Michelle Obama launches scathing attack on Trump's leadership, says Biden will end the chaos

webfact

29 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

You are correct. Until the George Floyd death then he specifically said he would pick a black female.

Here is a news link.

Please read the link you gave, ""I am not committed to naming any (of the potential candidates), but the people I've named, and among them there are four Black women,"". 'among'

Just noticed J Town already mentioned similar.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, J Town said:

Why do you repeatedly post such nonsense? The 2020 Dem policies have been repeatedly posted on this thread. The rioters have been exposed as troublemakers on BOTH the left and the right. Everyone in the universe who lives is deteriorating, it's a constant state of being. And to sling a defamatory statement like that at a woman who has accomplished more than you could ever hope to is embarrassing.

Again, please stick to facts.

Because it's true.

How many Democrat politicians have come out to oppose the violence in the streets? They seem to believe the protesters are mainstream. 

Although it seems my opinion is not on the correct side of center for this forum. 

What is the point of these threads, if you censor one side?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Because it's true.

How many Democrat politicians have come out to oppose the violence in the streets? They seem to believe the protesters are mainstream. 

Although it seems my opinion is not on the correct side of center for this forum. 

What is the point of these threads, if you censor one side?

This post is different from your previous post which I answered and you ignored. You keep dancing around, changing your narrative. If you can't stay focused then it's senseless to engage with you.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Morch said:

Sad to see the straws grasped at.

Not sure it's "sad"? I'd go for "amazing".

It's "amazing" the lengths trumpers go to defend him, even when he flips, flops, re-flips and re-flops.

Not sure they realize they won't be able critique any future President, assuming there is one, given their strident, shrill, angry and vacuous defenses of the current one.

Popcorn ready for Melania's speech, not that I understand a word she says. I really do care. Do you?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I see no vision, no commitment to a better future for all, no message of hope. All I see is spending more of other people's money as bribes.

Are there none in the Dems that can inspire, lift the heart, give a vision that people can look up to, commit the populace to a future that will unite the people for a better world? Did all hope for the American people's future die in Dallas?

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't see as how they could "bring the country together", and if it's other people's money being spent I assume it's a bribe.

I wasn't talking about Trump, in case you hadn't noticed.

If the Dems want to win the presidency they need to provide a better message than Trump. So far they haven't, IMO.

All I see so far is two opposing parties saying the other is worse than them, nothing positive, nothing to lift the spirits, nothing to inspire hope for a better world.

Most things governments do is based on funding by "other people's money". It's what known as "taxes" (or debt). Not really sure where you're going with this nonsense argument.

As for the Democrats' platform - you routinely question its existence, and whenever supplied with facts to the contrary, dismiss them with some general spurious comments.

Also, it would seem that in your mind, it is only the Dems that need to come up with policies etc., while the Republicans, or rather, Trump, are apparently exempt from such demands. Same goes for the bit about failing to lift spirits etc. But hey, "it is what it is"...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Not sure it's "sad"? I'd go for "amazing".

It's "amazing" the lengths trumpers go to defend him, even when he flips, flops, re-flips and re-flops.

Not sure they realize they won't be able critique any future President, assuming there is one, given their strident, shrill, angry and vacuous defenses of the current one.

Popcorn ready for Melania's speech, not that I understand a word she says. I really do care. Do you?

Well, if the last 4+ years are any indication, many of Trump supporters would have little issues denying, ignoring and saying it-was-just-a-joke, just-trolling when the need to make different bogus comments arises.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 11:41 AM, Pilotman said:

Indeed she was, it's just a pity that Biden is such a inarticulate moron. If that is the best that the Democrats can come up with then they don't deserve to win against Trump. 

Yeah, that silver-tongue devil of a Presidente we have truly is a study in perfection!

33 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Whatever. There were 12 female finalist, with about 8 of them being blacks.  It slowly was downsized to 3 blacks. 

The black leaders made it very clear if he wanted black vote he had to choose a black VP.

Here are some news links for your reference:

Link 1 - Joe Biden pressed again to name a Black woman as his running mate

Link 2 - More than 100 Black men urge Biden to pick Black woman as vice president

Link 3 - Black male leaders say Biden will lose election if he doesn't choose Black woman as VP

Link 4 - Power Up: Black leaders to Biden: You'll lose in November without a Black VP

Link 5 - ‘He better pick a Black woman’: Biden faces Whitmer backlash

Want more articles? And these are all out of Liberal News outlets.

Other people telling him who they want him to pick is the same as him saying it will be a black woman?

Thats some serious mental gymnastics.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Other people telling him who they want him to pick is the same as him saying it will be a black woman?

Thats some serious mental gymnastics.

Some serious mental gymnastics would be required to seriously believe that Biden makes decisions like that on his own.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:
8 hours ago, J Town said:

Dem platform contains the following items:

Can't wait to see/hear about the RNC platform.

Hopefully it doesn't have a long, gentle ramp.

FWIW, Melania's speech will have subtitles in English.

Watching the DNC20 unfold is like a delicious binge of a series of trailers leading to the Hollywood blockbuster of the year. Got a kick whenever another Trump's skeleton came out of the closet to haunt him (Sally Yates, Maria Yananovich (spelling?), etc.). And the "Madwoman" has yet to show up! Folks tend to forget - again to drift on a Hollywood metaphor, especially of the Disney vein, it's usually the sidekick(s) that get the best actions, not the leading man. So Biden can slump in his chair for all I care, his back is well covered and fortified by a bevy of early, middle and senior-age beauties, all well-spoken, lip-glossed and hell-bent on kicking Trump's ass. 

Re Melania? I heard through the White House downstairs that she's decided to cut to the chase and do a  20min long  striptease instead. I'll watch that (We love you Melania, inspite of everything!)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Whatever. There were 12 female finalist, with about 8 of them being blacks.  It slowly was downsized to 3 blacks. 

The black leaders made it very clear if he wanted black vote he had to choose a black VP.

Here are some news links for your reference:

Link 1 - Joe Biden pressed again to name a Black woman as his running mate

Link 2 - More than 100 Black men urge Biden to pick Black woman as vice president

Link 3 - Black male leaders say Biden will lose election if he doesn't choose Black woman as VP

Link 4 - Power Up: Black leaders to Biden: You'll lose in November without a Black VP

Link 5 - ‘He better pick a Black woman’: Biden faces Whitmer backlash

Want more articles? And these are all out of Liberal News outlets.

You claimed 'he specifically said he would pick a black female', and came with a link.

Your link didn't proof that, so your reaction 'whatever', and more non-proof 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TooPoopedToPop said:

Some serious mental gymnastics would be required to seriously believe that Biden makes decisions like that on his own.

You may be right that Biden makes decision based on consensus contrasting with Trump who surround himself with yesmen; think himself the smartest person and make decisions without input from others. If  you don't agree with him, they will be fired. You hero worship that kind of dictatorial behavior.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You claimed 'he specifically said he would pick a black female', and came with a link.

Your link didn't proof that, so your reaction 'whatever', and more non-proof 

This is what I wrote:

"I only say it because Biden made it very clear he was only going to pick a Black Female.

So it is not based upon the best candidate for the job but due to race and gender.

So who is more racist?  Biden by far.  Look at all the gafs he has made regarding race."

I never said he said it. I said he has been implying it since day one.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TooPoopedToPop said:

Which is diametrically opposed to what you stated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

You are correct. Until the George Floyd death then he specifically said he would pick a black female.

Here is a news link.

12 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

This is what I wrote:

"I only say it because Biden made it very clear he was only going to pick a Black Female.

So it is not based upon the best candidate for the job but due to race and gender.

So who is more racist?  Biden by far.  Look at all the gafs he has made regarding race."

See your own quote 'he specifically said'.

Backtracking a bit?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

This is what I wrote:

Implying is not the same as making it very clear. Stop digging.

He was condidering, after receiving advice, thats what intelligent people do.

He never made anything clear about the vp had to be a black female.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Implying is not the same as making it very clear. Stop digging.

He was condidering, after receiving advice, thats what intelligent people do.

He never made anything clear about the vp had to be a black female.

PoodThaiMaiDai is omitting his post, where he said 'he specifically said'.

• Haha 1