Agent route for retirement extension

3 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

I will apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage in September. The plan is to do it myself as I fulfill all the requirements but if they make it too difficult (requiring an additional document, them another etc.) I might go with an agent. Does anybody know how much I would have to pay?

You will find not many agents do marriage extensions as the extension goes to the local head office for approval. If they do its only a hand holding exercise, they cant get around the rules like a retire extension.

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

the agents need a rep. If they got together and agreed to uniformly charge lets say 50K there's not a damn thing anyone could do about it, the ones that couldn't afford it would have to say bye bye but there would be enough left that could to keep the trough full..

Stupid comment.why wouldthey.

5 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

i suppose its how you look at it.. you see the hassle, i see 2 hours of "work" sitting on my ass playing with my phone plus a bit of banter with the IO.. 

for 20000 baht - cha'ching!

my glass half full mate ????

I suppose its how you look at it, 2 hours work, but 800,00 baht sitting in a bank that you cant touch for 6 months, ( my office insists it's 6 months )  then 400,00 that you can never touch ?

I would rather keep the 20,000 UK pounds in my pocket to spend as i wish, rather than let the bank have it. Plus no hassle with jobsworth pen pushers who change the rules to suit themselves, plus i get a holiday while getting the visa too, so win win for me

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Agents do O extensions

---And O-A extensions. The latter have recently required proof of Thai health insurance, and my agent has taken care of applying for me (I chose IMG), knowing what activation dates are necessary (no fee charged by agent). So, one more year with the same agent to hold my hand, insure the paperwork is bulletproof at Immigration, collect from me and submit to Immigration on day one -- then on day two, get chauffeured with agent to pick up already accomplished overnight paperwork -- time in and out: ten minutes. Price: 3000 bt (500 more for a reentry permit, single or multiple).

Where all these other high expensive numbers are coming from is mysterious. For me, I'm all above board -- 800k in bank for many years; insurance meeting requirements. I guess if some hanky panky was involved, the numbers we see here may make more sense. However, for the honest, but lazy, plan on 3000 baht, at least in Chiang Mai.  Seems a reasonable price to assure a problem free, 10 minute trip to Imm.

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Agent route for retirement extension

Could someone changes "route" for "backdoor" in this thread's title?

But there are retirees (including the OP @Matzzon if my understanding of post #57 is correct) who can meet all the requirements for retirement extensions legitimately but who would prefer to use agents for reasons of personal convenience (as IMHO is their right, even though I can see no need to use an agent myself for my retirement extensions).

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimGant said:

---And O-A extensions. The latter have recently required proof of Thai health insurance, and my agent has taken care of applying for me (I chose IMG), knowing what activation dates are necessary (no fee charged by agent). So, one more year with the same agent to hold my hand, insure the paperwork is bulletproof at Immigration, collect from me and submit to Immigration on day one -- then on day two, get chauffeured with agent to pick up already accomplished overnight paperwork -- time in and out: ten minutes. Price: 3000 bt (500 more for a reentry permit, single or multiple).

Where all these other high expensive numbers are coming from is mysterious. For me, I'm all above board -- 800k in bank for many years; insurance meeting requirements. I guess if some hanky panky was involved, the numbers we see here may make more sense. However, for the honest, but lazy, plan on 3000 baht, at least in Chiang Mai.  Seems a reasonable price to assure a problem free, 10 minute trip to Imm.

Most people switch to non imm O where insurance isn't compulsory

Edited by scubascuba3

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Most people switch to non imm O where insurance isn't compulsory

That requires exit and reentry. 

If married can keep your O-A and obtain extension based on marriage with no insurance requirement.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's good, what does 17k give? maybe by giving more info you help others

Are you just here to make stupid comments? Answer the question in the OP if you can, otherwise find another playground.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But there are retirees (including the OP @Matzzon if my understanding of post #57 is correct) who can meet all the requirements for retirement extensions legitimately but who would prefer to use agents for reasons of personal convenience (as IMHO is their right, even though I can see no need to use an agent myself for my retirement extensions).

That is correct. This question is not for me, just to help two other guys in Pattaya that I happen to know. I do not even live remotely close to that godforsaken city. ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Agents do O extensions

You are wrong in so many comments and areas in only this thread, that it would take a week to figure out and explain. Just do like the thread is about and retire from it.