Drawing criticism, Trump says he will accept Republican nomination 'live from the White House'

webfact

2 hours ago, MyTHaiMyKe said:

He also works for no pay! So he is entitled for weekends at his club, but still working!

Yeah not bad when transport and security runs to about a million each club trip. 

No pay, but all expenses paid,and betya he is claiming a tax deduction for the salary donation to charity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yeah not bad when transport and security runs to about a million each club trip. 

No pay, but all expenses paid,and betya he is claiming a tax deduction for the salary donation to charity.

But he can't donate to his own charity because that was dismantled due to fraud.

How is this man still in office?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Far as I know no cabal of psychiatrists has come out to claim Biden has senile dementia, and not supporting Biden, why would I come to his aid?

Never mind, I'll leave you all to carry on without me.

You dont support trump either, yet here you are to his defence.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2020 at 10:30 AM, RJRS1301 said:

I love the way "Trump Hater/s" is bandied about, for those who disagree, does criticism of a person or policies equal hate now?

Perhaps some think more critically than others who appear to leap to defense, rather than thinking through issues

@ RocketDog

Post # 120

The man takes too much gratuitous glee from shocking people.

He glories in conflict. He's a very sick puppy.

Given that's not an uncommon sort of posts from some that oppose Trump is it any wonder we refer to "Trump haters"?

That sort of post ( and not the worst by a long chalk ) goes way beyond mere "criticism" of a person, IMO.

17 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

The salary of $400,000 per year for being POTUS pails into insignificence when you understand how much he has earned from doubling membership rates at Mar A Largo, how full his Trump hotels are and how much the family are making just from being The First Family.

And by quite a huge marging, he has golfed more than any previous president, all at tax payers expense, roughly estimated at $140,000,000 (https://trumpgolfcount.com/

At least try and get it right.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1341/take-no-salary/

Trump continues to fulfill his 2015 campaign promise that he will forgo his salary. 

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2020 at 8:56 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

No professional psychiatrist would make a diagnosis without personally talking to the person involved. "Charlatans" comes to mind if they are prepared to overlook their professional obligations, and being struck off would be appropriate.

and so what was the reason to have Trump passing the MoCA ?

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1341/take-no-salary/

Trump continues to fulfill his 2015 campaign promise that he will forgo his salary. 

He got it right, he mentioned Trump not taking any salary. Maybe better read next time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

@ RocketDog

Post # 120

The man takes too much gratuitous glee from shocking people.

He glories in conflict. He's a very sick puppy.

Given that's not an uncommon sort of posts from some that oppose Trump is it any wonder we refer to "Trump haters"?

That sort of post ( and not the worst by a long chalk ) goes way beyond mere "criticism" of a person, IMO.

Trump does seem to enjoy shocking people. Trump does seem to enjoy conflict. You may argue these are not "facts", but it's hard not to see him as such given his many tweets, statements and actions. Pointing it out is not "hate", other than in Trump supporters' minds.

As for "very sick puppy" - yes, that's what Trump would call "nasty", and even with good cause. Then again, I do not see you or any of the other Trump supporters on here much concerned when the same language is directed at the opposition.

What you (and other Trump supporters) are trying to do is lump all negative comments leveled at Trump, and package them as merely "hate". You ignore that many of the posts are factual and reasonable. And you give Trump and Trump supporters a free pass to do exactly what you complain about.

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2020 at 10:07 PM, riclag said:

Whats the big deal,he lives and works there

If he did it somewhere else they would just accuse him of using gubrment funds for flying to where ever he did it. Might as well do it where ever he sees fit. You notice they have no concern about the virus if it is not helpful to Trump?

15 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

If he did it somewhere else they would just accuse him of using gubrment funds for flying to where ever he did it. Might as well do it where ever he sees fit. You notice they have no concern about the virus if it is not helpful to Trump?

No, "they" wouldn't accuse him of using government funds to travel to wherever, because it comes with the territory. Using the White House for partisan politics is markedly different. What does "the virus" got to do with anything is a mystery, and anyway - doesn't seem like Trump is much concerned about "the virus" or taking precautions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Because he spends so little time at Mar-a-Lago?  Or is it because he actually violated a written agreement not to make it his home and doesn't want to draw attention to that?

Edited by rcummings

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, "they" wouldn't accuse him of using government funds to travel to wherever, because it comes with the territory. Using the White House for partisan politics is markedly different. What does "the virus" got to do with anything is a mystery, and anyway - doesn't seem like Trump is much concerned about "the virus" or taking precautions.

It's really much to do about nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Should he just do it in Jacksonville like the original plan? I can't even imagine the outrage. 

You can't imagine the "outrage" because....what outrage?

Keep making things up, no problem.

• Like 1

DNC 4 days event raised 70M, 122 millions viewers and excite 1.1 millions people texting 30330, the number that speakers and moderators cited throughout the convention through which Democrats help people register to vote. I will be watching and comparing these numbers with the RNC which will be good indicators of the election outcome. Got to say, I am impressed with the DNC outcomes. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Should he just do it in Jacksonville like the original plan? I can't even imagine the outrage. 

Certainly from local citizens who were overwhelmingly opposed to holding the convention there. Maybe they learned something from the surge in infections that followed the Tulsa fiasco.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not sure what point you are trying to make here. I’m not arguing he has foregone his salary. What am I not getting right?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm guessing Jerry Fallwell Jr. will not be speaking at the RNC 2020, as he did at the 2016 RNC Convention.

Traditional family values. LoL.

Well he seems to have traditional trump values.