and her family are more than happy to offer me whatever assistance I might need in order to ensure that this never becomes an issue in my case! ????

Borrow from agent or your wife’s family? I,ll take the former!????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Why dont you just to it the proper way.

stop using illegal services and making the rest of us look bad! 

Can you explain to me what´s illegal in using an agent for smooth administration? What is not proper with that.

If you do not have the money for going the easy way, you don´t need to lie about it because of that.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

it's not all about you you know, it's a general discussion, it sounds like you don't even understand what 17k gives you

I opened the thread with the intention of getting answers from people who know, and/or have used the agent I am referring to.  So, yes. In this case it´s about that and nothing else. I understand perfectly well what 17k gives, but that´s irrelevant if the agent does a sloppy work.

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Can you explain to me what´s illegal in using an agent for smooth administration? What is not proper with that.

If you do not have the money for going the easy way, you don´t need to lie about it because of that.

I have the money in the bank required for a legal extension, hence I do not need to use an agent to fix it for me.

do you have the required funds in the bank for a legal extension (that being 400,000 for marriage or 800,000 for retirement in case you did not know.) 

1 minute ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I have the money in the bank required for a legal extension, hence I do not need to use an agent to fix it for me.

do you have the required funds in the bank for a legal extension (that being 400,000 for marriage or 800,000 for retirement in case you did not know.) 

You are just derailing the original topic. Yes of course I know, and yes I do have. If you read the original OP, It stands that it aint for me.

So, once again what are you on about?

I have the money, but I still use an agent. It saves a lot of hassle, IO´s never asks for more documents or that you need to go do something more. You never have to sit and wait. The agent has a booked time they are being taken care of.

Something more? That costs all from 12k to 20k depending on agent. However, I am not using the service in pattaya, but the people concerned are going to, hence the question in the OP. Can you answer it? If not, just move on.

I will apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage in September. The plan is to do it myself as I fulfill all the requirements but if they make it too difficult (requiring an additional document, them another etc.) I might go with an agent. Does anybody know how much I would have to pay?