DDC: Risk of second wave of infections low as new patients carried 'dead' Covid-19 cells

webfact

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

Some Asian nations thought to have had outbreaks under control have seen a resurgence, including Vietnam, where cases have more than doubled since the virus reappeared in July after three months without community infections.

Now why would Thailand be any different? Maybe it's that rooster strutting false pride they indulge in!

none of this adds up,nonsense.its ok she may have caught it in loei so bkk is alright duur?they stupidly compare here to philippines but the difference is ....testing,we go back to the same place time and again.why?its obvious.dont test dont find,we see this testing being the way to control it world wide but heres the exception.why?ohh i see the arrests started last night and the emergency powers extended,this has nothing to do with covid.simple as that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Every now and again there's a pandemic which kills millions or tens of millions and we do appear to be due for one, but this isn't it.

Possibly the Chinese labs are still working on it!  WWIII has started!

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The DDC said that even though both patients had a small quantity of genetic material in their systems, the virus was dead and hence not capable of transmitting.

The department is nevertheless tracing the history and close contacts of both patients to make sure nobody else has got infected and inform them to undergo quarantine.

First sentence "the virus was dead and hence not capable of transmitting"

Second sentence "to make sure nobody else has got infected and inform them to undergo quarantine"

When something is dead, it's dead, so why contradict what your saying ?

20 hours ago, webfact said:

As for the case of the infected Malaysian, who claimed to have contracted Covid-19 in Thailand, the DDC hasn’t yet received any information from that country’s health authorities. Some 11 close contacts of the Malaysian in Thailand have been tested for the virus and cleared after all results were negative.

Hear no evil from Malaysian government, tell no evil 

11 contact "here' been tested and cleared, again, tell no evil

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Authorities said the woman was unlikely to be contagious and may have caught the virus in the United Arab Emirates or her home province of Loei, bordering Laos.

Aha. So Bangkok is the only place that matters. The part that she could have been infected in Loei is beside the point.

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

'Nothing to worry about'

That's the time to start worrying when they say 'Don't worry'

Yeah, they are very good in this phrase. Like "we have sufficient supply of face masks" or "There will be no drought this year because we are well prepared" or "Our reservoirs and canal can cope with the amount of rain during rainy season" or "We dispatched mililtary and firefighters against forest fires in the north"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

How would she catch Covid-19 and who would she catch Covid-19 from in Loei?

It's only possible to catch Covid in dirty farang countries such as Middle East or nearby Laos.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The second wave will never happen here, it will be hushed up to make sure Thailands immaculate record will stay un-blemished. Tourism must start to keep Thailand afloat, and truth will not get in the way.

what an utter cynical nonsense. But at least you admit that they will "hush it up" because until now Thailand has such a good record. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

what an utter cynical nonsense. But at least you admit that they will "hush it up" because until now Thailand has such a good record. 

Time will tell, as social media keeps printing cases of domestic infections and the powers to-be keep denying them it will become obvious what's going on.

People are not scared of the truth, give it to them and they can protect themselves with knowledge of what's really going on.

Not cover-ups all the time... 

7 hours ago, PatOngo said:

'Nothing to worry about'

That's the time to start worrying when they say 'Don't worry'

Interesting points to note :

The Markets are affected by the fearmongering, if it had been dealt with in a reasonable manner this should never happen.

Second wave , Thailand never had a first wave , this is fearmongering again

Society at ease NOT the virus , just genetic material , the virus has never been identified yet

Wearing of a Mask is still considered affective against virus , against all scientific studies

Continued mainstream media propoganda

• Like 1

The more the worlds knows about this virus, the less we understand. Negative tests become positive, it can seem to stay dormant for a long time, many of those that have "recovered" report troubling ongoing health challenges and may be weakened permanently, and now its not the antibodies that may present a hope for a vaccine but the T-cells .... immunity may be 6 months at best as reinfection seems possible ..... an unexplained anomaly, it is becoming more contagious .... but as yet, we do not know if any less "dangerous". It is so new and different that the long-term ramifications are at best guess work ...... one thing is for sure is that is not over and best avoided.

Covid, what a joke, let it run its course and see who is left standing at the end.

For anyone worried about this poxy flu Nembutal should be made freely available so as to let the world continue on its own merry way to self destruction.

What a joke.

• Like 1

Sorry-but I live on Samui- this is not true...until the borders open (carefully), things will NOT return to normalcy.

Thailand is fast returning to normalcy having recorded just 58 COVID-19 deaths and 3,389 cases since January,

21 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

This. D614G strain that ravaged USA and Europe has arrived in Malaysia, Thailand will have to deal with that eventually, and it will not be plain sailing like this year

Although there has already been much breathless commentary on what this mutation means for the COVID-19 pandemic,the global expansion of G614 whether through natural selection or chance means that this variant now is the pandemic. As a result, its properties matter. It is clear from the in vitro and clinical data that G614 has a distinct phenotype, but whether this is the result of bonafide adaptation to humanACE2, whether it increases transmissibility, or will have a notable effect is not clear.

https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(20)30817-5.pdf

42 minutes ago, John CS said:

The Markets are affected by the fearmongering, if it had been dealt with in a reasonable manner this should never happen.

Society at ease NOT the virus , just genetic material , the virus has never been identified yet

Wearing of a Mask is still considered affective against virus , against all scientific studies

Yeah right!...and it's shear co-ncidence that 789,283 have died globally from corona virus, how about that! ????

21 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The article makes no sense at all.

You don't admit someone to hospital for being antibody positive if they are antigen negative. And a health certificate for work would not normally require a COVID antibody test.

Having a very low viral load does not mean the viral particles are "dead". (Though it does render you less infectious).

I can only assume the reporters did not understand the medical details and garbled them. And that both women tested positive for COVID antigen (not antibody) about 4 weeks after leaving quarantine with 2 initial negative tests.

I suspect the reason she was admitted to hospital was out of an over-abundance of caution.

Also, as the cases of the supposedly "reinfected" patients in South Korea showed, it's possible for an overly-sensitive PCR test to pick up on inactivated fragments of virus material left behind in a fully-recovered person.

Findings suggest South Korean reinfected cases are false positives

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Yeah right!...and it's shear co-ncidence that 789,283 have died globally from corona virus, how about that! ????

There are very few who die of Corona virus, they die with it. Even some of the ones who supposedly die with it, are falsely counted, because they are just added to the count, but not tested or autopsied.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John CS said:

As for the mask issue, a Danish professor in virology gave a pretty interesting interview yesterday, saying that if 100,000 Danes used Masks for a week it would prevent 1 case of covid 19, if using July as example. Atm the rate in August would be 50,000 to wear mask for a week to prevent 1 case. So not utterly useless but very ineffective. 

I'm not sure where he gotten his statistics from, but I know a Danish study is been peer reviewed atm, and should be out soon, so will be interesting to see if it supports his claims.  If he is right about masks beeing so ineffective, I think it's overkill to use in many situations. 

I'm all for social Distancing and proper hygiene and Isolation, but not sure if masks are the answer. 

Sure it's another tiny layer of protection, but I wonder if using billions of masks worldwide everyday is worth it. Sound like a huge waste of materials to me, if you live in a country with few cases like Thailand. 

But off course it would be a tricky job to constantly say when it's advised or not advised to use a mask so maybe many governments just took the decision to make it mandatory, without having any solid evidence of the effectinness. 

So far we didn't have to use masks in Denmark, but by tomorrow it will be mandatory in public transport. 

Pretty interesting to see how the so-called experts here changed their mind afters months of saying masks are not effective enough and that social Distancing, hygiene and isolation would be enough. What changed their mind? 

I laugh my ass off if the peer reviewed study shows masks are super ineffective, but if it shows masks are good at preventing the spread I wear it with no problem. 

I'm not against using a mask, I just like to see some solid evidence before beeing forced to use it. 

Ohh and some sellers of masks should be ashamed. We had examples here that some companies charged the equilant of 100 baht for a single use mask. 

Talk about taking advantage of a market where it's difficult to find a mask.  Were in 7 shops yesterday and all sold out. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, diks said:

There are very few who die of Corona virus, they die with it. Even some of the ones who supposedly die with it, are falsely counted, because they are just added to the count, but not tested or autopsied.

Well no doubt, you'll live forever! :thumbsup: Just don't wear a mast and don't get tested!

10 minutes ago, Virt said:

As for the mask issue, a Danish professor in virology gave a pretty interesting interview yesterday, saying that if 100,000 Danes used Masks for a week it would prevent 1 case of covid 19, if using July as example. Atm the rate in August would be 50,000 to wear mask for a week to prevent 1 case. So not utterly useless but very ineffective. 

There was large demonstration in Berlin on August 1st with a few hundred thousand demonstrators, all or most of them not wearing masks. Of course police and other officials did. Now three weeks later one would expect a large increase in infections but there was hardly a blip, it was in the same range as quoted above.

19 minutes ago, Virt said:

I'm not sure where he gotten his statistics from, but I know a Danish study is been peer reviewed atm, and should be out soon, so will be interesting to see if it supports his claims.  If he is right about masks beeing so ineffective, I think it's overkill to use in many situations. 

I'm all for social Distancing and proper hygiene and Isolation, but not sure if masks are the answer. 

Sure it's another tiny layer of protection, but I wonder if using billions of masks worldwide everyday is worth it. Sound like a huge waste of materials to me, if you live in a country with few cases like Thailand. 

But off course it would be a tricky job to constantly say when it's advised or not advised to use a mask so maybe many governments just took the decision to make it mandatory, without having any solid evidence of the effectinness. 

So far we didn't have to use masks in Denmark, but by tomorrow it will be mandatory in public transport. 

Pretty interesting to see how the so-called experts here changed their mind afters months of saying masks are not effective enough and that social Distancing, hygiene and isolation would be enough. What changed their mind? 

I laugh my ass off if the peer reviewed study shows masks are super ineffective, but if it shows masks are good at preventing the spread I wear it with no problem. 

I'm not against using a mask, I just like to see some solid evidence before beeing forced to use it. 

Ohh and some sellers of masks should be ashamed. We had examples here that some companies charged the equilant of 100 baht for a single use mask. 

Talk about taking advantage of a market where it's difficult to find a mask.  Were in 7 shops yesterday and all sold out. 

Just wear the mask and screw the rest of it ... distancing, lockdowns, blocked borders etc.