Thailand to develop plan to allow foreign nationals to enter the kingdom

webfact

1 hour ago, Venom said:

So, they have no made contingency plans yet whatsoever? Wow. 

Oh yes they have,  Junta style..

Dirty Farangs ,  given 48  hours , to leave the Kingdom..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mung said:

Oh I know, 80,000 from Wuhan directly throughout that time. It is quite perplexing. However the mutation that occurred somewhere in Europe has shown in lab studies to potentially be 8-10 times more infectious. The mutation is 100% confirmed and in lab studies it has shown to be more infectious, however this has yet to be proven in real life. 
Thailand doesn't have enough test kits to take on a full blown spread, and I doubt that they are able to properly track and trace everything either. Still, I think the borders should have opened weeks ago, if most people wear masks in public, this should be enough to limit the spread rate and make it manageable. 

And if it doesn't?

Your faith in their ability to manage a major outbreak is enchanting.

9 hours ago, madmitch said:

So, are they saying that people on a short visit aren't likely to spread COVID-19? Really?

They hope to take it with them back ….., counting on the 15 days incubation time probably  ….Haha 

10 hours ago, jojothai said:

He is most likely saying this just because he's been ordered to do this when he does not want too.

He may have also been ordered not to say anything foolish. ????

I think this is the first photo of him actually wearing a face mask!!

• Like 1

Just got back from immigration and told after 7 years living here I have to leave the country before September 26th and do a border bounce and come back in as a tourist to get my Non O visa for retirement. Wouldn't it be better if you let those already living here to allow to change within the country?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Bim Smith said:

Just got back from immigration and told after 7 years living here I have to leave the country before September 26th and do a border bounce and come back in as a tourist to get my Non O visa for retirement. Wouldn't it be better if you let those already living here to allow to change within the country?

Couldn't you at least told us how you existed here for the last 7 years - the story seems kind of incomplete. How did you do it, and what are the rest of the circumstances?

3 hours ago, LEKPHUKET said:

Nothing new this was already said a few weeks ago. Still nothing for retirement visa ownerd or yellow house book to come back. Probably chinese will be able to come back earlier

I hope your last sentence is long delayed. Long stay expats are here year-around and buy/use cars and scooters (myself, bought a new car), gasoline, groceries and many other goods and services; contributing to the existence of large and small business owners and the multiples of thousands of itinerant workers who help this country to operate.

The tourists from "the north" are a fickle source of tourism revenue, as proven these many months. They are much like a large flock of budget-minded pidgeons. 

Edited by Benmart
Reword

This means nothing. They are saying nothing. 

For the economy to start working Thailand will need its tourist. You can require test 72hour before flight and another after arrival.

Force them to wear an arm band with the help of which you control the movement. You can have them house quarantine for two days until the answer arrives. They should also have the special insurance. Anything more, no one will come.

• Like 2

Nothing new this was already said a few weeks ago. Still nothing for retirement visa ownerd or yellow house book to come back. Probably chinese will be able to come back earlier

and why not? China has the crisis under control UNLIKE all western countries.

Besides that, i dont see any Chinese (or other citizens from Asian countries) have protests AGAINST wearing masks or having a bad attitude against covid restrictions.

It makes perfect sense to keep the border closed for westerners and first open it to other Asian countries, including China.

Of course thats a hard pill to swallow for some farang....the thought that other people can go first and they have to wait!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

Nothing new this was already said a few weeks ago. Still nothing for retirement visa owner or yellow house book to come back. Probably chinese will be able to come back earlier

13 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

Besides that, i dont see any Chinese (or other citizens from Asian countries) have protests AGAINST wearing masks or having a bad attitude against covid restrictions.

It makes perfect sense to keep the border closed for westerners and first open it to other Asian countries, including China.

Of course thats a hard pill to swallow for some farang....the thought that other people can go first and they have to wait!

Whoa fella. I've no problem wearing a mask and was so before I left in June for Aussie return that had to be done. Been wearing my mask here to encourage them.

Bought a townhouse early last year, around the time I found my delightful lady of 12 months and we're not yet married. She's still working and I'm helping her put her daughter through uni.

Reckon I've got decent skin in the game that Thai authorities should recognise. Besides, Sydney is almost Covid free ????

Edited by Donga
  • Like 1

I don't suppose that the people in Bangkok who wish Thailand to become a vassal state to the Chinese Communists Party are informed enough to know about the new virus that has been discovered in China. It comes from ticks and is very dangerous. There have been over 60 people infected so far and there is evidence of human to human transmission.....

LET"S WELCOME OUR BIG BROTHERS in CHINA BACK TO THAILAND ! We worship your money here no matter what disease you bring with you. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

the new virus that has been discovered in China. It comes from ticks and is very dangerous. There have been over 60 people infected so far and there is evidence of human to human transmission.....

And your reliable and verified source for this scaremongering statement please.

2 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Absolutely correct are the tests so far carried out on foreign arrivals accurate, how many who  tested positive actually required medical treatment for covid or are they otherwise perfectly well. It is worrying to note that all those tested positive have emanated from Thais who have been working in middle east countries. What will happen to all these workers now they are in Thailand but now unemployed.

Not all positive in quarantine have been Thais, there have been at least of a couple of foreigners and as more come in, will likely be more of them.

And the positive Thais have been from all over, not just the middle east.

Indeed what they will do for work is a problem but their situation was even worse when unemployed in a foreign country, and it's a pretty good bet those choosing to repatriate are ones whose employment abroad dried up.

We are retiree’s with a home (owned) to run and a life to lead, our average spend per month is 80-85k into the local economy, ( Hua Hin) We made the mistake of flying home to Ireland directly after visiting our grandson in Australia on March 2nd for business reasons, we both have our health, wealth and the desire to return back to HH. Why the hell are we being excluded? Mad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bim Smith said:

That's common sense so they won't do that.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Col said:

The country is pretty much ruined now and in the meantime other countries in the region will take in the tourists that Thailand doesn't want and creating jobs and wealth for them countries.

How many 10's of millions of dollars will Thailand lose if they don't open up soon.

Well those tourists wouldn't be going to Australia will they.

Australia closed its borders to tourists on March 20 and it is still near impossible to travel to the country without an exemption visa.

How many 10's of millions of dollars will Australia lose if they don't open up soon

We have got to learn to live with coronavirus just like we do with flu.. heart attacks, cancers, hi blood pressure,& many more illnesses...

We all need to get back to normal the best way we can now..if we don't all countrys will be broke. ..????????????????

Who wants to live like this...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

Hope you are joking. 

China got 5 major cities under lockdown,massive flooding in the central part of the country,a lot factory closed coz flood,agriculture products been wasted trying to save the biggest city,grains are rotting in warehouses around the country,earthquakes hitting few weeks already,unusual weather phenomena,snow in Beijing,hail resemble covid shape,massive thunderstorms and lightning,problems with USA,India,Australia,and Japan. 

I don't see them aloud their citizens get out the country any time soon.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, anchadian said:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/08/05/no-immediate-plan-to-permit-more-foreigners-into-thailand/

BANGKOK — The Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wednesday said there is currently no plan to expand the list of foreigners allowed to enter the country, including retirees with homes and families in Thailand.

Press officer Yajai Bunnag said only four groups of non-Thai nationals announced in the latest regulation are permitted into the Kingdom at the moment. They include those holding a certificate of permanent residency, a work permit, those who have a special arrangements with the government, and migrant workers.

Those words come from a journalist who later makes a different and counter statement.  Also, I personally KNOW, and just spoke with, a U.S. Married to Thai, who got the tests, the COF, the flight and is in the Quarentine Now.  So, spouses can come back and ARE still on the Priority List with the MOF.  If I am missing something, please provide reference, from a credible source.  Your post and the journalist are only spreading fear and uncertainty to a large population of viewers here.  Please, do diligent staff work before posting such.  If it sounds bad... reserch more or ask questions of help...

12 hours ago, webfact said:

An allowance of limited international arrivals must ensure public safety and help stimulate local economies

How does an engineer or business man entering the country less than 14 days to do specific work help stimulate the economy?

Do away with quarantine and people will start going back to Thailand and if people have done a covid test and its negative then they shouldn't have to do quarantine or self isolation I know we will fly out the earliest we can if they did it like that 

Edited by Sarah secord
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

Those who come for a long stay may well go through that process. 

The problem is do you trust Thai authorities to not let those in quarantine escapae into the night?

Maybe you could

pay an unemployed local to take your place in quarantine? A classic sleight-of-hand substitution trick. As long as there’s a body in the ASQ hotel room everything should be fine ????