Covid-19: "Necessary" app to trace foreign tourists mooted for October

webfact

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

That's just natural progression, due to the Chinese immigrants to Thailand that have taken over decades ago. Funny thing is some fled the Mao commieland and are now pining to get back into it's arms.

https://newleftreview.org/II/97/benedict-anderson-riddles-of-yellow-and-red

Motherland calling.

Very good article as well. Did know him already. Thanks for reposting

On 8/20/2020 at 3:55 PM, JonnyF said:

This will be sure to get the foreigners flooding back in. They love having their moves tracked by Military Juntas.

Make it easier to find out which houses elite live in, then this could be passed on to tea leafs 

Most all phones have a tracker for this COVID 19 BS.  

iPhones it is go into settings then down to privacy and click on health. It is either in on or off mode. 
Android go to settings then to Google Settings and look for it there. These were update installed without our knowledge. I just deleted the program from my phone by returning my iPhone back to original settings. Also look in Bluetooth. 

Edited by holy cow cm

Thailand can kiss goodbye to any chance of a visit while this BS is happening. If I want to be tracked, I'll break the law in the UK and get a curfew ankle bracelet. I go on holiday to get away from things, the last thing I want is to be tracked everywhere I go.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dave UK said:

Thailand can kiss goodbye to any chance of a visit while this BS is happening. If I want to be tracked, I'll break the law in the UK and get a curfew ankle bracelet. I go on holiday to get away from things, the last thing I want is to be tracked everywhere I go.

will you leave your mobile phone at home then? There is no way to hide from tracking as long as your mobile phone is powered on and transmitting signals to an operator's network.

• Like 1

anywa the way things are going... its going to be only the CCP getting peeved off, about this little neighbouring foreigner country - that's going to be brave enough toe-tag their travelling CCP peasants

1 minute ago, samsensam said:

will you leave your mobile phone at home then? There is no way to hide from tracking as long as your mobile phone is powered on and transmitting signals to an operator's network.

there will be this soo strange new pandemic - of Flat batteries...

On 8/20/2020 at 11:18 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Contact tracing involves ‘everyone being tracked’

Thus: IF this suggestion is to work, it only works if ‘everyone' has an App on their phone which traces their movement. 

What will happen - everyone deletes the app from their phone !!!

Ultimately, IF Thailand wants Tourists they have to be treated with far more respect than the current sanctimonious ‘we can’t have them doing that’ suggestions. 

The current suggestion imply an upside-down mentality of the decision makers, that tourists are privileged to come to Thailand and not a mentality that Thailand is privilege to receive tourists. 

A Pre-Flight Covid-19 test (with a negative result) for every visitor to Thailand should be sufficient. 

If Thailand doesn’t trust that, test upon arrival should add an additional level of measure - from there on in the TM6 card and TM30 (reported by the hotels) should be sufficient to track any positive cases if necessary.

The objectives ’should’ be to keep the economy moving while maintaining the replication rate of the virus below R1. 

Thailands continued attempts at zero domestic cases is killing its own economy. 

They hate us because we.re bringing the new that they think they don't need. They hate us because we inspire the youth to think and analyze. A bunch of low expectational stinking dinosaurs!

4 hours ago, Dave UK said:

Give over Dave, I doubt you could break a kit Kat. 

Just now, alexth said:

They hate us because we.re bringing the new that they think they don't need. They hate us because we inspire the youth to think and analyze. A bunch of low expectational stinking dinosaurs!

Yh it's a joke how old all these heads are. Seriously I cannot believe any just do not pop there clogs whilst in office. I even wondered if they were just wearing saggy face masks and some other guys pretending to be them. 

I got 4 laughs on this post.

There is no 17,6% of GDP from tourism.

That 17,6% is turnover, sales --- while GDP is Value Added.

A common misunderstanding that overrates tourism in the Thai economy.

Does any of the laughing posters care to explain?

I will then explain some basic facts about macro economics to them.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:40 AM, sweatalot said:

Tracing foeign tourists is always inappropriate. When will they get this?

A surefire recipe to avoid them coming. Or is it this what they want?

They could / can trace me as long as they want. Nothing to hide. ????